LA Rams-HC-Sean McVey
Dolphins-Hc-Mike McDaniel
Red cough Commanders-HC-Ron Rivera

Broncos-Inter HC-Jerry Rosburg
Colts-Inter HC-Jeff Saturday

Hired
Bears-President and CEO -Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren
Cardinals-Monti Ossenfort as new general manager
(from my wife's hometown who is also named Cardinals)
Browns-DC-Jim Schwartz
Titans -GM-Ran Carthon
Jets-OC-Nathanial Hackett
Panthers-HC-Frank Reich
Cowboys-OC-Brian Schottenheimer (sp)
Broncos-HC-Sean Peyton

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...irings-firings

Mods-feel free to edit as needed. I will be out of commission for a few days this week.

this is funny
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...xans-cardinals
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:34 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Mahomes is always the answer
No disrespect to Mahomes, but he also signed off on CEH.

Look, I live here in PHX, so most of my friends are Cards fans, so whether I want to or not, I end up hearing a lot about Kliff-bar.

The short version is he's not a good coach. he's not a good tactician, he's not a great play designer, he's a poor play-caller . . . I don't know what he did for Pat when he was TT, but in the NFL I just don't see a place for him in KC.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:37 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
No. Not unless Patrick asks for it.

From what I’ve seen, I’ve seen him wax poetic about TT, his teammates, the fans, Lubbock, a lot of different stuff from his early years, and other than “he took a chance on me when nobody else would.” He’s been pretty quiet on the Kliff front.

Moreover, I’m convinced Kliff is a shit coach. Even before Turd Ferguson Kyler showed up. He did an interview from Tech when Mahomes blew the league apart that basically said “He’s special. He could do incredible things so I didn’t try to change his approach at all.”

Really, you ****? That’s the position you want to take? Because even back in 2018 other than the live arm he looked nothing at all like the dude on the TT film, so Andy obviously worked with him on some shit. And 2022 Mahomes is way different than 2018 Mahomes who was not at all like TT Mahomes. And then I hear Pat pissed at himself because he let his feet get off kilter and I don’t think we need a guy whose approach is “He’s special. I’ll let him be.”

Obviously this all rolls around Mahomes. If Mahomes wants him he’ll be here. At 1:21 on 1/9/22 I’m not excited about it.
Ummm…Mahomes is a big fan of Kliff. I can tell you when Tech fired Kliff, Mahomes became pretty cold with the football program at the time. He seemed to deliberately avoid posting about Tech football on Twitter, but he would post about Tech basketball and baseball. There was a “snub” effect going.

Later on it helped that Kliff landed on his feet with a NFL job, and eventually Mahomes got back on board with more full-throated support for Tech’s football team. It helped that Tech hired Zach Kittley as OC before 2022 season. Kittley was Patrick’s QB coach under Kliff at Tech. They have further mended fences with Patrick by inducting him into the Tech Ring of Honor. They pretty much broke the rules to do this for him, since he was not a First Team All-American in college.
[Reply]
Why Not? 01:39 PM 01-09-2023
Kliff sucks. Albeit with a wider than Mahomes to Carr sized gap, if not the Chiefs, I root for the Cardinals. I've seen every Cardinals game Kliff coached. He's terrible. I'd advocate for, how does Buehler put it..."Mother fucking sack of shit Herm Edwards" (or something like that) as OC over Kliff.
[Reply]
poolboy 01:40 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Look, I live here in PHX, so most of my friends are Cards fans, so whether I want to or not, I end up hearing a lot about Kliff-bar.

The short version is he's not a good coach. he's not a good tactician, he's not a great play designer, he's a poor play-caller . . . I don't know what he did for Pat when he was TT, but in the NFL I just don't see a place for him in KC.
which was kinda dumb on the front office
Maybe Kyler tension had something to do with the play calling?
plus, what do Cardinals football fans know about playcalling lol
just spitballing on bringing him to the Chiefs....we could likely lose Eric B and Nagy on the offensive side
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:43 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

We have to stop taking these off-season PR stories so literal. We have tons and tons of scouts and there only job is to find talent, but we're going to act like it was up to Pat on who we should draft?

Those stories are good for PR, because if the team goes and tells Clyde that Patrick fucking Mahomes is the reason he's on the team, then that's a pretty big ego boost for him and the fan base is going to be excited, because Patrick is Patrick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:50 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
which was kinda dumb on the front office
Maybe Kyler tension had something to do with the play calling?
plus, what do Cardinals football fans know about playcalling lol
Kliffberry hasn't helped educate them in that regard, that's for sure.

And no, it's not just Kyler. If it was, then why haven't his backups done any better?

I've had to watch a lot of Cards games, and his play-calling in the RZ is suspect, at best. Atrocious at worst. His management at the end of halves is also pretty questionable. he doesn't know how to close out a game offensively, and he relies entirely too much on individual matchups (DHop) instead of scheming guys open.

Now, if you're some kind of Kliffy fan, i apologize, and I'll stop with the critique, but it's pretty obvious if you watch any game from last season after week 8 or so, or most any game from the last 4 that Kyler played. Kliff is not an NFL HC or OC.

Maybe someday, but not in 2022.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
We have to stop taking these off-season PR stories so literal. We have tons and tons of scouts and there only job is to find talent, but we're going to act like it was up to Pat on who we should draft?

Those stories are good for PR, because if the team goes and tells Clyde that Patrick fucking Mahomes is the reason he's on the team, then that's a pretty big ego boost for him and the fan base is going to be excited, because Patrick is Patrick.
Lolz, that was kind of tongue-in-cheek, bud. i know the actual story, as related by both Veach and Andy. But it is a fact that both talked to Pat before the actual draft, and Pat was all in on CEH.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:04 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Ummm…Mahomes is a big fan of Kliff. I can tell you when Tech fired Kliff, Mahomes became pretty cold with the football program at the time. He seemed to deliberately avoid posting about Tech football on Twitter, but he would post about Tech basketball and baseball. There was a “snub” effect going.

Later on it helped that Kliff landed on his feet with a NFL job, and eventually Mahomes got back on board with more full-throated support for Tech’s football team. It helped that Tech hired Zach Kittley as OC before 2022 season. Kittley was Patrick’s QB coach under Kliff at Tech. They have further mended fences with Patrick by inducting him into the Tech Ring of Honor. They pretty much broke the rules to do this for him, since he was not a First Team All-American in college.
I defer all the TT stuff to you. Full stop. I’ll fully acknowledge that Pats quietness on Kliff may be me not seeing the times that he does, but I’ve seen him wax poetic hard on his old teammates, but not Kliff. Maybe it’s just because we were playing Coutee or whomever. I don’t remember the context.

What I do remember is Kliffs comment about not messing with Mahomes because he’s so good. That was back in 2018 and I was consuming everything I could find on Mahomes and saw that and thought WTF why would you say that? I think he was trying to push all the credit back on Mahomes but it’s still a super weird thing to say to go out of your way to say you didn’t want to change anything. Because he could certainly be better.
[Reply]
srvy 02:13 PM 01-09-2023
Ben Johnson getting media mentions as the new offense minded wonderboy deserving of a head coaching job. Could be a darkhorse for Arizona or Denver if they want to try to manufacture an offense someday.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:14 PM 01-09-2023
Personally, I doubt that he is, but McCarthy should also be on the hot seat. He's terrible.

Oh, and LaFleur. Just based on those two inexcusable penalties by his defense, and the other one that wasn't called, he should be canned.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:15 PM 01-09-2023
Andy doesnt mess with Mahomes, thats good coaching
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:34 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

I mean look at their GM. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
I hate these patriot stooges as much as the next person. But holy hell what an overreaction to a team that actually isn’t half bad if they get a real qb.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:44 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Kliff is gone

As someone who watched this season's Hard Knocks, it seemed apparent no one on this team really listens to the guy. He'd walk by a group, sprout off some flat sounding motivational platitude, get no feedback, then walk away. It was fucking weird.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:47 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I defer all the TT stuff to you. Full stop. I’ll fully acknowledge that Pats quietness on Kliff may be me not seeing the times that he does, but I’ve seen him wax poetic hard on his old teammates, but not Kliff. Maybe it’s just because we were playing Coutee or whomever. I don’t remember the context.

What I do remember is Kliffs comment about not messing with Mahomes because he’s so good. That was back in 2018 and I was consuming everything I could find on Mahomes and saw that and thought WTF why would you say that? I think he was trying to push all the credit back on Mahomes but it’s still a super weird thing to say to go out of your way to say you didn’t want to change anything. Because he could certainly be better.
I do believe it's probably better for Patrick to have newer voices in his ear to help him improve. So we agree 100% on that aspect of it, that maybe Kliff ain't the right guy to help Patrick keep improving. But I also don't like seeing Mahomes in heated arguments with EB. Something ain't right there.

I've considered that EB is simply playing the "a-hole bad cop" role for Andy Reid, which allows Coach Reid to be the nicer guy with Mahomes and other players. Can't really blame EB if he's doing what Coach Reid wants him to do. But it still feels like something ain't right with EB & Patrick...hell, EB & Kelce got very physical on the sidelines at one point.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:56 PM 01-09-2023
yes, every coach has got his role when it comes to Pat
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up