ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 173
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:09 PM 12-23-2013
I've looked at the fuel commander and man it's freaking expensive.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:33 PM 12-23-2013
yep.
Unless you're planning on making multiple adjustments, or getting fuel maps/getting them tweak on a dyno etc the enrichment devices will be perfectly fine.
It just tricks your ECM to think it's running lean, and adds more fuel. it's external to the ECM so nothing is permanently changed to your ECM. You can remove it, start it up and it'll be running just like it was before you installed them.
95% of your ridinging will be in a closed loop mode on your ECM - which is basically lower RPMs and non-wide open throttle positions.

I'm planning on getting iEds for my seventy two once I decide on a damn exhaust system lol.

Remember ( you might already know but I 'list it for others in case they don't); Change EITHER your exhaust OR AC and you don't need to do anything with your air/fuel since you're not changing anything in terms of how much air is being sucked in.
Change both, and you need to adjust the fuel or your scoot will run lean and hot. No beuno.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:34 PM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by Dayze:
yep.
Unless you're planning on making multiple adjustments, or getting fuel maps/getting them tweak on a dyno etc the enrichment devices will be perfectly fine.
It just tricks your ECM to think it's running lean, and adds more fuel. it's external to the ECM so nothing is permanently changed to your ECM. You can remove it, start it up and it'll be running just like it was before you installed them.
95% of your ridinging will be in a closed loop mode on your ECM - which is basically lower RPMs and non-wide open throttle positions.

I'm planning on getting iEds for my seventy two once I decide on a damn exhaust system lol.

Remember ( you might already know but I 'list it for others in case they don't); Change EITHER your exhaust OR AC and you don't need to do anything with your air/fuel since you're not changing anything in terms of how much air is being sucked in.
Change both, and you need to adjust the fuel or your scoot will run lean and hot. No beuno.
Roger that, i had planned on taking it in to have the stock re-calibrated once they were installed
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:35 PM 12-23-2013
At some point this spring\summer... we need to get a CP ride put together... maybe down to one of the Cassoday runs.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:54 PM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by Zeke:
At some point this spring\summer... we need to get a CP ride put together... maybe down to one of the Cassoday runs.
I'm down with a CP ride.
[Reply]
Dayze 04:01 PM 12-23-2013
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'm down with a CP ride.
hell yeah.I'm down to ride whenever. ....as long as it's not more than either 60-70 miles round trip; or 60-70 per leg. .....being I have a 2gal tank. :-)

Zeke - what is HD charging you for the ECM flash? I think they refer to it as SERT?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:32 AM 12-24-2013
hell yeah.I'm down to ride whenever. ....as long as it's not more than either 60-70 miles round trip; or 60-70 per leg. .....being I have a 2gal tank. :-)

Zeke - what is HD charging you for the ECM flash? I think they refer to it as SERT?
aw hell, dayze. if we run to cassody it's down about half-way between wichita and Emporia... so it's a bit 'o a ride. There are gas stations along the way, though. :-)

I think the Dyno-tune the harley dealership runs is around $400.

But after putting on all the different parts, it'd be well worth it.
[Reply]
Dayze 01:06 PM 01-07-2014
Have a bid on this for $35. auction ends in a few hours. seems like a good deal to me?

[Reply]
Dayze 01:10 PM 01-07-2014
and found this at Rawhide for $195. Normally $235 for 2X fatty online.
Cute sales girl said "oh well...looks like it's $195". And Dayze has $175 in HD gift cards from Christmas.....#winning.

[Reply]
Dayze 04:00 PM 01-07-2014
BOOM.

bid on the vest was won; $38 with free shipping.

#ballin
[Reply]
Lzen 04:28 PM 01-07-2014

Ha ha ha ha. I can go about 4 times that distance. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 04:40 PM 01-07-2014
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Ha ha ha ha. I can go about 4 times that distance. :-)
yeah, I pretty much live at gas stations. lol

oh well. sometimes you pay a price for being cool. :-)

what kind of scoot do you have? (might have already been in here, but I'm too lazy)
[Reply]
Dayze 05:05 PM 01-08-2014
Jacket secured. Although it sorta sucked that one of my gift cards for $100 was for Worth, and not just a general HD gift card. so, I had to pony up $100. Still a hell of a good way to get a jacket.

....so now I just need to ride up to Worth and spend the $100 gift card. :-)
[Reply]
Dayze 11:46 AM 01-17-2014
Hyabusa my brother's company just put on a Pro Charger. I think this was dyno'd on a car dyno, and it's since been dyno'd on a motorcycle one and is now making 555HP.

JFC

[Reply]
Dayze 11:50 AM 01-17-2014
For the speed crazies.

[Reply]
Page 42 of 173
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up