ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 192 of 934
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Munson 11:06 AM 05-13-2019
This has been a very ass rapey day so far.

Down about 700 points at the moment.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:10 AM 05-13-2019
"Buying opportunity"!!

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:02 PM 05-13-2019
Huh. The grains are actually up today.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:07 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Huh. The grains are actually up today.
Canned goods, farms, and ammo. That's where the smart money is today.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:04 PM 05-13-2019
Worst trading day of the year. Is this just the beginning? Feels like it’s going to get worse
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:07 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Worst trading day of the year. Is this just the beginning? Feels like it’s goifn to get qorse
Nobody knows other than ppl in our or Chinas admin. Double check your list of stocks to grab in any downturn or even prep for selling puts to find some good entry points, I guess.

Somebody posted they wished they'd bought X and Y during the last downturn. Anybody with any ideas they've been waiting on?

I'll start, CME, unfortunately it's very expensive and rarely comes down. It's a monopoly of sorts and Congress looked into it a decade ago but declined to do anything. It pays a modest dividend. Volatility from stock market drops isn't all that bad for them as it bouys their business of selling futures, etc.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 07:17 PM 05-13-2019
Boeing is getting closer to a buy, imo. I would probably wait til they have clarity on the timeline for the un-grounding of their fleet. I bet it will be longer than anticipated.
[Reply]
Groves 07:25 PM 05-13-2019
On shark tank last night Kevin was lamenting the low return on a potential investment and said that instead of investing the 250k in that company that he’d be better off putting it “in a reap and get 9%”.

Maybe it wasn’t “reap”, but it sounded similar.

Is there such a thing as a guaranteed 9% these days? Or was it some stock thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:33 PM 05-13-2019
Originally Posted by Groves:
On shark tank last night Kevin was lamenting the low return on a potential investment and said that instead of investing the 250k in that company that he’d be better off putting it “in a reap and get 9%”.

Maybe it wasn’t “reap”, but it sounded similar.

Is there such a thing as a guaranteed 9% these days? Or was it some stock thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He might have been saying "REIT" - Real Estate Investment Trust. I've heard it pronounced at "reet".

They tend to pay good dividends that can sometimes approach 9 percent, but they're a stock so the actual stock price can fluctuate. The return isn't guaranteed.

I kind of like REITs as a relatively stable return with a high floor and low ceiling. When I'm retired, I'll probably put more of my money into them.

If there's something with a guaranteed 9 percent return out there, I'd put 100 percent of my money into it. Such a thing doesn't exist, at least not in theory.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 05-13-2019
Fucking god dammit.

If this thing sniffs 30 it's getting the boot.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:29 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Fucking god dammit.

If this thing sniffs 30 it's getting the boot.
LOL IQ hitting $30 anytime soon.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:22 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

$26 WOULD BE ENOUGH
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:28 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He might have been saying "REIT" - Real Estate Investment Trust. I've heard it pronounced at "reet".
Yes, it's pronounced "REET". My old law firm represented several REITs. It stands for "Real Estate Investment Trust". By law it's REQUIRED to spit out 90% of its taxable income as dividends.

Originally Posted by :
They tend to pay good dividends that can sometimes approach 9 percent, but they're a stock so the actual stock price can fluctuate. The return isn't guaranteed.

I kind of like REITs as a relatively stable return with a high floor and low ceiling. When I'm retired, I'll probably put more of my money into them.

If there's something with a guaranteed 9 percent return out there, I'd put 100 percent of my money into it. Such a thing doesn't exist, at least not in theory.
There's nothing with a guaranteed 9% return, no question about that.

I've bought into one REIT. MPT, which is "Medical Properties Trust". I have indirect knowledge of their management, and have high hopes that the medical community can pay their rent regularly and won't default as often as, perhaps, other types of businesses. It's done well for me, spitting out the dividends and it's up 37% since I bought it in July 2017.

There are many others out there. They tend to focus, as MPT does, on a TYPE of real estate. If you have malls near you, it's likely one or more is owned by Simon Property Group -- which is a REIT that focuses on retail shopping centers.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:28 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yes, it's pronounced "REET". My old law firm represented several REITs. It stands for "Real Estate Investment Trust". By law it's REQUIRED to spit out 90% of its taxable income as dividends.

Originally Posted by :

There's nothing with a guaranteed 9% return, no question about that.

I've bought into one REIT. MPT, which is "Medical Properties Trust". I have indirect knowledge of their management, and have high hopes that the medical community can pay their rent regularly and won't default as often as, perhaps, other types of businesses. It's done well for me, spitting out the dividends and it's up 37% since I bought it in July 2017.

There are many others out there. They tend to focus, as MPT does, on a TYPE of real estate. If you have malls near you, it's likely one or more is owned by Simon Property Group -- which is a REIT that focuses on retail shopping centers.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:37 AM 05-14-2019
Note that MPW's return dividend yield is apparently 5.57%, so nowhere near 9%.

This laundry list doesn't have many that are anywhere near 9%.

https://www.dividend.com/dividend-st...l/reit-retail/
[Reply]
scho63 08:44 AM 05-14-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:

It will hit $30 as soon as Clay sells at $20.....:-)
[Reply]
Page 192 of 934
« First < 92142182188189190191192 193194195196202242292692 > Last »
Up