ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 435
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280330 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:54 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I suppose the term "Legend" just has a different meaning to me I suppose.

Is Christian Colon a KC legend? After all, he contributed to a World Series win...

To me Jamaal Charles and Derrick Johnson are more "Legend" and they didn't win shit.
Mahomes and Hill will be remembered forever... but if Frank Clark keeps playing the way he currently is, nobody is going to be talking about him in 20 years. Not very Legendary.

But it's okay, you can have your opinion... and facepalm.
You just compared a seldom used player for a baseball team to a guy who had a historic franchise post season.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:06 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You just compared a seldom used player for a baseball team to a guy who had a historic franchise post season.
How many of his sacks were truly great plays, and how many were coverage sacks where he just didn't give up? Kudos to him for the effort, but let's not act like he's anywhere close to the talent level of someone who should get paid what he's making. If he was making $15 million a year I don't think anyone would have a problem with him. But he's making more than anyone else on the roster right now and not producing. That's a problem.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:08 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shows you how "Legendary" I think Frank Clark is... lol.

I hope I'm wrong, and he just turns it on in the post-season for years to come, we will see.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:18 AM 11-30-2020
It almost seems like the NFL is channeling the NBA. Guys taking games off while playing, tons of flags thrown late in the game, etc.

Let's just hope Jones and Clark are time managing themselves, waiting for the playoffs.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:28 AM 11-30-2020
And here's the thing... I'd probably not notice and perhaps not even care if Frank Clark were at least dominating the crappy OLs and LTs he faces. I'd probably say, "What of it? Von Miller is elite until he has to go up against Mitchell Schwartz x2 per year, then he mysteriously disappears. It happens."

But he's not even doing that.

Any stand out plays. Doesn't have to be sacks. Sacks are nice, but a few TFLs in a game, or a bunch of pressures (that's what Chris Jones has been doing this year).
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:41 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Not sure what he has done to earn a "legend" title.
Even some of the scrubbiest of scrubs have had a couple good games.
They don't win that Super Bowl without Frank Clark.

And the SB itself was legendary. First one in most of our lifetimes.

So yeah, Frank Clark is a legend by association.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
His contract is up after this season. Clark is making over $25 million each of the next 3 years.
Just to be clear, his contract has an out after NEXT season. The break is after 2021, where his dead cap will drop from almost $40M to just $12.9M.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
How many of his sacks were truly great plays, and how many were coverage sacks where he just didn't give up? Kudos to him for the effort, but let's not act like he's anywhere close to the talent level of someone who should get paid what he's making. If he was making $15 million a year I don't think anyone would have a problem with him. But he's making more than anyone else on the roster right now and not producing. That's a problem.
He made $12M last year and just over $18M this year.

If he was making $15M, it would still be an issue.

He's really not making any more impact than Alex Okafor (other than being on the field and not injured) but Okafor isn't making $15M, he's making TWO million.
[Reply]
-King- 11:50 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
How about Sammy? That guy doesn’t even play more than 6 regular season games a year and he was paid a ton of money.

It’s always funny to hear people avoid him when bringing up Frank.
I mean that's part of the reason people hoped Hardman would step up to the #2 role this season. Because Sammy for all his post season contributions is unreliable for the most part.

But at least he isn't on a $100mil contract ya know. He's on a 2 year 16 mil contract with a lot of it being incentives.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:51 AM 11-30-2020
It's really hard to see the Chiefs walking on Clark when they gave up a 1 for him and are in a spot where Kpass has to be replaced after this year.
[Reply]
Valiant 11:51 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's great. I love that he did that. But he's paid to do some of that in the regular season too. I don't see mahomes, tyreek and kelce taking the regular season off just because they can turn it on in the post season even though they got big contracts too.
I don't think he is taking off plays or regular season.

I think he is still hurt and wish we would have sat him awhile.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:52 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's really hard to see the Chiefs walking on Clark when they gave up a 1 for him and are in a spot where Kpass has to be replaced after this year.
He's going to have to take a DRAMATIC pay cut then. Do you see that happening?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:54 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Honestly I dunno, but if they do walk you're talking about basically replacing the entire DE position in 2 years while also moving on from Hitchens in that span, that won't be a super easy thing to do without A+ drafting.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:54 AM 11-30-2020
Me, every time Clark hit Brady yesterday:

Real Nice GIF from Real GIFs

[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:57 AM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 230 of 435
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234240280330 > Last »
Up