ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 163
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
BWillie 12:06 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Match against Iran is gonna be spicy.
0-0 tie it will be
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
0-0 tie it will be
2-1
[Reply]
BWillie 12:29 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
2-1
Who on the USA will score?
[Reply]
Womble 02:11 PM 11-28-2022
Looks like one of your USMNT players has run onto the pitch just now.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 02:44 PM 11-28-2022
Who on the USA will score?
Pulisic & Aaronson would be safe choices.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:12 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Pulisic & Aaronson would be safe choices.
Do we think Pulisic could run the 40-yard dash in under 4.8? I myself am very impressed by Ronaldo's 30 inch max vert. Perhaps Pulisic is very similar. I've read Pulisic is a great athlete! If only we could get these guys to play defensive back for the Chiefs! Think how good they would be with their amazing athletic ability
[Reply]
|Zach| 07:44 PM 11-28-2022
Portugal have had a stronger showing than I would have expected. Looking really good through 2 games.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 07:53 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Portugal have had a stronger showing than I would have expected. Looking really good through 2 games.
They finally have good players in the attacking midfield. Fernandes and Silva are much better than what they've had before.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 08:09 PM 11-28-2022
Do we think Pulisic could run the 40-yard dash in under 4.8? I myself am very impressed by Ronaldo's 30 inch max vert. Perhaps Pulisic is very similar. I've read Pulisic is a great athlete! If only we could get these guys to play defensive back for the Chiefs! Think how good they would be with their amazing athletic ability
It looks like he's running in mud to me.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:10 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
It looks like he's running in mud to me.
How would he become one of the worlds better players if hes 5'10", 150 lbs and not athletic. Nonsense!
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:13 PM 11-28-2022
How would he become one of the worlds better players if hes 5'10", 150 lbs and not athletic. Nonsense!
He is nowhere close to one of the world’s better players.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:59 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
He is nowhere close to one of the world’s better players.
I wouldn’t be that dramatic about it. If he’s not close to the better players around the world then who is?

He’s not in the mbappe, Suarez, lewandowski, Ronaldo category, but he is fighting to earn a spot right below that bracket. He’s on that cusp, so I think you could make an argument either way, and me being biased wouldn’t be a fair assessment.
[Reply]
Womble 05:39 AM 11-29-2022
There's a reason why Pulisic has been mostly a bench player for both Chelsea and Dortmund. He will have 2 or 3 absolutely incredible games a season and in the other 20+ games he plays he will be anonymous and stink up the place. He has the talent to be a great player but he always follows a great performance up with 3 bad ones. I'm now past getting excited when he does show up and I no longer think "this could be his moment to kick on" because he never does. Hopefully he plays well enough in this World Cup so we can get more money from his sale.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 05:52 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Womble:
There's a reason why Pulisic has been mostly a bench player for both Chelsea and Dortmund. He will have 2 or 3 absolutely incredible games a season and in the other 20+ games he plays he will be anonymous and stink up the place. He has the talent to be a great player but he always follows a great performance up with 3 bad ones. I'm now past getting excited when he does show up and I no longer think "this could be his moment to kick on" because he never does. Hopefully he plays well enough in this World Cup so we can get more money from his sale.
To be fair, though, Chelsea have had no leadership at all this season. Tuchel made all those big moves and the team regressed back to their natural position at the middle of the table. Sterling is about the same player as Pulisic at this point in their careers so that move was just stupid to spend that much on a like for like replacement essentially. I don’t think anyone will be upset when Pulisic is free from that nightmare. That ship has been sinking for awhile and Pulisic has wanted off. It’s sad they couldn’t free him during the last transfer window
[Reply]
Dull Tools 06:40 AM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
I wouldn’t be that dramatic about it. If he’s not close to the better players around the world then who is?

He’s not in the mbappe, Suarez, lewandowski, Ronaldo category, but he is fighting to earn a spot right below that bracket. He’s on that cusp, so I think you could make an argument either way, and me being biased wouldn’t be a fair assessment.
He is nowhere near that good. He isn't in the top 20 players in the Premier League. He doesn't get into Chelsea's first team.

He has good potential but hasn't tranlsated to consistent form at the moment. Hopefully he manages to at some stage.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 163
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154 > Last »
Up