ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 80
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes Injury Updates Thread
Chiefspants 04:51 PM 01-21-2023
Figured it would be more ideal to give this its own thread than the Jaguars gamethread.

Unspoiler to see the first two updates

Spoiler!

UPDATE 3: Courtesy of King - High Ankle Sprain Confirmed

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

UPDATE 4: Got asked to add this report from Arrowhead Pride to the OP: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2023/...chiefs-presser
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 01-22-2023

[Reply]
DRM08 10:39 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
It's really going to come down to one single question; will continuing to play on it this season risk any more severe damage in the future?

If the doctors say that isn't a concern, and it's just about pain tolerance, it would take the Chiefs organization calling in the National Guard to keep Mahomes off the field. He would play with a bone sticking out of his leg if they let him.

There is no other QB in football who takes that hit and doesn't break his ankle, not to mention continue playing and even throw another TD. This guy is truly built different. He's underappreciated by this league, one of the last true warriors left in the game of football. They need to stop trying to prop others up to his level and recognize him as the legend he already is.
I'm reminded of the freaky play against Tampa earlier this season. It was both a magical TD pass as well as magical escape from injury. That play featured a similar looking potential injury where his ankle & knee were in a very bad position under the weight of a defender. Somehow he got up from that Tampa one without any trouble.

[Reply]
carcosa 10:45 AM 01-22-2023
How's it feeling today???? Tell us, Patrick!!!!!
[Reply]
Woogieman 10:45 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Enter all the guys who once has an ankle sprain giving us their stories.
But it's true...In my 30s I got a high ankle sprain from broadcast spreading high-potassium fertilizer around my Swiss Chard, hurt like HELL. That same afternoon, I was able to tape it up, put on hte orthopedic socks, and compete like hell at my daughter's school carnival and barely won the pie-eating contest AND foolowed it up with The Worm. It can be done..if you have the heart of a warrior.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:45 AM 01-22-2023

Not sure of the extent of the injury, but Patrick Mahomes has nothing on his right foot. No wrap or boot or anything. He’s rocking the same sneakers he came to the stadium in. Also not much of a limp to be honest. We’ll see

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 22, 2023

[Reply]
-King- 11:32 AM 01-22-2023

MRI today confirmed that Chiefs’ QB Patrick Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain during Saturday’s win over the Jaguars, per league source. “Nothing more than that,” said one source, and Mahomes has said he plans to play in next Sunday’s AFC Championship Game.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 22, 2023

[Reply]
TEX 11:37 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Painful. Mine sure was. And it was not right for weeks. He's going to get the best possible treatment so maybe he can manage it with minimal pain.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 11:37 AM 01-22-2023
As soon as Brittany stops raping him, he'll heal up
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:39 AM 01-22-2023
this is going to give chief fan what he wants, more running plays

we'll see how it works out
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:40 AM 01-22-2023
At least it wasn't his knee but he won't be right the rest of the way. Sucks but hopefully if we get to the SB that extra 2 weeks will help alot
[Reply]
R Clark 11:40 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
As soon as Brittany stops raping him, he'll heal up
Sure hope it’s that easy
[Reply]
Chieftain 11:41 AM 01-22-2023
Best case scenario. Great news.
[Reply]
TLO 11:41 AM 01-22-2023
Best possible news
[Reply]
TLO 11:42 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
Enter all the guys who once has an ankle sprain giving us their stories.
I'm gonna need more stories of people who sprained their ankles.
[Reply]
Chieftain 11:46 AM 01-22-2023
Didn't Pat destroy the Bills a couple of years back in the playoffs having turf toe?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 80
« First < 678910 111213142060 > Last »
Up