ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 96 of 97
« First < 46869293949596 97 >
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
threebag 11:03 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I love JuJu but the smart move is let him walk, get a high comp pick, and replace his production via another FA trying to rehab their market value.
Before or after he takes your girl to Belize?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:07 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He about blew the game with his stupid ass crackback block on a huge 3rd down conversion late in the game
Oof. Yeah, he did do that dumbass shit, didn't he...
[Reply]
-King- 11:24 AM 01-22-2023
When Mahomes goes to the hall of fame under his 2022 MVP accolade, it should list the names of our WRs for the year just so people know how super human he was this year.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 01:02 PM 02-01-2023
Maybe I'm wrong about there not being much of a market out there for JuJu next season. We'll see. His chronic knee issues make me want the Chiefs to pass on him unless there's just no market for him and we can get him on the cheap. I do respect what he brought to us when his knee allowed it.

Top Five Free Agent Landing Spots for JuJu Smith-Schuster
The Chiefs receiver has one more game to play before his contract is up. His fantasy value would be good next year with one of these teams.

MICHAEL FABIANO1 HOUR AGO

Wide receiver has become the dominant position in all of fantasy football, as young players like Justin Jefferson, Ja’Marr Chase and CeeDee Lamb (to name a few) are lighting up the stat sheets. Unfortunately for NFL teams looking to make a major splash at the position, they will find it difficult to accomplish that between now and next season. The free-agent market is a bit weak heading into the 2023 offseason. One of the most attractive options at the position could be JuJu Smith-Schuster, who signed a one-year deal with the Chiefs in 2022.

The veteran is still just 26 years old, and he’s shown the ability to be productive in the past. He didn’t live up to expectations from a fantasy perspective in Kansas City, though. posting a WR27 finish on 78 catches, 933 yards and three touchdowns. Regardless, his age and skill set plus a weak market will make JuJu attractive.

Here are five teams that could have a need at wide receiver and would be interesting spots for Smith-Schuster to land next season. Let’s start off in Dallas.

Dallas Cowboys
The Cowboys traded away Amari Cooper last offseason, hoping Michael Gallup would pan out as a No. 2 wideout. It didn’t happen. If Dallas truly wants to help Dak Prescott and improve its offense in a division that proved to be one of the NFL’s best, grabbing another playmaking receiver to pair with CeeDee Lamb and Gallup is a must. Smith-Schuster would be a nice option for Prescott in what would remain an explosive offensive attack, especially if they lose Dalton Schultz.

New England Patriots
The Patriots could lose Jakobi Meyers and Nelson Agholor as free agents, so they could be looking to free agency for a wideout. Smith-Schuster, who was linked to New England last offseason, could be brought in to be one of the best options in the passing game alongside DeVante Parker and Tyquan Thornton. There are some questions about Mac Jones and the quarterback position, but we’re looking at the teams that could offer Smith-Schuster the most targets. The Patriots fit the bill.

Baltimore Ravens
The Ravens always seem to need a wide receiver, right? And this isn’t the first time Smith-Schuster has been mentioned as a potential option. The jury is still out on Rashod Bateman as a pro, and their top wideout from 2022, Demarcus Robinson, is a free agent. Smith-Schuster knows the AFC North from his time in Pittsburgh, and he’d be one of the top three options in the pass attack for Lamar Jackson.

New York Giants
The last time the Giants added a big-name wide receiver, well, it didn’t work out too well. In fact, saying “Kenny Golladay” in the Big Apple will get you some dirty looks. Regardless, the G-Men have Sterling Shepard, Darius Slayton, Richie James and Marcus Johnson all slated to become free agents. Assuming the team retains both Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley, Smith-Schuster could come in and become their most-targeted receiver. It’s a nice landing spot for his real and fantasy value.

Chicago Bears
Is there any team in the NFL more needy at wide receiver than the Bears? Their “No. 1” wideout, Darnell Mooney, is coming off an ankle injury and really isn’t a true alpha receiver. N’Keal Harry and Byron Pringle are slated to become free agents, leaving the team with Mooney, Chase Claypool and Equanimous St. Brown. If Chicago added Smith-Schuster, it would improve their lagging pass attack and give Justin Fields a much-needed possession-type receiver to target in 2023.

Link
[Reply]
BWillie 01:09 PM 02-01-2023
Any update on his knee?
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:11 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
When Mahomes goes to the hall of fame under his 2022 MVP accolade, it should list the names of our WRs for the year just so people know how super human he was this year.
Mahomes has a 1st ballot HOF tight end, 2 veteran 1,000 yard-ish receivers, Jet, Toney/Hardman, and a sneaky good WR5 in Watson.

Let’s not act like the receiver room is a bunch of bums.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:12 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Any update on his knee?
Still shitty.
[Reply]
TribalElder 01:14 PM 02-01-2023
Any chance some of these guys got pulled early so they would be ok for the Super Bowl

or we trotting out the B squad
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:14 PM 02-01-2023
Hope he can go in the SB.

Probably leaning on not bringing him back in the offseason.

Trust Veach's judgement and the coaching staff's ability to develop Moore.

Bring back Watson for some of those routes, too.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:21 PM 02-01-2023
Mahomes has a 1st ballot HOF tight end, 2 veteran 1,000 yard-ish receivers, Jet, Toney/Hardman, and a sneaky good WR5 in Watson.

It's definitely a bunch of buns outside of Juju, and Juju is very inconsistent as can be seen in his Steeler days. Juju is a fringe #1 WR. MVS is not a true #2 wide receiver.

In fact, I'm not sure if Mahomes has ever had a real #2 wide receiver. Sammy Watkins wasn't even good, we just thought he was because of Mahomes.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:25 PM 02-01-2023

Weird counter point. Doesn't check out.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:27 PM 02-01-2023
We have some solid receivers. I don’t think any of them are “good” however
[Reply]
DRM08 01:29 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's definitely a bunch of buns outside of Juju, and Juju is very inconsistent as can be seen in his Steeler days. Juju is a fringe #1 WR. MVS is not a true #2 wide receiver.

In fact, I'm not sure if Mahomes has ever had a real #2 wide receiver. Sammy Watkins wasn't even good, we just thought he was because of Mahomes.
Sammy was good when healthy, which is only about 50% of the time. At least he was available for the Playoffs. JuJu appears to be a worse version of Sammy. JuJu is injured too much including Playoff games, and not as explosive with the ball as Sammy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 02-01-2023
I honestly don't care what they do with Juju at this point. I was pretty hyped up by mid-season when he was looking good.

Unfortunately for Juju, all he really did was prove that Mahomes can win with just about anybody. Which means if they let him walk, they'll find somebody just as good or better.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:40 PM 02-01-2023
JMO but I can definitely see Veach bringing back Frank at a lower cost and working a fair small extension for him. I can also see Veach signing Brown Jr to an extension as well as bringing back Wylie as either the starting RT (draft another tackle early) but at worst the 6th OL which he’s good at it.

And guys I really think that this Spring will be the time to draft a WR very early. Quite possibly first rd.

MVS has been good. Juju has been solid, but with Travis getting older we really need another WR who can be that guy. A cheap draft pick would sure help
[Reply]
Page 96 of 97
« First < 46869293949596 97 >
Up