ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 378
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:54 AM 10-19-2022
They're both in the NFL, especially when it pertains to QB. There are very, very few exceptions of winning a championship in the NFL without at least an elite performance by your QB if you don't actually have an elite QB.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:58 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They're both in the NFL, especially when it pertains to QB. There are very, very few exceptions of winning a championship in the NFL without at least an elite performance by your QB if you don't actually have an elite QB.
Brady was quite bad in the 2020 playoffs (he had no business at all beating GB, he was horrific that day) and still got carried to a title by an elite defense (and that was hardly the first time in his career, see the early Patriots days).
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:08 AM 10-19-2022
I mean, if not for an questionable OPI, an incredibly blatant hold on WASP going uncalled, and Niemann getting away with a headshot on Garropolo that almost assuredly concussed him, we go down in history as losing LIV thanks in no small part to Mahomes having an abysmal game by his standards.

We can play denigrate the accolades all you want, but it's an incredibly slippery slope to go down.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:21 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I mean, if not for an questionable OPI, an incredibly blatant hold on WASP going uncalled, and Niemann getting away with a headshot on Garropolo that almost assuredly concussed him, we go down in history as losing LIV thanks in no small part to Mahomes having an abysmal game by his standards.
Gee, it almost sounds like winning SBs are a team thing, right?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:27 AM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The Chiefs are 15th in defensive DVOA this year, 24th last year, 22nd in 2020, 14th in 2019, and 27th in 2018.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...y/2018/regular

Mahomes has never once had a good defense behind him in his career.
I posted this last week. After that Bills game, the Chiefs are now 28th in defensive DVOA currently. I would suggest that it's likely not a coincidence that the only year Mahomes won a SB was the year when his defense was actually average instead of bad to absolutely atrocious.

Championships are ultimately a marker of team success.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:29 AM 10-19-2022
Gee, it almost sounds like winning SBs are a team thing, right?
With an emphasis on QB play, yes. Very rarely can a team overcome poor QB play 3 or 4 times in a single post season. Thats kind of why QBs are valued as highly as they are in relation to every other position and why the team that wins the Super Bowl each year either typically has an elite QB or has a QB put up a string of elite performances.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:10 PM 10-19-2022
Please lets actually talk about basketball, not about the greatness of Lebron James vs whatever. It's constantly exhausting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:16 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Please lets actually talk about basketball, not about the greatness of Lebron James vs whatever. It's constantly exhausting.
Lol, but it's hilarious to kick LeBron stans in the balls when they start capping.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 12:36 PM 10-19-2022
I would absolutely love it if nobody mentioned lebron at all in this thread and we can just count how many references kcc makes to him. Because we all know he will fly in instantly the moment lebron is mentioned to defend his man. And that he also likes to use the excuse that someone else brought him up.

So let's band together and either 1) not have to read about lebron or 2) prove kcc wrong.

It's a win/win.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:50 PM 10-19-2022
Lolololol, there's another similarity. The vast majority want Brady and James to just go the fuck away forever.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:17 PM 10-19-2022
Really excited about the Thunder/Wolves games. Ready to see both teams play this season. I think the Thunder roster might actually be too good to tank for Victor, but losing Chet for the season helps a bit.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:25 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
What's the point? So they can win 47 and still get trucked in the post-season?

No sense in torching assets so you can be slightly less shitty.
Pretty much this. Those 2 guys aren't going to move the needle.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:26 PM 10-19-2022
Debatable. It also really doesn’t matter at this point. The organization is a complete shit sandwich and he’s made the commitment to stick by it for whatever reasons he has. I’d love it if he left but he won’t.
You know the reason. He wants to play with Bronny and doesn't want to leave his family so in 2 years he can go to what ever team Bronny goes to.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:32 PM 10-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Really excited about the Thunder/Wolves games. Ready to see both teams play this season. I think the Thunder roster might actually be too good to tank for Victor, but losing Chet for the season helps a bit.
If they play Poku alot of minutes they will lose alot.

I think Jalen Williams may actually be good. I'm afraid Giddey, SGA and Williams may have too close of skillsets when it comes down to it. Really hard for me to get pumped up for this season with the loss of Holmgren though but hoping for the best. Also this kid from the 76ers may end up being a sharp shooter.

The Thunder need to walk away from Bazley once they can find someone else that can block some shots. He's simply too inefficient offensively IMO
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:43 PM 10-19-2022
:-) Look at Iggy

LOL Cmon pic.twitter.com/K9BR1Af7Uc

— warriorsworld (@warriorsworld) October 19, 2022

[Reply]
Page 5 of 378
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up