ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 295
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 01:59 PM 09-13-2021
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
CEH averaged over 4 YPC last year behind the 31st run blocking OL.

He was fine to good last year all things considered.

He hasn’t been this year. There’s a clear difference and of course you’re the only idiot that can’t see it.
He wasn't this bad, no. This version of him isn't an NFL caliber player.

But his vision last season wasn't as good as I expected it to be either. The difference is that he still showed some nice vision in space so I thought he might be getting his rhythm to him. He was never as dynamic as he appeared to be in college in picking his way into the second level. The only game where I really saw that was the Texans game.

In the Buffalo game guys were just getting blown off the ball and he wasn't being asked to do much.

I wouldn't be all that concerned where it just a couple of pre-season snaps and a single game against a stiff front. But that's not really the case - he was showing some of this last year as well. It's just gotten quite a bit worse.
[Reply]
-King- 02:03 PM 09-13-2021
CEH averaged over 4 YPC last year behind the 31st run blocking OL.

He was fine to good last year all things considered, and he really started to hit his stride towards the end, because like I said, 2 of his best games were against the Saints and the SB (his last 2).

He hasn’t been the same this year. There’s a clear difference and of course you’re the only idiot that can’t see it.
Agree it looks like he's slower and even more hesitant right now. But yeah I noticed him missing what looked like obvious holes even last year. Guess I was just looking into the future.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:04 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He wasn't this bad, no. This version of him isn't an NFL caliber player.

But his vision last season wasn't as good as I expected it to be either. The difference is that he still showed some nice vision in space so I thought he might be getting his rhythm to him. He was never as dynamic as he appeared to be in college in picking his way into the second level. The only game where I really saw that was the Texans game.

In the Buffalo game guys were just getting blown off the ball and he wasn't being asked to do much.

I wouldn't be all that concerned where it just a couple of pre-season snaps and a single game against a stiff front. But that's not really the case - he was showing some of this last year as well. It's just gotten quite a bit worse.
I keep going back to the fact that he really started to hit his stride at the end of last year, so that’s the guy I’m talking about in regards to last year.

He was averaging over 5 YPC against the Saints before the injury and the Bucs in the SB. That just doesn’t happen against those 2 teams with a bottom 3 run blocking OL. He looked like the guy I thought we were getting minus the receiving.

Something happened.
[Reply]
O.city 02:07 PM 09-13-2021
I keep going back to the fact that he really started to hit his stride at the end of last year, so that’s the guy I’m talking about in regards to last year.

He was averaging over 5 YPC against the Saints before the injury and the Bucs in the SB. That just doesn’t happen against those 2 teams with a bottom 3 run blocking OL. He looked like the guy I thought we were getting minus the receiving.

Something happened.
Those games were the outlier and small sample size?
[Reply]
jettio 02:07 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Looks like an RPO based on the WR route.

Does Matt Verderame know what the RB is taught to do on that RPO play if given the ball?

Maybe CEH did not run it right, but it is not fair to take a still photo and throw stones if you do not know the play design.

Seems like an RPO requires the RB to commit to a route while the QB reads the LB.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:08 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Those games were the outlier and small sample size?
No, he looked really fucking good against good run defenses behind a shit OL. He was playing his best football down the stretch like you’d expect given the circumstances last year.

I know what I saw.
[Reply]
O.city 02:09 PM 09-13-2021
Yeah, the still shot isn't really telling us much. I'm not sure where or what the intent is from a running back perspective.
[Reply]
O.city 02:11 PM 09-13-2021
No, he looked really ****ing good against good run defenses behind a shit OL. He was playing his best football down the stretch like you’d expect given the circumstances last year.

I know what I saw.
I remember having a solid game against the Saints. Other than that I don't really remember much late.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 09-13-2021

Something happened.
Right now he looks tentative so you maybe try to find a physical issue. It's hard to really know for sure because he can't seem to get into space to demonstrate it, but I think he might just be slow.

If he's not in shape for some reason (off-season surgery and the ankle could have been part of it), it could keep him from being able knife into those openings so he's got a mental block that's preventing him from even trying.

So he's doing some frustrated running where he's giving up on the run early. Or he's 'cheating' by trying to guess where the hole will open before it does to try to get into the hole sooner and it's backfiring.

I don't really know. I'll say that I never saw a guy I thought looked great last season. At his best he was above average for the most part (I'll make an exception for the Texans game - he looked pretty incredible in that one). And right now he's not anything close to his best.

The Chiefs need to hope he figures it out because if you're using a 1st rounder on a 'safe' pick with low positional value and said player busts on you, that's gonna sting for a bit. Especially as they get deeper into their stars/scrubs model going forward.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:13 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I remember having a solid game against the Saints. Other than that I don't really remember much late.
Again, he averaged over 5 YPC in his last 2 games against arguably the best 2 run defenses in the league.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:16 PM 09-13-2021
CEH's best play yesterday was that swing pass. We need more of that for him and maybe that will build up some confidence.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
CEH's best play yesterday was that swing pass. We need more of that for him and maybe that will build up some confidence.
Did he do anything there that McKinnon couldn't, though?

He just leaked out, caught a simple swing pass and ran to the boundary. It was easy money.

Yes, it's how I'd like to see him utilized more, but it's also nothing that can establish him as a genuine asset any more than some street FA backup RB like McKinnon could be. And they still don't seem to trust him much in pass pro so he's coming out on some of the 3rd down plays where that kind of skill can be used more frequently.
[Reply]
O.city 02:20 PM 09-13-2021
Again, he averaged over 5 YPC in his last 2 games against arguably the best 2 run defenses in the league.
Ok, but you do realize that could very well be just outliers?
[Reply]
O.city 02:21 PM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Right now he looks tentative so you maybe try to find a physical issue. It's hard to really know for sure because he can't seem to get into space to demonstrate it, but I think he might just be slow.

If he's not in shape for some reason (off-season surgery and the ankle could have been part of it), it could keep him from being able knife into those openings so he's got a mental block that's preventing him from even trying.

So he's doing some frustrated running where he's giving up on the run early. Or he's 'cheating' by trying to guess where the hole will open before it does to try to get into the hole sooner and it's backfiring.

I don't really know. I'll say that I never saw a guy I thought looked great last season. At his best he was above average for the most part (I'll make an exception for the Texans game - he looked pretty incredible in that one). And right now he's not anything close to his best.

The Chiefs need to hope he figures it out because if you're using a 1st rounder on a 'safe' pick with low positional value and said player busts on you, that's gonna sting for a bit. Especially as they get deeper into their stars/scrubs model going forward.
Or you know, why you don't draft running backs in the first god damn round.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 295
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Up