ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 104 of 383
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official Chiefs VS Patriots AFC Championship Game Thread ****
007 09:17 PM 01-12-2019
To hell with all the superstitions. Go get that Lamar Hunt trophy. The time is now.

Bring it home Chiefs!!!

January 20, 2019
5:40pm CST kickoff
Arrowhead Stadium
Kansas City, MO

[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 03:11 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
This is a very complicated AFC Championship game, RollChiefsRoll. You know, a lotta ins, a lotta outs, a lotta what-have-yous.
And a lotta strands to keep in Reid's head, man. Lotta strands in ol' Andy's head.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 03:12 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Jesus H. Christ

Many people are going to pay $29.99 plus tax and shipping for that dumb ass shirt.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 03:13 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Many people are going to pay $29.99 plus tax and shipping for that dumb ass shirt.
No way in hell I'd wear that.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 03:15 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
One thing I have noticed is that throughout this season especially Tyreek Hill hardly gets hit hard. If he is near the sideline he will go out of bounds. If there is no where to go he will lay down and not go for the extra yard or so unless he has to. Hill will last a long time in the league if he keeps this up
Nothing wrong with that either. There is a time to run OOB and a time to fight for the additional inch.

The great players know those moments.
[Reply]
Angry fan 03:17 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Ask the Colts how those 1-0 shirts worked out for them.
Yeah but the Colts are an embarrassment of a franchise with a crackhead doped up owner. You knew that was coming, I mean just look at all the banners they have at their stadium, wild card participant game...:-)

God, how did the chiefs ever let them get back into that game!:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:17 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Playing man against the Chiefs is completely different than playing man against any other team.
I'll say it again.

Chris Harris. Fitbit.

You know what I'm talking about. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:17 PM 01-16-2019
I'm not sure of your point.

Of course every team has its own uniqueness in of itself.
Pretty simple, nobody presents mismatches like Kelce/Hill/Watkins.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:18 PM 01-16-2019
Playing man against the Chiefs is completely different than playing man against any other team.
Teams don't play man defense against us.

They play woman defense against us.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:20 PM 01-16-2019
shots fired :-)

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 01-16-2019
I'm not sure of your point.

Of course every team has its own uniqueness in of itself.
I brought it up earlier and nobody commented.

The argument has been made that all the Patriots have to do is stay in man and not play zone in the 2nd half, like they did in October.

If that solution is THAT simple, and Bill Belichick is the smartest defensive coach ever (not hyperbole, he is truly great), then why didn't he do it?

I think I may have an answer...

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticNFL/s...72092609765376
[Reply]
petegz28 03:20 PM 01-16-2019
High on Sunday is up to 24 degrees now with a low of 18. I've seen it go from 19 to 1 to 8 to now 24.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:20 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I re-watched the second half of the Colts game. Although the offense stalled on some key 3rd downs, what I liked was that they ate up tons of time before having to punt and they were able to establish a punishing run game that eventually broke the Colts spirit. Cam and Wylie might not be the best guards in the game and occasionally false start, but they have a nasty streak in them and they always hustle. With the brutal cold this week, having a punishing ground game will be important. Don't be surprised if Sherman gets some carries. DB's hate tackling big guys in sub freezing temps.
Yeah this - I think they only went 3 and out once(?) or none. Unlike the Chargers game where the offense went 3 and out 4 times, which just killed the defense by the end of the game.

I like what Reid did in the Colts game with resting Ford/Houston for a series or two. Gotta have those guys not gassed in the 4th Q.

Also for all the handwringing around here - seems like he's played the Watkins situation perfectly and almost everyone else is healthy too. Pretty sure there have been multiple major injuries before or during every playoff run in Reid's tenure here.

It's like the stars are just aligned for us this year.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 03:21 PM 01-16-2019
Pretty simple, nobody presents mismatches like Kelce/Hill/Watkins.
TBH, Watkins does nothing for me. Not concerned in the least. Single coverage all day.

Hill and Kelce- Different set of problems.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 01-16-2019
look at andy reid oozing confidence

he knows

the Chiefs respond to the proven fact that the Patriots now suck as they prepare for their eighth straight AFC championship game built on a track record absolutely sucking pic.twitter.com/fTRzidn4iE

— Tom Martin (@TomKCTV5) January 16, 2019

[Reply]
suzzer99 03:23 PM 01-16-2019
Originally Posted by PatsFannNH:
Pats fan here. First of all I want to congratulate you all on a great season. It will be a great game on Sunday. What the Pats try to do (usually successfully) is to take away the opponents biggest weapon(s). I expect that will mean double coverage at times on Hill and an emphasis on keeping Mahomes in the pocket. Patrick Chung will be left to cover Kelcie pretty much one on one.
I think Hoodie is going to cover Kelce and Hill in the intermediate routes and dare the Chiefs to run it, or throw deep.

That's what I'd do. Mahomes deep ball hasn't been super accurate, and the cold can't help with catching deep balls.

However if that happens I expect Reid to run it all day and Mahomie to still connect on a couple bombs. I'd love to see Watkins just ball out for 200+ like he did against the Chiefs a few years ago.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 383
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108114154204 > Last »
Up