ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 88
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
eDave 04:47 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Maybe he's tired of using drugs to keep playing. He obviously is and the NFL just ignores it as they would with any star QB. If Brady played any other sport he would under heavy scrutiny as a ped user but we are to believe his stupid TB12 method keeps his arm from being weak and his body fresh after getting hit. It's total bullshit. If he played baseball, basketball or fucking soccer would you believe any of that shit? He's been hit more than any QB ever but played longer than any QB ever but he's totally clean? Common sense says no.
Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Maybe his alien overlords recalled him for reassignment to planet Zerghist 9 to be the GOAT at whatever the fuck the play on planet Zerghist 9.

That's probably what's going on here.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:54 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I hope he disappears forever...so many fake wins propped by fake calls. I had documented it...then lost track.

The Steelers TE TD reversal was the epitome of 50% of his legacy.
I couldn't agree more. He propped as the best ever just based on rings. The result doesn't tell the whole story if you look clearly at how things happened. Why isn't Bill Russel the GOAT? He has 11 rings. Why isn't Kareem the GOAT? He has 6. They don't pass the eye test. Brady doesn't pass my eye test compared to guys like Montana and Marino or Elway. Certainly not with Mahomes. I have watched them all play their careers from the start. No chance in hell Brady is the best. Montana's 4 are better than Bradys 7. He played better and did more to win the games. Defense and cheating and refs didn't carry him.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:55 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
Tommy Bitch and his fame mooching dad need to go away.

Checked in with Tom Brady Sr. who tells me, and I quote, "This story Mike is total conjecture. Tommy has not made a final decision one way or the other and anybody else that says that he has is absolutely wrong." #TomBrady #Buccaneers

— Mike Giardi (@MikeGiardi) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
eDave 04:56 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Tommy Bitch and his fame mooching dad need to go away.

First time I've ever heard of the guy.
[Reply]
TimBone 04:58 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Patrick will smash these

I thought the asterisks are supposed to go at the end of questionable awards?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:58 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
First I've ever heard of the guy.
Brady’s dad?

He’s constantly giving quotes/sound bites to pro-Brady media people… usually attacking any perceived criticism of his 44 year old son.
[Reply]
eDave 05:00 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Brady’s dad?

He’s constantly giving quotes/sound bites to pro-Brady media people… usually attacking any perceived criticism of his 44 year old son.
I was reasonably sure he had a dad. As for the rest, first time I've ever seen it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:04 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
True But in 2021 they only got 12

Matt Ryan got 10 roughing the passer calls for 2021, Tom Brady got 1.

2020 Pittsburgh got 19 DPI and Miami also got 19. 1 shy away from the previous “record” of 20 lol….. so nothing crazy about breaking 20 when these two teams damn near did it.

Not to mention you had Brady throwing the ball to gronk, AB, Godwin, and mike evans. If mahomes had that amount of weapons, he’d break that record as well. Defenders would be holding like crazy.

My point is, You’re reaching here.
7 more than the previous record? Almost 50% more. Do you know how many we’ve gotten this season? Chiefs had 5. We had 4 last year when it took 27 to get Brady 11 wins.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:04 PM 01-29-2022
I couldn't agree more. He propped as the best ever just based on rings. The result doesn't tell the whole story if you look clearly at how things happened. Why isn't Bill Russel the GOAT? He has 11 rings. Why isn't Kareem the GOAT? He has 6. They don't pass the eye test. Brady doesn't pass my eye test compared to guys like Montana and Marino or Elway. Certainly not with Mahomes. I have watched them all play their careers from the start. No chance in hell Brady is the best. Montana's 4 are better than Bradys 7. He played better and did more to win the games. Defense and cheating and refs didn't carry him.
Montana had great defenses, both in San Fran and KC. It’s a team game. Mahomes has carried a shaky defense his entire career. That includes multiple high school playoff games where he scored 50+ points and lost. We are seeing with Matt Stafford & Jared Goff how much of a difference it makes to have better teammates & coaches. Team game!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:09 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Or maybe it’s because you’re cherry picking and comparing the 27 holds over 20 games compared to the other teams that only played 16.

In a sense they had 4 more games of penalties than the average team since you’re counting the full 20 games for the “record” rather than viewing it on an even playing field such as “regular season”.

Why did Tampa bay only get 12 this last season? Why did Tom only get 1 roughing the passer call all year but Matt than got 10?

Why did the bucs mount an amazing come back but still lose the game to the Rams? I mean shit, if they win that game your “fixed is in” ass would be on that game like flys on shit.

Think on it black op, if it pushes your narrative, you’re going with it, if it doesn’t, it’s just extra shit that doesn’t matter.
Because the league needs the Rams to be relevant in their brand new stadium. Never realized you were a Brady dick sucker. Guess that’s my bad. And get out of here with that RTP bullshit. Everyone knows not to get close to him or you’ll get a flag.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:09 PM 01-29-2022
Brady was a great QB...but half of his legacy is complete fabricated horseshit.

It was surreal to see him called for a penalty last weekend...I've never seen that before. I've never seen a critical, game-deciding call go against him in a big game...in two decades. I've seen it so many times in his favor...you just came to accept it was going to happen.

Any of the great QBs could have had success like that...if every time they needed a bailout call...it came.
[Reply]
oldman 05:10 PM 01-29-2022
This whole thing reminds me of the ending of Shane with Bucs/Pats fans playing the role of Joey. Ride off into the wilderness, Tommy.
[Reply]
Spott 05:15 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by oldman:
This whole thing reminds me of the ending of Shane with Bucs/Pats fans playing the role of Joey. Ride off into the wilderness, Tommy.
I’d prefer the ending of Old Yeller.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:19 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Brady was a great QB...but half of his legacy is complete fabricated horseshit.

It was surreal to see him called for a penalty last weekend...I've never seen that before. I've never seen a critical, game-deciding call go against him in a big game...in two decades. I've seen it so many times in his favor...you just came to accept it was going to happen.

Any of the great QBs could have had success like that...if every time they needed a bailout call...it came.
All true. The Brady and ref discussion happens for a lot of years late in his career. Players talked about it and media even debated it over and over again. That subject never comes up with any other QB so it's not just bs if over and over again it's brought up. You saw the playoff game against us. You saw the SB. It's not bullshit. His last run in NE 7 tds were taken away from opponents by the refs that season. How many times have you seen Brady struggle or be down at the half then in the 3rd quarter the flags start flying and he comes back? It's over and over again.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 05:26 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
7 more than the previous record? Almost 50% more. Do you know how many we’ve gotten this season? Chiefs had 5. We had 4 last year when it took 27 to get Brady 11 wins.
Miami had 19 in year 2020, in 16 games. Pittsburgh had 19 in 17 games. Tampa bay got 27 in 20 games. You are splitting hairs. Nobody asked to compare what we had/have btw, you're now adding things in that don't matter to the conversation.

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Because the league needs the Rams to be relevant in their brand new stadium. Never realized you were a Brady dick sucker. Guess that’s my bad. And get out of here with that RTP bullshit. Everyone knows not to get close to him or you’ll get a flag.
Lol I love how you disregard how Tampa Bay only got 12 this last season and now point that RTP bullshit because if you get close to him you get a flag.

You are clearly biased since you are now inferring that Defensive players won't get near brady when trying to get a sack because "refs will flag them". You're a moron. Everyone and their mother is trying to sack the GOAT. Be mad at me for calling him the GOAT, better be mad at Mahomes & tyreek too then since they just tweeted hes the goat, along with half the NFL community of personnel that actually matter unlike you and I.

And again, you're just throwing out random shit, with no actual conversation to be had. You're just shit talking and upset because the big bad Brady's buccaneers set the DPI for 2020 and not someone else.

Like I tell all my buddies, success breeds haters, and you're one of them. We will have PLENTY of them near the end of Mahomes' Career.

We are now hosting 4 straight AFC championships (never done before) You don't think people are gonna get sick of seeing us in the big game every year and rooting against us and nit picking every single call and play that goes our way?? You're just salty.

EDIT: Oh yeah makes more sense to have the rams win in their new stadium than to send the GOAT off with his 8th ring into retirement. You're right, the rams stadium is a much better talking point & selling point.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 88
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up