ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 166 of 295
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ModSocks 05:04 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Hope so, because last season was a mulligan no OTAs or Pre-season and condensed TC with a shitty OL.

CEH said he was leaps and bounds more prepared in comparison as a rookie yet he didn't produce with the revamped O-Line who gave him room to run.
Well, i'm sure he'll be a 1K back this year assuming he stays healthy.

That's enough for some. I personally don't care about that. I want to see him make the most out of every carry, regardless of his accumulation by season's end.

I was a heavy "Draft CEH" guy leading up to the draft. He was my pick. I'll freely admit he's been less than what i envisioned.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 05:06 PM 09-14-2021
To me the biggest problem besides not being trusted in pass protection all that much is that he just seems pretty slow.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:08 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
To me the biggest problem besides not being trusted in pass protection all that much is that he just seems pretty slow.
He'd probably look a lot faster if he'd hit the hole with some conviction instead of dancing around back there. There was a play where he was, seemingly, trying to juke a dude that was being blocked. Just run forward, bro.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:14 PM 09-14-2021
I'm just honestly these days wondering what he IS good at.

Where's that crazy side step thing we all worshipped coming out of college? I'm worried.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:37 PM 09-14-2021
I think if you guys want a solid RB these days, the metrics you want to look at are 65 rushing yards and 22 receiving yards per game... So 87 total as your barometer.

Those will tend to put the guy in the top 10-15 in rushing, receiving, and total yards by a RB.

In the regular season, Clyde averaged just under 62 per game rushing and just over 22 per game receiving. He was basically a middle-tier starter as a rookie.

So, I'm not giving up on the kid yet. His vision did look awful that game though but maybe there is credence to his ankle bothering him too much to cut on, thus the plowing straight into the back of his lineman several times.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:13 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Uchieffybugger ain't nothing but a bitch, a punk ass, stupid ****, silly little bitch.

:-)

Todd Gurley....
Lol you replying to me twice again you emotional ass moron? :-)

And yes dummy!!..Todd Gurley who is 27 years old and had over 800 total yards and 9 touchdowns last season you thick piece of trash...but I guess his booty ain't giving you that "feeling" right? :-)
[Reply]
flinchfree 08:17 PM 09-14-2021
The excuse of learning a new O Line blocking is bullshit for mine.
Running back is the only position you play on instinct. Yeh there are schemes you hope result in holes being available in certain areas, but even then those mostly get mucked by the D Line and your hole opens in a different spot.

It's why teams pluck a RB from the unemployed ranks (see Latavius this last weekend, but it's happened many many times) when catastrophic injuries at the position occur, and that back often walks in and runs well first up with ZERO practices.

It's a gift, is running.
CEH had enough gift at the College level to look really good, the question is whether his physical traits translate to the pro level.
Reckon it's no more than a 50/50 bet on seeing what he's done the first year and a bit.
Gore looked way quicker getting to the line and through a gap from limited snaps, would love to see him get a look in real game time.
Doesn't matter where we get our talent, first round pick or UDFA, as long as we get it.
[Reply]
jjjayb 09:22 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
The excuse of learning a new O Line blocking is bullshit for mine.
Running back is the only position you play on instinct. Yeh there are schemes you hope result in holes being available in certain areas, but even then those mostly get mucked by the D Line and your hole opens in a different spot.

It's why teams pluck a RB from the unemployed ranks (see Latavius this last weekend, but it's happened many many times) when catastrophic injuries at the position occur, and that back often walks in and runs well first up with ZERO practices.

It's a gift, is running.
CEH had enough gift at the College level to look really good, the question is whether his physical traits translate to the pro level.
Reckon it's no more than a 50/50 bet on seeing what he's done the first year and a bit.
Gore looked way quicker getting to the line and through a gap from limited snaps, would love to see him get a look in real game time.
Doesn't matter where we get our talent, first round pick or UDFA, as long as we get it.
I thought Gore looked great too. Found a hole and hit it. Fast. Didn't we cut him though?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:50 PM 09-14-2021
No clue why we got rid of gore
[Reply]
-King- 09:56 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
I thought Gore looked great too. Found a hole and hit it. Fast. Didn't we cut him though?
He's on the practice squad
[Reply]
jettio 10:31 PM 09-14-2021
I had the NFL Network rebroadcast of the game, and Clyde had several good plays.

He is going to grade out a lot better with his coaches than he apparently grades out with some folks here.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:02 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
No clue why we got rid of gore
We didn't, you ****ing idiot.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:48 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, i'm sure he'll be a 1K back this year assuming he stays healthy.

That's enough for some. I personally don't care about that. I want to see him make the most out of every carry, regardless of his accumulation by season's end.

I was a heavy "Draft CEH" guy leading up to the draft. He was my pick. I'll freely admit he's been less than what i envisioned.
Clearly. But there have been mitigating circumstances. Running backs don't operate in a vacuum.

I expect big things as the season goes on.
[Reply]
srvy 06:11 AM 09-15-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
I had the NFL Network rebroadcast of the game, and Clyde had several good plays.

He is going to grade out a lot better with his coaches than he apparently grades out with some folks here.
I rewatched last night and had basically the same reaction as you. He did miss some opportunities with holes he didn't see. He may just need a little fine tuneing as he didn't get much preseason with the ankle I think.
[Reply]
prhom 06:22 AM 09-15-2021
A people have pointed out, his stats are not bottom barrel, they are just middling. There’s nothing awful about that, but he was drafted high to make teams pay for playing soft against the run. It still seems to me that teams are not at all afraid of the threat of a run. Even a middling RB facing light boxes and defenses scheming to sell out against the pass should probably have better results than we are seeing from CEH.

I still hope he figures it out with the new line, but he certainly hasn’t been able to be the threat we all thought he’d be.
[Reply]
Page 166 of 295
« First < 66116156162163164165166 167168169170176216266 > Last »
Up