ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Jarran Reed
Sassy Squatch 06:10 PM 03-28-2021

Source: #Seahawks DL Jarran Reed is headed to the #Chiefs on a 1-year deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 29, 2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:34 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This is the most underrated move of the entire offseason, not just for the Chiefs either, but the entire NFL.

Just wait...
I kind of agree.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:47 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not a big fan tbh. Any competent QB could just audible to a pass if Jones is at DE.

I like Chris but he isn’t doing anything exceptional as a pass rushing DE except pushing tackles into the QB’s lap
Did you not see him kick ass as a 3-4 DE his first three years in the league? I know he wasn't taking on the other team's tackles directly, but there's no rule that says he has to just bull rush straight at the tackle every passing down.

If teams switch to pass, we'll be fine. Spags has enough tricks and creative blitzes up his sleeve.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:11 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not a big fan tbh. Any competent QB could just audible to a pass if Jones is at DE.

I like Chris but he isn’t doing anything exceptional as a pass rushing DE except pushing tackles into the QB’s lap
Oh, ok. There's no value I guess in collapsing the pocket by pushing tackles into the QB's lap. Jones only has value if he's pushing a guard back or blowing past him or knocking down a pass. I'm sure the Chiefs could never adjust if they saw a QB audibling every single time Jones was lined up at DE.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:15 PM 06-04-2021
This is the most underrated move of the entire offseason, not just for the Chiefs either, but the entire NFL.

Just wait...
I kinda feel like this is a homer exaggeration. But I also kinda feel like people have no idea what a perfect pairing this is for both sides.

This is Veach going a little bit off-script in finding someone to help the pass rush. It makes so, so much sense for this team.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:38 PM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I kinda feel like this is a homer exaggeration. But I also kinda feel like people have no idea what a perfect pairing this is for both sides.

This is Veach going a little bit off-script in finding someone to help the pass rush. It makes so, so much sense for this team.
Dude, it’s not a ”homer exaggeration” because literally nobody is talking about it. It’s not even mentioned by people in the media when they talk about our offseason.

We’re talking about a guy capable of double digit sacks playing next to Chris Jones, and it just gets glossed over like he’s JAG.

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say it’s the most underrated move of the offseason. If so, name a more underrated one.
[Reply]
kccrow 01:42 AM 06-05-2021
Dude, it’s not a ”homer exaggeration” because literally nobody is talking about it. It’s not even mentioned by people in the media when they talk about our offseason.

We’re talking about a guy capable of double digit sacks playing next to Chris Jones, and it just gets glossed over like he’s JAG.

I don’t think it’s a stretch at all to say it’s the most underrated move of the offseason. If so, name a more underrated one.

[Reply]
Halfcan 10:56 AM 06-05-2021

The media keeps saying that the Chiefs did Nothing to improve the defense...so I guess Reed does not count to them. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:01 AM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Oh, ok. There's no value I guess in collapsing the pocket by pushing tackles into the QB's lap. Jones only has value if he's pushing a guard back or blowing past him or knocking down a pass. I'm sure the Chiefs could never adjust if they saw a QB audibling every single time Jones was lined up at DE.
There’s value in collapsing the pocket and stopping the run but be honest: we need help at DE.

It was a problem last season. There were games where we couldn’t get pressure. It wasn’t just a sometimes thing. It was a trend.

This season I would really like to see us get Melvin Ingram if we can. Next Spring I think Veach’s focus is going to be on the pass rush.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:36 AM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The media keeps saying that the Chiefs did Nothing to improve the defense...so I guess Reed does not count to them. :-)
They added Reed and Kaindoh (top flight measurables).

Wharton and Danna get their first real off-season

They did just fine given the extreme needs at OL.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:53 AM 06-05-2021
I don't think we should be discounting Tim Ward in all of this either. He had 5 tackles, 2 QB hits, and 1 sack in that Week 17 game against the Chargers. They waited on him to heal his rookie year and Veach was excited about him then, much like Herring this year.

I think he has a solid shot of making the team and being a contributor.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:47 PM 08-22-2021

The addition of Reed to this DL is helping everyone and it's really not being talked about enough. He shifts into the B gap before the snap, but the C is still thinking about helping the G. That allows Wharton to set up his G with a hesitation to the widened A gap. He's so quick pic.twitter.com/3mUOv1yBUL

— Daniel Harms (@InHarmsWay19) August 22, 2021

[Reply]
JakeF 08:29 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I don't think we should be discounting Tim Ward in all of this either. He had 5 tackles, 2 QB hits, and 1 sack in that Week 17 game against the Chargers. They waited on him to heal his rookie year and Veach was excited about him then, much like Herring this year.

I think he has a solid shot of making the team and being a contributor.
Agreed. I thought he had 2 sacks.

I really hope Ward continues to show and stick in the rotation. Rest will help the other guys.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:21 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Agreed. I thought he had 2 sacks.

I really hope Ward continues to show and stick in the rotation. Rest will help the other guys.
I certainly would have thought taco was on the team, so that clears one spot.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:02 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
That step by Wharton is downright unfair.

Hell of a diamond in the rough by Veach. Wharton is going to be a contributor on this team for years.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:35 AM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
That step by Wharton is downright unfair.

Hell of a diamond in the rough by Veach. Wharton is going to be a contributor on this team for years.
He didn't get the sack on that play, but the entire breakdown was due to him. Off the ball decent burst, but that stutter, crossover, and dip was just nasty.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Up