ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 80
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:50 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Jags had the best pass rush we will face until the Superbowl.

Bills and Bengals are not as good, that should help a little. The NFC is loaded with pass rush but that will be almost a month away.

We just have to get by next week. If anyone can do it, its Patrick.

GO CHIEFS!!

Team pass rush win rate

1. Philadelphia Eagles, 52%
2. Dallas Cowboys, 52%
3. Miami Dolphins, 50%
4. Arizona Cardinals, 47%
5. San Francisco 49ers, 46%
6. New York Giants, 45%
7. Los Angeles Rams, 45%
8. Jacksonville Jaguars, 44%
9. Denver Broncos, 44%
10. New York Jets, 44%
11. Buffalo Bills, 43%
12. Green Bay Packers, 43%
13. Cleveland Browns, 43%
14. Houston Texans, 43%
15. Kansas City Chiefs, 41%
16. Washington Commanders, 41%
17. Baltimore Ravens, 40%
18. Pittsburgh Steelers, 40%
19. Carolina Panthers, 39%
20. Tennessee Titans, 38%
21. Cincinnati Bengals, 37%
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 37%
23. Chicago Bears, 37%
24. Las Vegas Raiders, 37%
25. Detroit Lions, 36%
26. Atlanta Falcons, 35%
27. Minnesota Vikings, 34%
28. Seattle Seahawks, 34%
29. New England Patriots, 33%
30. Los Angeles Chargers, 33%
31. Indianapolis Colts, 33%
32. New Orleans Saints, 29%
I'm shocked we are at 15!! Thought for sure we would be at mid-twenties.:-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:50 PM 01-21-2023
There’s no other QB in football who’s ankle wouldn’t be snapped after that dirty, filthy hit.

The guy has a titanium skeleton. I’m telling you, it’s other worldly.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:05 PM 01-21-2023
It’s definitely to his benefit that he is so good at off balance unorthodox throws. The dude had a QBR over 100 after the injury
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:22 PM 01-21-2023
JUST SAW MAHOMES COMMENTS AFTER THE GAME. Firstly he walked to the podium with no limp whatsoever. Here is what he said.

"We'll see how it is when the adrenaline wears off but honestly I was just talking to the staff and It feels better right now. A lot better than I was expecting. Playing today gives me an extra half a day to rest the ankle. I'll get right into treatment tonight so I can be as close to one hundred percent as possible".

The MRI and how he feels tomorrow will be important but right now here are the facts.

1. X-rays were negative

2. Played the entire second half

3. Had no walking boot or wrap post game

4. Is walking with no limp now

5. Says he feels better

If the MRI comes back clean and his ankle doesn't react badly tomorrow imo there's a good chance he nay have escaped a huge bullet like Daniel Jones and Trevor Lawrence did earlier in the season.
[Reply]
Bump 10:25 PM 01-21-2023
He's like the Michael Jordan with a little bit of Larry Bird of football (only he doesn't talk nearly as much trash). I'm not saying that like I was saying that Pacheco is like a Barry Sanders/Earl Cambell type of running back as a meme. I mean that seriously. Mahomes is the God of football.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:28 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Bump:
He's like the Michael Jordan with a little bit of Larry Bird of football (only he doesn't talk nearly as much trash). I'm not saying that like I was saying that Pacheco is like a Barry Sanders/Earl Cambell type of running back as a meme. I mean that seriously. Mahomes is the God of football.
And he plays for my favorite football team.

I could cry. I will never, ever take it for granted.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:28 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
JUST SAW MAHOMES COMMENTS AFTER THE GAME. Firstly he walked to the podium with no limp whatsoever. Here is what he said.

"We'll see how it is when the adrenaline wears off but honestly I was just talking to the staff and It feels better right now. A lot better than I was expecting. Playing today gives me an extra half a day to rest the ankle. I'll get right into treatment tonight so I can be as close to one hundred percent as possible".

The MRI and how he feels tomorrow will be important but right now here are the facts.

1. X-rays were negative

2. Played the entire second half

3. Had no walking boot or wrap post game

4. Is walking with no limp now

5. Says he feels better

If the MRI comes back clean and his ankle does reaxr badly tomorrow imo there's a good chance he nay have escaped a huge bullet like Daniel Jones and Trevor Lawrence did earlier in the season.
Sounds like he was just dealing with a fuckload of pain and, in true gumby fashion, his ligaments morphed back into shape post haste.

Re-injury might be the biggest concern going forward.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:32 PM 01-21-2023
Amazing he didn't even stay down after the hit. Think soccer.
[Reply]
myselff77 10:48 PM 01-21-2023
This week will be the most amount of resources, $$$, technology, and medicine that has ever gone into rehabbing an ankle sprain. I hope it works out and, if so, would make for a great documentary down the road.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:53 PM 01-21-2023
“I’m not coming out of a playoff game unless they take me out”

“You just have to be a competitor at the end of the day”

That’s my fucking quarterback.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:58 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
This week will be the most amount of resources, $$$, technology, and medicine that has ever gone into rehabbing an ankle sprain. I hope it works out and, if so, would make for a great documentary down the road.
Reading this reminded me of the story behind the invention of the flak jacket. Oilers QB Dan Pastorini injured his ribs against the Steelers, missed several games and spent several days in the hospital.

During his inpatient stay:

Originally Posted by :

Several days later, while lying in his hospital bed, someone unexpectedly knocked on the door. Pastorini said in walked two men—one carrying a medium-size brown paper bag and the other a baseball bat.

“I was thinking the two men had bet the ranch on the game and they were going to pummel me to death and take me out inside the bag,” he joked.

Instead, the man, Byron Donzis, took the never-before-seen flak jacket out of the paper bag and placed it up against his chest. The man with the bat then stepped up and proceeded to whack Donzis and his protected chest three or four times with no ill-effect.

Originally Posted by :

Armed with military-grade protection, Pastorini returned to the Oilers lineup three weeks later and guided the team to a 17-9 victory over the Dolphins in the league’s first-ever Wild Card round. The following week the Oilers upended the New England Patriots advancing to the AFC Championship. In both contests, Pastorini said he knew the opposing defenses were targeting his ribs and testing out his new protective gear.

“They hit it. And then they looked at me and said, I guess it works,” he laughed.

The Oilers lost in the AFC Championship game to the same Steelers team that had injured Pastorini a month earlier. But in defeat, Pastorini had won. He achieved victory just in his ability to play despite three broken ribs. All quarterbacks that followed like Peyton Manning won as well.

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 10:59 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I believe he'll be ready for next week. I'm just choosing to believe he only suffered a mild sprain. He has shown the ability to heal and recover quickly in the past.

He definitely won't be 100% though, and that's a bummer. His ability to scramble and run for first downs is obviously importart. He can still get it done and I wouldn't bet against him.
It was bad enough he sat out for a long drive and then he hopped on one leg for a first down?

I'm expecting him to play and I'll be pleasantly surprised to see him have any more mobility than old man Brady.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:27 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by SupDock:
“I’m not coming out of a playoff game unless they take me out”

“You just have to be a competitor at the end of the day”

That’s my fucking quarterback.

Damn right. That’s my fucking QB too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 12:16 AM 01-22-2023
I havent been on here all day,sorry if its already been discussed.That second Jags defender that sacked him ,totally put his knee down on his ankle.Is that not a dirty play ?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:19 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
I havent been on here all day,sorry if its already been discussed.That second Jags defender that sacked him ,totally put his knee down on his ankle.Is that not a dirty play ?
Oh it was. They were dirty.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 80
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up