ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
In Memoriam>(RIP) Nzoner
stevieray 07:26 AM 10-12-2022
Joe called me yesterday and asked to me post about what is going on.

If you haven't heard, he has been diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer.

Talk about a rock. Guy survives his heart attack, then loses his wife, and now this? It's incredible to me how strong he is...I mean, can you imagine?

They have given him a pain blocker that he says is working well, though he has trouble eating. He had a port installed for chemo.

He is in incredibly good spirits, even though he admitted to me he's tired, he wants to finish the race shining the Light of the Lord to others. He's at peace and I'm proud of how he has handled ALL of this with so much grace.

Please pray for mercy if you would be so kind. He didn't ask me to start this thread so people could feel sorry for him, he asked me because he wanted you all to know that the headstone finally was set in place, he just wasn't up to doing it ( in hospital today), and I don't blame him.

I'd like to thank everyone who donated to this cause. Joe is a special guy a and all those bashes made more than good times, they made lifelong friends. I'll forever be grateful to have known him & Kathy.

Be good to those you love.

-----

MOD EDIT: Here's a little more detail on Joe's new work:

Originally Posted by Nzoner:
God granted me seeing my 60th birthday yesterday and hopefully I'll have the opportunity to see some of you yet.

I also want to tell a little more about our new ministry and will do so.

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT MORE.
-----

Originally Posted by cmh6476:
On March 12, 2023, Joey (Jammin’ Joe) Dale Tracy of Saint Joseph, MO passed away at the age of 60 in his home, surrounded by family.

Joe was born on December 26, 1962, in St. Joseph, MO to Larry and Sondra (Clark) Tracy. He graduated from Benton High School in 1981. On November 29, 1985, while working together at the Thrifty Nickel, he married Kathy Beth Russell. Joe and Kathy went on to own and operate the St. Joseph AD-Venture direct mail publication for 26 years and Pyro Joe’s Fireworks for 12 years.

Joe rededicated his life to his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in 2019. He and Kathy had daily prayer and bible study together.

Joe was passionate about many things in life – Jesus Christ, Music, Football, Fireworks, and good food. Many knew him as “Jammin’ Joe,” “NZoner” from ChiefsPlanet.com, or “Pyro Joe.”

Joe was preceded in death by his mother, Sondra, and wife, Kathy. He is survived by his father Larry, stepmother Patty, brother Kevin (Theresa), nephews Brad and Ian, nieces Shannon and Alyssa, several cousins, and two fur-babies Oscar & Sadie.

Farewell Services & Public Livestream will be held on Thursday, March 16th at 1:00 pm at the Grace Calvary Chapel – 5103 S. 50th St., St. Joseph, MO. Interment Mount Auburn Cemetery. The family will gather with friends 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. Wednesday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. In lieu of flowers, Joe requests donations to his recently established foundation L.O.S.S. (Loss of Spouse Sanctuary). The sanctuary will assist other widows and widowers along their grief journey. More information about L.O.S.S. can be found at LossOfSpouse.org. Donations may be made via the website. Online guest book and obituary at www.meierhoffer.com.

https://www.meierhoffer.com/obituari...#/obituaryInfo
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's a recording up on the site in case anyone missed the live stream.

https://livestream.com/gracelivefeed...deos/235451586

The video he recorded that starts at about 44:30 is worth a watch if nothing else.

Attached: Joe & Kat.jpg (249.8 KB) joe & Kat 2.jpg (247.1 KB) 
[Reply]
stevieray 11:31 AM 03-19-2023
Encore! Encore! (lights lighter and waves back n forth)

A couple of more things about the bashes.

In the beginning Joe and Kathy not only hosted, but also catered the food.
It was always a great spread, down to multiple desserts to finish it off. Once the bashes got bigger, Joe started to ask for donations, to help cover the cost. Of course everyone obliged and even then, thy donated a portion of the proceeds to one of Kathy's local charities. That's who they were.

Prolly the coolest was that you didn't need a ticket to come to the bash. Joe didn't go to all of the games, so if you wanted to come hang with the planet for a weekend, but couldn't afford a ticket, you had a front row recliner waiting for you on gameday.

I took these pics from the display. I feel these pics perfectly capture Joes' joy, easy going nature and determination, qualities that would shine through him in the difficult times, up until the very end. Not once did he see himself as a victim or searching for sympathy.

Eloquently illustrated in the video he shared.

It was an eerie feeling driving up to the church on Thursday, after being there not too long ago help Joe bury Kathy. Humbling. Kind of crept on you the whole time.

The service was very well done. I was moved by Joes' childhood friend. She was very honest and poignant. I could see why she was Joes friend much later in life. His life long business associate and niece also did a fine job in something is not very easy to do. Something like this never is. I wish Katie could have made it, so that Joe's impact on the planet could've been recognized.

I mustered up the courage to talk to Joe's dad. I introduced myself from the planet and that i' had known him almost twenty years. Told him how happy I was that he had recommitted to the Lord and how his legacy would be so different had he not. Joe looks like his dad. He has his eyes. While I was shaking his hand, I kid you not, I saw a flash of Joe in those eyes.

I gasped, and he saw it, and I blurted out I loved your son, you raised a FINE boy. He teared and thanked me and told me that it meant a lot to him. Oh sir, you'll never know how much you reciprocated that day. Godspeed to you and your family.

On the visit right after he was diagnosed, he requested that I pick pallbearers from the planet. I don't know if this got lost along the way, or the family decided against it (which is well within their rights), but we found out the night before that it wasn't happening. Our desire was to wear suits and then put Chiefs jerseys over when we laid him to rest.

When we were in the foyer, the funeral director came up and thought we were the pall bearers. So while it was disappointing, we were dressed to the nines and represented the planet in fine fashion, albeit in a subtle way. I noticed that people are dressing more casual at funerals, so we stuck out a little. I hope we made Joe proud.

We got together at Joe's hangout in St Joe (54th st grill) and toasted and reminisced. Great memories, good times and laughs were had by all. just how Joe would've wanted it.

Friday was HARD. Just a sense of loneliness that is now starting to slowly get better.

Now, it all feels like a compilation of sorts. A rock solid testament to an era that most likely never be replicated, duplicated or paralleled.

For that, I am blessed and grateful to have experienced some amazing times with some really, really great people.

God Bless
Attached: joey2.jpg (30.4 KB) joey3.jpg (39.5 KB) joey4.jpg (60.8 KB) 
[Reply]
teedubya 04:06 PM 03-19-2023
Much love to Joe and Kathy... they were great people. Gone too soon, but they are back together. God bless them. Life was an Ad-Venture for them. :-) Those CP Bashes were amazing.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:35 PM 03-19-2023
The eclipse party!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:56 PM 03-19-2023
Thanks to you that went to the Funeral, and for those posting videos and pics of Joe. I only knew him through these interwebs, but WOW, what a great testimony and great video of him talking at his own funeral. Joe is right, he's in a great place.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:29 PM 03-19-2023
I just got back to Texas, and it was wonderful to have the opportunity to hang out with some of the OG CP people and celebrate a life well lived. As has already been stated, I hope this wasn’t the end of the sense of community.
[Reply]
Katie 10:26 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I just got back to Texas, and it was wonderful to have the opportunity to hang out with some of the OG CP people and celebrate a life well lived. As has already been stated, I hope this wasn’t the end of the sense of community.
So glad many of you were able to make it. It was very disappointing to me that I couldn’t be there. Joe had asked me to read sentiments from the planet which I would gladly have done, but the funeral was scheduled so quickly I couldn’t get out of my family obligation. I sent a compilation of some of the great planet tributes but I guess they weren’t able to include them.

I hope sometime in the future we can gather together and share some great memories of our friend!
[Reply]
cmh6476 11:17 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Katie:
So glad many of you were able to make it. It was very disappointing to me that I couldn’t be there. Joe had asked me to read sentiments from the planet which I would gladly have done, but the funeral was scheduled so quickly I couldn’t get out of my family obligation. I sent a compilation of some of the great planet tributes but I guess they weren’t able to include them.

I hope sometime in the future we can gather together and share some great memories of our friend!
why don't we organize some sort of gathering that could raise more for the L.O.S.S.? If some of ya'll who play music, or someone wanted to DJ, I bet the D&G restaurant would let us use their music venue and collect $10 for apps and entry.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:55 AM 03-23-2023
It's hard to think of anything to write that hasn't already been written above. Everyone knows how special Joe was. I really wanted to attend the service, but I am out of the country on business.

He was a family friend and business partner for the majority of my existence.

I suppose I can state some random memories of me and Joe:

-We both attended The First Assembly of God church in St. Joseph. I was a kid at the time, but do remember him talking with my older brothers/father.

-I re-acquainted with Joe as a teenager while picking up/delivering pallets of Adventure through my families trucking business.

-We found each other again randomly on CP and always talked Chiefs when meeting up IRL.

-An easy spot to find him was at the 54th Street bar, where we would down Tank 7's and talk about prog music. I'd call my wife and say "Going to 54th to talk to Joe and have a beer."

-Both of our favorites bands is Porcupine Tree. I really regret NOT going with him to Chicago to see them live. He told me stories of how fun that trip was.

-We went to see Steven Wilson (of Ptree) together a few years ago, stopped at the Pnut... took a couple of gummies, had a great night.

-I was Joe's IT guy, as I helped rebuild his PC's, and gave him a couple of laptops.... keeping him somewhat caught up in tech. That giant music collection he had mentioned in an above post... much of that came from me. :-) I surprised him with my entire digital collection when his computer crashed.

-For the past years, I would create Pyro Joe's Fireworks digital display for demonstrating Fireworks inside of his building on the TV.

-Joe was a huge fan of my music projects/bands. I remember at one time he wanted to get involved as my band manager and/or promoter which blew me away. I was always so appreciative of that offer, even though it didn't work out due to Kathy's health and Joe's moving on from Rock Music and strictly into Gospel/Praise/Worship music.

-Joe loved to speak about his testimony.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:47 PM 03-26-2023
I'm going to cut this one loose now...been up for quite a while as it is. Thanks to all to who supported Joe with his fundraisers and lastly for his fight for life. It's truly the end of an era for Chiefsplanet.
[Reply]
Passepartout 07:57 PM 03-27-2023
Prayers and thoughts are with loved ones. So tragic!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 37
« First < 273334353637
Up