ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 192
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
GoForIt 12:27 PM 04-25-2021
While driving around today and listening to ESPN radio, a reporter says Brown has come out and publicly said he's NOT going to sign an extension with KC right away. He's going to play-out his one year remaining on his contract, then become a FA and go to the highest bidder. You think that deal that Trent Williams signed didn't get anyone's attention? He didn't rule out eventually re-signing with KC, but only after he finds out his worth on the FA market.
[Reply]
In58men 12:29 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
While driving around today and listening to ESPN radio, a reporter says Brown has come out and publicly said he's NOT going to sign an extension with KC right away. He's going to play-out his one year remaining on his contract, then become a FA and go to the highest bidder. You think that deal that Trent Williams signed didn't get anyone's attention? He didn't rule out eventually re-signing with KC, but only after he finds out his worth on the FA market.

Yikes!
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
In58men 12:32 PM 04-25-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:36 PM 04-25-2021

Yikes!
Do we have any source material to back this up? A link??

Or is this just a typical ‘this guy heard from this guy that Orlando said . . . .’ ?

Either way, doesn’t matter. This year is a trial run to see if OBJ fits with the Chiefs. If he does, they’ll work on signing him to a long term deal. If not, they can either franchise tag him or let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick for him. Either way, pretty small risk for the Chiefs to acquire him and more than worth the payoff if it leads to another SB appearance and/or Super Bowl win.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:36 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
We've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty. . . .
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:43 PM 04-25-2021
Not true...chiefs can keep him for the next three years for UNDER 20m per year...so imo we hold all the cards here.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:45 PM 04-25-2021
This is so strange. A month or so before the trade, Brown said he wanted to sign an extension with whoever trades for him.

Now, this?

I guess his agent woke up snd realized he’s worth a lot more than the 20m per year that was talked about.

Oh well.

I still think that he will get a new deal before camp...but I may be wrong.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:50 PM 04-25-2021
I would say that too at this point, however, he most likely will be open to a longer term deal with Guarantees to mitigate any potential injury rather than be franchised next year. Worse case scenario we tag and trade him next spring...
[Reply]
In58men 12:58 PM 04-25-2021
Didn’t think about the tag and trade option with OBJ
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:01 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This is false.

The poster in question is a Bucs fan posting horseshit and should be banned.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:04 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Or is this just a typical ‘this guy heard from this guy that Orlando said . . . .’ ?

Either way, doesn’t matter. This year is a trial run to see if OBJ fits with the Chiefs. If he does, they’ll work on signing him to a long term deal. If not, they can either franchise tag him or let him walk and get a 3rd round comp pick for him. Either way, pretty small risk for the Chiefs to acquire him and more than worth the payoff if it leads to another SB appearance and/or Super Bowl win.
Totally disagree with this statement. Giving up a 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th is not a small risk.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:07 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is false.

The poster in question is a Bucs fan posting horseshit and should be banned.
Please don't legitimize this cringe lord by calling him a "Bucs fan". He is not a Bucs fan. He is a Brady bandwagon ball washer.

Those kind of people aren't fans. They're pathetic.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:10 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Totally disagree with this statement. Giving up a 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th is not a small risk.
The issue with this is that you’re only looking at what we gave up and not considering what we got back.

There would be plenty of risk in not making this trade.

We would either need to give up far more to move up and get a tackle or we would need to hope that 30 teams pass on a guy who can start immediately.

If we bust on that pick, we might have Niang or Remmers starting at LT.

I think most would agree that the first round pick was going to need to be an OT, since that hole was too large to ignore.

Which package sounds less risky for 2021:

Chiefs have Orlando Brown and an additional second round pick.

Or

Chiefs use pick 31 on an OT that 30 other teams passed on and the Chiefs keep their 3rd and 4th round pick.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:11 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Please don't legitimize this cringe lord by calling him a "Bucs fan". He is not a Bucs fan. He is a Brady bandwagon ball washer.

Those kind of people aren't fans. They're pathetic.
This. Cocksucker probably has a jersey for every team Lebron James ever played for as well.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:12 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
This is so strange. A month or so before the trade, Brown said he wanted to sign an extension with whoever trades for him.

Now, this?

I guess his agent woke up snd realized he’s worth a lot more than the 20m per year that was talked about.

Oh well.

I still think that he will get a new deal before camp...but I may be wrong.
Also went from protecting a glorified running back to now the league's golden goose.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 192
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up