LA Rams-HC-Sean McVey
Dolphins-Hc-Mike McDaniel
Red cough Commanders-HC-Ron Rivera

Broncos-Inter HC-Jerry Rosburg
Colts-Inter HC-Jeff Saturday

Hired
Bears-President and CEO -Big Ten Commissioner Kevin Warren
Cardinals-Monti Ossenfort as new general manager
(from my wife's hometown who is also named Cardinals)
Browns-DC-Jim Schwartz
Titans -GM-Ran Carthon
Jets-OC-Nathanial Hackett
Panthers-HC-Frank Reich
Cowboys-OC-Brian Schottenheimer (sp)
Broncos-HC-Sean Peyton

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...irings-firings

Mods-feel free to edit as needed. I will be out of commission for a few days this week.

this is funny
https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...xans-cardinals
[Reply]
tredadda 08:52 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nobody is going to hire him to be an OC.

Maybe a college team will give him a call, but I doubt he has any decent NFL connections other than Mahomes
Yeah, he’ll go back to college probably as a lower tier school HC. If he does well he might get a shot at power 5 school. He probably won’t sniff another NFL job for 10+ years if ever.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
and he had shit for qb
Murray's not what he's being paid and not what he's cracked up to be, but he's not 'shit'.

If you need a better QB than Murray to be a .500 coach, you probably shouldn't still have an NFL coaching gig.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:56 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) After TCU got exposed last night I don't know how you even hire Harbaugh. Had a much more talented roster top to bottom yet lost to those schmucks.
Sometimes it just happens. Michigan destroyed tOSU who dang near beat UGA. While UGA probably wins 9 out of every 10 against TCU, I wouldn’t expect every game to be this lopsided.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:57 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yep. Here's Kliff's shoe collection, here's Kliff working out, here's Kliff mumbling something no one pays any mind to. Guy looks uncomfortable as hell as HC.

He does remind me of Herm a bit in that college kids probably relate more to him than grown men in an NFL locker room.

Outside of Budda that team has zero leadership or direction.
That’s actually pretty surprising considering they also had Watt there.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:00 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Yeah, he’ll go back to college probably as a lower tier school HC. If he does well he might get a shot at power 5 school. He probably won’t sniff another NFL job for 10+ years if ever.
I don't think he has any interest in coaching again anytime soon. He's going to go home to his smoking hot GF and live the good life raking in free cash.

Guys like him and McVay are only interested in the glamour that comes with being an NFL head coach, not the actual work involved.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:23 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Kingsbury played for Belichick. The Patriots need an OC after the dumpster fire with Patricia & Judge this season, so that could be a landing spot.

Andy Reid once made his OL coach the DC. It failed spectacularly, and he corrected the error the next season.

Belichick is going on 4 seasons now without giving his QB any weapons help outside of RBs and a platoon of mid-tier TEs. The biggest WR acquisitions in that span have been Kendrick Bourne and washed up Davante Parker. The pressure has been on him for years to improve the big play capability of his offense, and he passes each and every time. It’s almost as if he became a sore loser when the Pats were pressured into cutting AB, so now he just refuses to invest unless he falls ass over tea kettle into another Edelman.

I just don’t see him attempting to adapt, because it’s what everybody wants him and expects him to do. I think he’s just going to keep doing his Patriot bullshit. It’s like he won’t accept any success if it wasn’t obtained the unconventional way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:40 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Andy Reid once made his OL coach the DC. It failed spectacularly, and he corrected the error the next season.

Belichick is going on 4 seasons now without giving his QB any weapons help outside of RBs and a platoon of mid-tier TEs. The biggest WR acquisitions in that span have been Kendrick Bourne and washed up Davante Parker. The pressure has been on him for years to improve the big play capability of his offense, and he passes each and every time. It’s almost as if he became a sore loser when the Pats were pressured into cutting AB, so now he just refuses to invest unless he falls ass over tea kettle into another Edelman.

I just don’t see him attempting to adapt, because it’s what everybody wants him and expects him to do. I think he’s just going to keep doing his Patriot bullshit. It’s like he won’t accept any success if it wasn’t obtained the unconventional way.
BB is what Andy Reid would be had Andy Reid stumbled ass-backwards into Reggie White.

Belichick is a brilliant defensive coach with little interest in offense. He was fortunate that he ended up with a HoF quarterback to paper over some of his offensive shortcomings.

Brady/Belichick was a perfect combination of coach/player. And without Brady, Belichick is going to go back to being the pretty good coach he was in Cleveland; a defensive guru who won't have much happening for him on offense.

It's not that he's pouting - he's NEVER cared about the offensive side of the ball. He simply had a player that covered for him.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:48 AM 01-10-2023
That’s actually pretty surprising considering they also had Watt there.
Yeah, I should probably include Watt there.

He definitely played a mentor role to Zack Allen. So much so that if he gets bored and wants to chase a ring and work with Karlafugus, I'd be up for it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:49 AM 01-10-2023
Also depending on how you spell Karlafugus, you could get Karlabundle of sticksus
[Reply]
tredadda 10:16 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yeah, I should probably include Watt there.

He definitely played a mentor role to Zack Allen. So much so that if he gets bored and wants to chase a ring and work with Karlafugus, I'd be up for it.
I would love to have Watt here on an affordable 2 year deal. He’s older than Clark but would still be a huge upgrade over him. I think he still has a couple of years left in the tank and we could provide him with the best chance to win a SB. He’s no longer DPOY good, but he is still solid.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:52 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
BB is what Andy Reid would be had Andy Reid stumbled ass-backwards into Reggie White.

Belichick is a brilliant defensive coach with little interest in offense. He was fortunate that he ended up with a HoF quarterback to paper over some of his offensive shortcomings.

Brady/Belichick was a perfect combination of coach/player. And without Brady, Belichick is going to go back to being the pretty good coach he was in Cleveland; a defensive guru who won't have much happening for him on offense.

It's not that he's pouting - he's NEVER cared about the offensive side of the ball. He simply had a player that covered for him.
This is why I would always prefer a HC with an offensive background.

Andy Reid was still able to win big without having a HOF-caliber QB... 4 straight NFC Championship games in Philly, whereas Belichick is a sub. 500 HC without Brady.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:14 AM 01-10-2023
I would love to have Watt here on an affordable 2 year deal. He’s older than Clark but would still be a huge upgrade over him. I think he still has a couple of years left in the tank and we could provide him with the best chance to win a SB. He’s no longer DPOY good, but he is still solid.
Watt is bound for the glue factory.

You gotta pay the roid tax eventually.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:27 AM 01-10-2023
Bleacher Report FTW.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-to-the-chiefs
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:41 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This is why I would always prefer a HC with an offensive background.

Andy Reid was still able to win big without having a HOF-caliber QB... 4 straight NFC Championship games in Philly, whereas Belichick is a sub. 500 HC without Brady.
Alternatively, the ceiling would seem higher with a defensive minded coach, no?

Because take a brilliant offensive mind and give him an elite defensive player (again, Reggie White) and that makes the team quite a bit better, but does it make it a dynasty? I don't think so - defensive players don't move the needle that much.

But take an elite defensive mind and give him an elite QB? Well, we saw how that works.

I think there are arguments for both approaches. As you noted, I think your floor is higher with an elite offensive coach because you shouldn't ever truly suck. But f you're looking to build a dynasty, it may be that a premium defensive mind backed by a stellar QB is a cleaner path to get there...
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:19 AM 01-12-2023
updated
[Reply]
Page 10 of 19
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up