ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Video Card chat
vailpass 12:44 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
GPU Tales of Terror: Episode 8

So, NVidia dropped their new line of RTX 3060s today. A 12GB model for under $500. I went out to Microcenter early this time, just in case. Got there about 9:45, and there was already about ~40+ people in line. :-) Some of these mother****ers brought camping chairs and sleeping bags. Who knows WTF time they started the line. They opened the doors about 9:55ish. By that point, the line outside ran all the way down the side of the building, and around the corner down the street. ****ing bananas.

They had about 20 or so RTX cards to give out. Pretty much every person that was in line went directly to the computer parts counter to form another line to wait for GPU cards. They handed out little slips of paper for the number of available cards, like they were Willy Wonka golden tickets. There were about 20 people still in line in front of me when they ran out. :-)
Damn man. You've really been putting in the work. I hope next time you walk into MicroCenter a clerk there tells you they just got a shipment of 3080 in and he's not supposed to stock them yet but he's gonna' sell you one on the side.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:34 AM 02-26-2021
I've been trying to get a 3090 since the first day and the only way I could get one was to buy the whole prebuilt system instead of configuring to suit. And even now as it hasn't arrived yet (eta Tuesday) I am suspicious of its actual existence! Part for part I figure I paid about a 400 dollar mark up so a little much, but I can get work to reimburse some of it. I was pretty happy with the components, so overall not too disappointed in the route I had to take. Obviously, that assumes it actually shows up Tuesday. My new monitor already got here.

I bought this for work needs, but I think I might have to try some gaming now which I haven't done for 20 years.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:15 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by underEJ:
Obviously, that assumes it actually shows up Tuesday. My new monitor already got here.
Aaaand, it is delayed 2 weeks now.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:53 PM 03-02-2021
I've grown tired of having all the parts here except the gpu for the last three months. I'm going to build my son's new rig using the new parts and a 1660 Super card that I have in another PC.

Does anyone know of any reason I couldn't just swap out the 1660 for a 3080 if/when I ever get one? Other than needing to wire for the 12 pin PSU connector?
[Reply]
mdstu 07:49 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I've grown tired of having all the parts here except the gpu for the last three months. I'm going to build my son's new rig using the new parts and a 1660 Super card that I have in another PC.

Does anyone know of any reason I couldn't just swap out the 1660 for a 3080 if/when I ever get one? Other than needing to wire for the 12 pin PSU connector?
There should be no issue, as they are both NVIDIA.

When I change between AMD and NVIDIA, I use DDU to wipe the drivers.
I've never had an issue.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:08 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by mdstu:
There should be no issue, as they are both NVIDIA.

When I change between AMD and NVIDIA, I use DDU to wipe the drivers.
I've never had an issue.
Thanks. That reminds me, I need to load Windows onto a thumb drive before I start building.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 12:58 PM 03-02-2021
I just got this alert for those looking for an RTX. It will probably go quick. I did notice that it states in stock April 6th also.
[Reply]
Fish 01:36 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
I just got this alert for those looking for an RTX. It will probably go quick. I did notice that it states in stock April 6th also.
Thanks. But if you actually try to purchase, it says it's no longer available.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:38 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Good looking out. I tried to get one to give to my younger son.
Fucking scalper bots? Fucking crypto miners? Other?

[Reply]
Molitoth 02:25 PM 03-02-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Good looking out. I tried to get one to give to my younger son.
Fucking scalper bots? Fucking crypto miners? Other?
Yep. A big fuck you to everyone who is buying to resell or crypt mine.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:40 PM 03-02-2021
man, glad i got my 5700XT last year before all the prices shot back up! I waited til they dropped once they did, i built a new pc. Hope yall do the same if you are thinking, as soon as it goes back to normal pull the trigger if you can.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:40 AM 03-03-2021
My old RX580 took a crap around Black Friday, I didn't want to buy anything good to replace it as I wanted to wait and build a new machine around the RTX 30 line once they are actually available.

So I bought a 1050TI to tide me over. It was $110 with rebate. Now people want $300 for the damn thing. Crazy.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:51 AM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
My old RX580 took a crap around Black Friday, I didn't want to buy anything good to replace it as I wanted to wait and build a new machine around the RTX 30 line once they are actually available.

So I bought a 1050TI to tide me over. It was $110 with rebate. Now people want $300 for the damn thing. Crazy.
I'm running with a 1050TI as well, but it's not handling my VR stuff.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:57 PM 03-03-2021
wtf, i just looked up my old Video card which is a 970 SC and its going for 400 bucks used. lol crazy.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...4801414&sr=8-1

this one. lol
[Reply]
Pants 03:16 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
wtf, i just looked up my old Video card which is a 970 SC and its going for 400 bucks used. lol crazy.

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...4801414&sr=8-1

this one. lol
Holy fuck, I just checked my 2080 and it's like $1,500. People have lost their damn minds. Fucking crypto miners.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

I might just fucking sell it and be without a PC until the 4000 series come out.

I could buy like a mid-range gaming laptop to tide me over and still make out like a bandit.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up