ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Hall of Classics>Class Action Suit
Nelson Muntz 02:46 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Right, the NFL could sue. You could, well, watch figure skating. I guess you might have some kind of claim as a third party beneficiary of the contract, but that would be a relatively weak case.
Let me clarify, I don't agree with the lawsuit at all. I think its ridiculous along with millions of other lawsuits filed recently. I was just responding to the numbnutt that thought ESPN could just show something else without repercussions.
[Reply]
Calcountry 11:37 AM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Cochise:
WTF? I dont even know where to begin tearing this apart. First of all, ESPN is under no obligation to provide you with dick. If they wanted to cancel the game telecast and show figure skating or the lumberjack competition they can. They can put anyone on TV they want to.

Second, for you to sue you have to show injury. What has Sterling Sharpe cost you? How have you been injured? Because you endured commentary you didn't necessarily agree with? What kind of dollar amount are you planning on putting on having to listen to someone say something you don't agree with?

Just what we need... the government wasting its time regulating the balance of power between TV football commentators.

This is the worst idea in the history of everything. In fact, this is the sort of frivolous thing that it hacks me off people would crowd the legal system with. There is real, actual work that courts need to do that is important to people's welfare instead of wasting time on this crap
No one forced you to listen to his crap. You could have muted the TV like I did. :-)
[Reply]
Dr. Johnny Fever 12:14 PM 09-19-2005
This is the worst idea in the history of everything.
I'm adding you to my sig with that one...
[Reply]
Buster's Dad 12:45 PM 09-19-2005
Hell, ESPN is still tooting Randy moss's horn today, what highlights I have seen the are all saying, mike ditka included, that the refs robbed moss and the raiders. but nobody is saying anything about Dante's runback called back, and the two holding calls on Black on 1st and goal, that very easly could of been a touchdown, 2 for them and 2 for us forget it and just go ahead and play the game. that something the raiders can't seem to do :-) :-)
[Reply]
Tinlar 04:06 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Buster's Dad:
Hell, ESPN is still tooting Randy moss's horn today, what highlights I have seen the are all saying, mike ditka included, that the refs robbed moss and the raiders. but nobody is saying anything about Dante's runback called back, and the two holding calls on Black on 1st and goal, that very easly could of been a touchdown, 2 for them and 2 for us forget it and just go ahead and play the game. that something the raiders can't seem to do :-) :-)
The reason they are saying Moss got robbed was because he did. His TD catch was clean and that made them settle for 3 instead of 7. We won by more than 4 points so it hardly matters.
[Reply]
Lbedrock1 01:57 PM 09-19-2005
WTF? I dont even know where to begin tearing this apart. First of all, ESPN is under no obligation to provide you with dick. If they wanted to cancel the game telecast and show figure skating or the lumberjack competition they can. They can put anyone on TV they want to.

Second, for you to sue you have to show injury. What has Sterling Sharpe cost you? How have you been injured? Because you endured commentary you didn't necessarily agree with? What kind of dollar amount are you planning on putting on having to listen to someone say something you don't agree with?

Just what we need... the government wasting its time regulating the balance of power between TV football commentators.

This is the worst idea in the history of everything. In fact, this is the sort of frivolous thing that it hacks me off people would crowd the legal system with. There is real, actual work that courts need to do that is important to people's welfare instead of wasting time on this crap
Settle yourself, this is not going anywhere and no one will get sued. There is one thing you are wrong about they can not cancel the game and show figure skating because they signed a contract with the nfl to show the game so they are under obligation to those that pay for cable and satellite and nfl sunday ticket payers to show the game. If they did not show the game and showed figure skating and it is not a blackout they could get sue by the nfl which could get sued by the DTV which could be sued by the nfl sunday ticket holders. Eveyone would be sued all over the U.S. becuase they couldn't see the beloved chiefs.
[Reply]
Amnorix 10:24 AM 09-19-2005
And your damages are what, exactly? How were you harmed by this horrible coverage?
[Reply]
irishjayhawk 10:26 AM 09-19-2005
It's one thing to write them letters and express the...well..hatred of the broadcast...but to propose a class action suit is kinda overboard.
[Reply]
CosmicPal 10:30 AM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by irishjayhawk:
It's one thing to write them letters and express the...well..hatred of the broadcast...but to propose a class action suit is kinda overboard.
I agree- I've already written to ESPN about it. I have no idea what kind of suit, if any, could ever come of this. I just feel like I've been raped by Randy Moss last night...geez- maybe that's a suit right there. :-)
[Reply]
ct 03:37 PM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by CosmicPal:
I agree- I've already written to ESPN about it. I have no idea what kind of suit, if any, could ever come of this. I just feel like I've been raped by Randy Moss last night...geez- maybe that's a suit right there. :-)
Ok, I've read all of 16 posts in this thread, and already I've determined you need to STFD & :-) !!

So the ESPN talking heads aren't giving you the love you need, so they get wind of this stupid tirade, and guess what? The only mention they'll have of the KC Chiefs is your silly ass goin Johnny Cochran!! F-Off you whiny biatch!
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:27 AM 09-19-2005
Did Sterling Sharpes voice give you seizures?
[Reply]
Bootlegged 10:29 AM 09-19-2005
I hope this is teh satire or teh drunk
[Reply]
Simplex3 11:43 AM 09-19-2005
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Did Sterling Sharpes voice give you seizures?
No, but Michael Irvin's does.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 10:28 AM 09-19-2005
FWIW, I would not be opposed to sending a letter to ESPN for the ridiculous coverage. I'm just lazy, so I don't have the initiative to do such a thing.

However, the notion of a lawsuit is just plain retarded.
[Reply]
trndobrd 10:30 AM 09-19-2005
It sounds like an interesting case. Just so you know, your attorney is probably going to want some cash up front rather than a contingency fee.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up