ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Upset Friend by Texting while Drunk
crayzkirk 05:42 PM 11-29-2022
About a month ago, I was into the Whiskey and looking for reasons (excuses) to dive deeper into the abyss. I texted a friend while drunk and asked him why he had put me down in front of some people we were golfing with. He's super competitive and does this to mess with me because he knows I don't like it. It didn't really set well with me however I didn't say anything at the time. Mistake one. Mistake two was texting while drunk asking him why he felt it was necessary to put me down in front of a group of strangers. He asked if I was drinking Whiskey and I said yes. He basically texted back the he was sorry I feel bad. I sent him a text the next day saying that I was sorry for acting like a victim and was embarrassed by the whole thing. The last response I got was "I'm done with this conversation.".

This is someone that I've known for 40 years and helped me after my father died. We've been through a lot and I haven't heard anything from him. I'm to the point where I feel like dropping by his house to make sure he's okay. I haven't gotten any responses to texts about anything; wishing him a happy Thanksgiving, etc.

WTF am I supposed to do?

CrayzKirk
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:44 PM 11-29-2022
Well, you've already handled it like a chick, so stopping by his house would be doubling down on acting like a chick.

DON'T GO TO HIS FUCKING HOUSE. Holy shit dude.

I don't know ya'll's dynamic, but if you were MY friend, you already made it weird.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:47 PM 11-29-2022
Watch your cornhole bud
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:49 PM 11-29-2022
Sometimes it's good to just cool off for a while. He got the message that you don't like him giving you shit while golfing, as clumsily as it was communicated.

The ball is in his court now as to whether or not he still cares about your friendship. If he doesn't, you should probably just live with that.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:50 PM 11-29-2022
Way to go Fonz
[Reply]
penguinz 05:51 PM 11-29-2022
Him saying "I'm done with this conversation" is him trying to save you from being more ignorant about the situation.

It just means he knows you were drunk and there is nothing more to discuss.

If you keep pestering him about it then it may/will actually turn into a problem.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:51 PM 11-29-2022
Send him a throbbing dick pic if you really want to salvage the friendship
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:53 PM 11-29-2022
You probably weirded him out by texting him your feelings while drunk. So lets just get that out of the way.

If a friend of mine texted me in the middle of the night saying some shit like, "Hey man, remember when we were smoking bud and you cracked a joke? Well that really hurt my feelings man...", i'd probably apologize and wanna drop the convo too. Because in the back of my mind i'd be going, "Gaaaaaaaay!"'

And then i'd probably never be able to kick it with you the same again because i know you can't handle some friendly shit talk.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:53 PM 11-29-2022
A rub and tug seems the only solution!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:54 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
What makes you think that wasn’t included with the original message??
[Reply]
Mecca 05:54 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, you've already handled it like a chick, so stopping by his house would be doubling down on acting like a chick.

DON'T GO TO HIS FUCKING HOUSE. Holy shit dude.

I don't know ya'll's dynamic, but if you were MY friend, you already made it weird.
So he needs to show up in lingerie and ask his friend to fuck him?
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:54 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I always like to follow it up with a winking emoji so they’re not really sure if it was a mistake or not.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:56 PM 11-29-2022
When you feel comfortable about it, ask him for a favor.

Something dumb, that friends do for each other, like move some furniture. That's just an example, you don't have to ask him to help you with some manual labor; just something small that friends do for each other occasionally. Something like, "hey, i need some help moving this couch. Can you give me a hand, you asshole? no hurry, just sometime in the next couple weeks or so?" or whatever endearments you normally use.

If the friendship is still intact, he'll do it. If not, then you know it's probably become a bigger issue.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:57 PM 11-29-2022
So, he was (playfully) being kind of a dick.

You took exception to this at some point and called him out on it.

And now you're apologizing to him and he's putting you on the defensive?

...yeah, that's backwards, seems like he should grow up a little.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:57 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So he needs to show up in lingerie and ask his friend to fuck him?
Gaddamn, that's funny. Can we be friends? I need you to show up at my house in your best lingerie.:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up