ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 435
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Really all I care about is winning and the defense getting better. I mean it's great to have pass rushing stats like we have seen the last couple years but it came at the expense of sucking at everything else.

We are 6 spots better than we were last year and would be better if not for our run defense. Although we have faced some very good rushing offenses in Baltimore (#1), Indy (#4), Houston, (#7) Ten (#9) and Oakland (#10).

We can argue all day if Clark is worth what you think he should be. All I can say is this defense is better than we had last year and getting better each week and he is a part of it.
So....none.

Got it.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:40 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm not. But he had an impact on those plays.

That flies in the face of this notion that he was "invisible."

Please stop the overreaction. This was just a very small sample size.
They don't want to look at anything other than flashy stats and highlight reel plays.

I remember one of our best defenses had some big, burly, white guy at DE named Joe Phillips. Dude did absolutely nothing but eat up blocks and allow DT, Neil Smith and Dan Saly to make a bunch of plays.

Football is the ultimate team sport. TB has they best pass rusher in the league.

How are they doing?

Our defense has more sacks than the Ravens.....

Can't get all caught up on all this individual shit so much
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm not. But he had an impact on those plays.

That flies in the face of this notion that he was "invisible."

Please stop the overreaction. This was just a very small sample size.
He had no more impact than Okafor or any other baseline replacement DE would've had on either of those plays. You're giving him credit for remembering to take the field, I guess (which is better than he managed in the Titans game on the TD, but I digress...)

And yes, it was a small sample size - and part of an increasingly large one where he's been replacement level for the VAST majority of the season. But when you're out there crediting him with 'making an impact' on plays that he had absolutely nothing to do with, I guess you get to grade him as a difference maker, eh?

Like I said, hidden touchdowns. You've gone full Cassel with this guy. It won't be long before he's grading out perfectly...
[Reply]
petegz28 02:41 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
So....none.

Got it.
That's not what I said and you know it. But don't let that keep you from your pattern of cherry picking and otherwise taking everything to an extreme before you rant about it.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:42 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
What standard do you have for Clark?
What standard do you have for Hitchens? Where is his thread?

Say what you want about Clark or Sammy. At least those guys have looked elite in a Chiefs uniform.

Hitchens was paid a fuck ton of money and has looked slow with no instincts. I could make a comparison that Hitchens isn’t much of an upgrade from what we got from Josh Mauga a few years ago.

AND Veach redid his contract keeping him here longer. If these is one guy on this team you should be pissed at Veach for, its Hitchens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:43 PM 12-02-2019
They don't want to look at anything other than flashy stats and highlight reel plays.

I remember one of our best defenses had some big, burly, white guy at DE named Joe Phillips. Dude did absolutely nothing but eat up blocks and allow DT, Neil Smith and Dan Saly to make a bunch of plays.

Football is the ultimate team sport. TB has they best pass rusher in the league.

How are they doing?

Our defense has more sacks than the Ravens.....

Can't get all caught up on all this individual shit so much
That is just absolute horseshit and has been from the very beginning.

You guys want to give him credit for 'almost making a play' on a screen pass. Or being...alive...when Thornhill makes a brilliant individual effort. Then you get all asshurt when we aren't looking to pump him off alongside you for doing things that late picks oughta be able to do.

Keep building your straw men, sweetie. It's all you've done the entire time.
[Reply]
O.city 02:46 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Say what you want about Clark or Sammy. At least those guys have looked elite in a Chiefs uniform.

Hitchens was paid a **** ton of money and has looked slow with no instincts. I could make a comparison that Hitchens isn’t much of an upgrade from what we got from Josh Mauga a few years ago.

AND Veach redid his contract keeping him here longer. If these is one guy on this team you should be pissed at Veach for, its Hitchens.
Did we trade a haul and give him the biggest contract in franchise history?

Whats the point of this post?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:46 PM 12-02-2019
That's not what I said and you know it. But don't let that keep you from your pattern of cherry picking and otherwise taking everything to an extreme before you rant about it.
That's EXACTLY what you said.

You were asked, POINT BLANK about Frank Clark and you deflected to wins and team defense. Which is a complete cop-out.

King didn't ask you what you want the Chiefs record to be. He didn't even ask you how many points you hope to see the defense give up. He asked you what you want to see from Frank Clark. And all you wanted to do was talk around it and give some nonsensical answer that you could bend to fit whatever happens going forward.

The defense played arguably its best game of the season without Frank Clark against the Vikings. It played just as well yesterday without Frank Clark as it did with him. The defense has shown little drop off with him not on the field for most of the season (the Chargers game being the notable exception). So by your own definition, if Frank Clark isn't building the defense up when he's out there, isn't he a failure?

Or do you intend to sidestep that as well?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:49 PM 12-02-2019

Hitchens was paid a fuck ton of money and has looked slow with no instincts. I could make a comparison that Hitchens isn’t much of an upgrade from what we got from Josh Mauga a few years ago.

Who's not pissed about Hitchens?

I'm sorry - did I miss the day we all decided that we loved Anthony now? If I did, that's totally my bad.

Because I was under the impression that CP roundly loathes the guy and ABSOLUTELY criticizes Veach for the signing. The difference is that Hitchens doesn't have a half-dozen guys looking to jerk him off for not scissor kicking Chris Jones during Jones rush or something and then claim he 'made an impact' when other guys do things that he was present for.

This thread would've died months ago but/for people like Clay and Staylor trying to build up him shedding a wide receiver or not getting wiped out by a backup LT as though he's just thrown Anthony Munoz to the ground.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 02:50 PM 12-02-2019
How is that any different than you saying that their point of view is from not wanting to "look at anything but flashy stats and highlight reel plays"?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:52 PM 12-02-2019
Really sad to see this behavior.

Big time hissy fit after DJ refused to hold this L following the Chargers game.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:54 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Did we trade a haul and give him the biggest contract in franchise history?

Whats the point of this post?
He was a top 3 paid ILB when he was signed. People shit all over Clark everyday when the guy is hurt and rarely bitch about Hitchens.

If you’re gonna have standards, have them for everybody not just magnifying one player.
[Reply]
O.city 02:57 PM 12-02-2019
He was a top 3 paid ILB when he was signed. People shit all over Clark everyday when the guy is hurt and rarely bitch about Hitchens.

If you’re gonna have standards, have them for everybody not just magnifying one player.
Ok. We bitched all last year about Hitchens sucking ass, seems like beating a dead horse at this point, he still sucks.

But we didn't trade a haul and make him the highest paid whatever. He is now maybe a top 10 paid ILB or something.

It sucks, but you're gonna miss on free agents. It's just money. When you take a swing like they did for CLark and miss, that has a much bigger ripple effect.

Plus they talked about him being this big ass kicker and we just haven't seen that.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:57 PM 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Who's not pissed about Hitchens?

I'm sorry - did I miss the day we all decided that we loved Anthony now? If I did, that's totally my bad.

Because I was under the impression that CP roundly loathes the guy and ABSOLUTELY criticizes Veach for the signing. The difference is that Hitchens doesn't have a half-dozen guys looking to jerk him off for not scissor kicking Chris Jones during Jones rush or something and then claim he 'made an impact' when other guys do things that he was present for.

This thread would've died months ago but/for people like Clay and Staylor trying to build up him shedding a wide receiver or not getting wiped out by a backup LT as though he's just thrown Anthony Munoz to the ground.
It cuts the other way too. Frank Clark gave up the edge on a long run yesterday. Then folks bitch about it and say Dee Ford or Justin Houston would have been better for us staying here.

Except for the fact that Houston also gave up the edge on a long run for a TD yesterday and didn’t do anything.

But we don’t talk about that.
[Reply]
O.city 02:58 PM 12-02-2019
Are we supposed to give him a break for being hurt? I don't remember people doing that for Berry last year, but i'm a bit out the loop.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 435
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up