ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 94
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:30 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
We're supposed to celebrate him making a tackle that caused Russ to concuss himself 10 yards down the field?

What?
Lol, exactly what I'm talking about.

First of all, he landed on top of Russ, but who cares about that part.

f Bolton had done it, it'd be cheering and high fives all around. But it was Frank, so nothing. Thanks for proving my point though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:31 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
He’s on pace for 6 sacks. Would’ve been 7 but for the games he missed due to suspension.

Perfectly adequate, not-fucking-suck performance.
His sack today was literally because Driskel ran out of bounds like an idiot.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:33 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

f Bolton had done it, it'd be cheering and high fives all around. But it was Frank, so nothing. Thanks for proving my point though.
Is Bolton making what Clark makes? We should not be having issues with our pass rush based off what he makes. Sure he makes plays here and there and should be celebrated, but to think he’s not living up to his contract isn’t anti-Frank.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:35 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Hrmmm I dunno, will you be sad to see him go?
Not remotely from a performance perspective. At no time did I ever think Frank Clark was a world beater. This thread was started to be positive about a player and give credit to a guy who realized his shortcomings and made life changes.

I enjoy the individual and his personality. And I’m genuinely pulling for him and enjoy it when he makes a splash play.

Do I think he’s great? No. Do I think he lived up to his initial contract? Fuck fuck fuck no.

But he’s playing adequate-at-worst football right now and it’s hard for some here to acknowledge that because of prior season grudges.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:39 PM 12-18-2022
This thread was started to be positive about a player and give credit to a guy who realized his shortcomings and made life changes.

I enjoy the individual and his personality. And I’m genuinely pulling for him and enjoy it when he makes a splash play.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
-King- 08:10 PM 12-18-2022

This is one of the weirdest posts I've seen on CP.

Frank Clark is supposed to get credit because he landed on Russell Wilson and caused him to get a concussion?

So he did that on purpose?

And why do you think people would be cheering on Bolton for giving Wilson a concussion by landing on him 10 yards down the field? This is just a weird scenario you've just made up in your head.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:21 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Is Bolton making what Clark makes? We should not be having issues with our pass rush based off what he makes. Sure he makes plays here and there and should be celebrated, but to think he’s not living up to his contract isn’t anti-Frank.
When was I talking about his contract?

i think I've made it pretty clear years ago that I don't care about his contract. Any player's contract, really.

Just over here correcting obviously false claims about a player's performance for the most part, using statsheets.

And having a chuckle at people that so obviously are blinded by their anger/hatred/whatever towards a Chiefs player that they refuse to even acknowledge when he has a solid game, or when he makes a game-changing play. it's pretty funny.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:27 PM 12-18-2022
When was I talking about his contract?

i think I've made it pretty clear years ago that I don't care about his contract. Any player's contract, really.

Just over here correcting obviously false claims about a player's performance for the most part, using statsheets.

And having a chuckle at people that so obviously are blinded by their anger/hatred/whatever towards a Chiefs player that they refuse to even acknowledge when he has a solid game, or when he makes a game-changing play. it's pretty funny.
I get it, but while he makes good plays here and there which should be celebrated, he doesn’t make enough. And his salary has to be included because he’s not making enough great plays based off of it. Outside of the safety on Jimmy G, how many great plays has he made against teams that aren’t drafting top 5? He’s paid to be a difference maker against top teams. Until he does that there won’t be a ton of people showering with praise.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 12-18-2022
Frank Clark is supposed to get credit because he landed on Russell Wilson and caused him to get a concussion?
Yes. His hustle and ability to hit hard made the play.

He ran 25 yards down the field and timed up the hit spectacularly.

[Reply]
Megatron96 08:38 PM 12-18-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I get it, but while he makes good plays here and there which should be celebrated, he doesn’t make enough. And his salary has to be included because he’s not making enough great plays based off of it. Outside of the safety on Jimmy G, how many great plays has he made against teams that aren’t drafting top 5? He’s paid to be a difference maker against top teams. Until he does that there won’t be a ton of people showering with praise.
I didn't 'praise him' either really. i merely posted his statsheet for the day. Then responded to some false claims. Okay, i could've done that without being snarky, but that's no fun, and not in the typical CP style anyway.

And really, who care about the contract at this point? It's done and over with.

And contextually, it was worth it. He helped us win a SB. others can try and parse his contributions however they like, but the fact remains that Frank helped the Chiefs win a SB. Which made the contract worth it to any Chiefs fan that has waited 50 years for that to happen.

Now all I care about is can he help the Chiefs win another one this season? if he can, great, and I'll be sure to give him his credit regardless of what his paycheck was. If he doesn't well, "thanks rank for the Ring, and good luck wherever you end up next."

Getting all pissy about his contract of all things, to the point I can't see the positives when they happen is just dumb, and a waste of my time.

But it's pretty amusing watching others flop around and whine about every little thing Frank does/doesn't do, or the convolutions some have to pretzelize themselves into just to find a way to hate on a Chiefs player. "Coverage sacks," of all things . . . :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 08:48 PM 12-18-2022
I didn't 'praise him' either really. i merely posted his statsheet for the day. Then responded to some false claims. Okay, i could've done that without being snarky, but that's no fun, and not in the typical CP style anyway.

And really, who care about the contract at this point? It's done and over with.

And contextually, it was worth it. He helped us win a SB. others can try and parse his contributions however they like, but the fact remains that Frank helped the Chiefs win a SB. Which made the contract worth it to any Chiefs fan that has waited 50 years for that to happen.

Now all I care about is can he help the Chiefs win another one this season? if he can, great, and I'll be sure to give him his credit regardless of what his paycheck was. If he doesn't well, "thanks rank for the Ring, and good luck wherever you end up next."

Getting all pissy about his contract of all things, to the point I can't see the positives when they happen is just dumb, and a waste of my time.

But it's pretty amusing watching others flop around and whine about every little thing Frank does/doesn't do, or the convolutions some have to pretzelize themselves into just to find a way to hate on a Chiefs player. "Coverage sacks," of all things . . . :-)
I think we are close to agreeing here. He should be celebrated for when he does well and while he was a good reason why we got a ring, he’s been mostly absent since then. I bring up the contract because it’s caused us to keep him longer than we should have. As such the Chiefs couldn’t make a play for someone like Von who would have been an upgrade over him.

I honestly and truthfully hope he makes an impact for the Chiefs in the playoffs. They will need it. He just has to come up against stiffer competition than teams competing for the #1 and #2 (even though Seattle gets it) picks in the draft. KC is going to have a tough time getting past Cincinnati or Buffalo if those two QBs have all day to throw. We need someone besides Jones to do something.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:51 PM 12-18-2022
This is one of the weirdest posts I've seen on CP.

So he did that on purpose?
Weird.

I was thinking this post was one of the weirdest I’ve seen on CP.

Describing that play as landing on Russel Wilson and questioning whether what Clark did was done on purpose is very confusing.

Can you please explain your thought process when a DE chases a QB down and slams his head into the ground just prior to scoring a TD? Was that done by mistake or random happenstance?
[Reply]
-King- 09:14 PM 12-18-2022
Weird.

I was thinking this post was one of the weirdest I’ve seen on CP.

Describing that play as landing on Russel Wilson and questioning whether what Clark did was done on purpose is very confusing.

Can you please explain your thought process when a DE chases a QB down and slams his head into the ground just prior to scoring a TD? Was that done by mistake or random happenstance?
Pretty sure the concussion was random happenstance since Thornhill tackled him and Clark literally just smacked him on the helmet and landed on him.

I guess he does get credit for getting pushed so far out of the play that he could come in behind Wilson and hit him in the head after Thornhill tackled him on a 13 yard gain.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:21 PM 12-25-2022

Frank Clark was unblocked here. The motion man is designed to cause the edge to hold up for just a second but Frank was locked into Walker the entire time. Burst and quickness on full display the launches himself for the big tfl. pic.twitter.com/NiaULLgMiU

— Caleb James (@CJScoobs) December 26, 2022

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:26 PM 12-25-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Lmao, that play was made because the running back bad no where to run because of the interior D destroying the OL and because Frank wasn't blocked. It had nothing to do with "burst".
[Reply]
Page 36 of 94
« First < 263233343536 373839404686 > Last »
Up