ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Smash Mouth at Sturgis
Deberg_1990 08:30 PM 08-10-2020
::-):

Smash Mouth Concert Packed at Sturgis, Singer Says 'F*** That Covid S**t' https://t.co/uywO6FQaU9

— TMZ (@TMZ) August 10, 2020

DaneMcCloud 06:04 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Fuckin' Radiohead man. The Verve. Stone Roses. Bug is whack (not a bad band name).
I know very few people that have heard this, which is the original version (not the poppy Natalie Imbruglia version) that features Rusty Anderson, who's been Paul McCartney's guitarist for the past 20 years.

This was produced by Dave Jerden, who produced the first two AIC albums and has been one of most in-demand Music Supervisors this century, doing most of the Marvel films.

Bugeater 06:04 PM 08-17-2020
Okay, this was good too. Maybe the 90s aren't as bad as I recall. But Smashmouth is.

Eleazar 06:05 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Okay, this was good too. Maybe the 90s aren't as bad as I recall. But Smashmouth is.

Great tune. I'm an admirer of D Deleo's playing, always seems just right.
eDave 06:09 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I know very few people that have heard this, which is the original version (not the poppy Natalie Imbruglia version) that features Rusty Anderson, who's been Paul McCartney's guitarist for the past 20 years.

This was produced by Dave Jerden, who produced the first two AIC albums and has been one of most in-demand Music Supervisors this century, doing most of the Marvel films.

Dude. That is sick. Thank you for this one.
lewdog 06:10 PM 08-17-2020
Beats the shit out of me, the 90s were so bad I pretty much gave up on music after that.
First wrong take you’ve ever had on this board.

I’m so disappointed. We can out together a playlist for you.

Xoxo
suzzer99 06:17 PM 08-17-2020

Here's a song from that genre that still sounds good imo.
Bearcat 06:18 PM 08-17-2020
Beats the shit out of me, the 90s were so bad I pretty much gave up on music after that.

DaneMcCloud 06:21 PM 08-17-2020
I've heard some of the greatest songs from the 90's, in person, in personal performances in my very own office when I worked in Music Publishing but none greater than the following story.

I knew her a bit from my brief period in the Bay Area but after great success with 4 Non Blondes, Linda Perry fell off the map very quickly. But she was signed to the publishing company I worked for back in the 90's (Not Uni) and came in with a new song to present to the president of our company.

I was invited in to check her out because she remembered me from our brief Berkeley days. She pulled out an acoustic guitar and started strumming when this HUGE voice started singing:

Don't look at me
Everyday is so wonderful
Then suddenly
It's hard to breathe
Now and then I get insecure
From all the pain
I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful
No matter what they say
Words can't bring me down

I am beautiful
In every single way
Yes words can't bring me down
Oh no
So don't you bring me down today

I don't know what it was about that song and her performance but I had tears streaming down my face because it was so magical. I told my then girlfriend (now wife) at the time about it but it was incredibly difficult to describe being in that moment.

Christina is obviously an amazing singer but there was just something about Linda Perry's performance that day that I will never, ever forget.
srvy 06:55 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
LOL

OK, two hits, I stand corrected!

I just looked them up and realized that they had music in Shrek too. They really were all over the place.
That was a hit? I am sure I never heard this band before. When I went to to bike rallies or bars it was all heavy metal as it got later dance music because that gets the girlies going.
Bearcat 06:59 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
That was a hit? I am sure I never heard this band before. When I went to to bike rallies or bars it was all heavy metal as it got later dance music because that gets the girlies going.
Probably the best bets....

Spoiler!

Bugeater 07:02 PM 08-17-2020
And that's when you heard Smashmouth
DaneMcCloud 07:11 PM 08-17-2020
Smashmouth was a band put together by Interscope Records in the 90's to appeal to the college age kids. They were handed a record deal more than 2 years before their album was released.

Their first video featured the (former) wife of the singer from Steel Panther, "Michael Starr". She had literally 24 plastic surgeries and of course, Ralph had a bunch, too, which is how a 60 year old dude doesn't look 60 (unless you're up close).

Yeah, that was a fun day. We were all hanging out when she returned from the shoot. Ralph asked why she came home so late and she responded "Because I was fucking Janie Lane because his dick is so much bigger than yours".

Good times.
srvy 07:22 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Probably the best bets....

Spoiler!
Oh I have heard both those songs. That push scan music.

When your in middle of nowhere late at night and your looking for a station to keep you awake. You lock into a mexican station and your finger instantly hits scan.
DaneMcCloud 07:25 PM 08-17-2020
Oh I have heard both those songs. That push scan music.

When your in middle of nowhere late at night and your looking for a station to keep you awake. You lock into a mexican station and your finger instantly hits scan.
Absolutely no offense intended but I had no idea until just now that people actually listen to the radio in 2020.
lewdog 07:30 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Absolutely no offense intended but I had no idea until just now that people actually listen to the radio in 2020.
They don’t.

Srvy is 70 years old and Edentulous.
Page 21 of 29
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up