ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 88
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:22 PM 01-29-2022

From @NFLNetwork: Tom Brady does intend to retire, per several people close to him. The pushback appears to be based on timing, rather than his eventual decision. pic.twitter.com/GSTqDkKcjF

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:23 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Having respect for any journalist is a fail.
Yup. It's a dirty business.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:26 PM 01-29-2022

Theory that I’m 100% sure is right:

- Tom Brady just exacted revenge on Schefter, JLC, others for Deflategate coverage.

— Tyler Loechner (@LoechnerNFL) January 29, 2022

[Reply]
RealSNR 04:29 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
So pretty much everyone close to Brady says it’s not true or at least haven’t heard anything, and you say “that can’t be possible” “Schefter doesn’t make mistakes like this”

Uhhh, so what you’re saying is one of these people close to brady told Schefter, Schefter reported it, they backtracked on it and now Schefter is just sitting on his hands while everyone looks at him as an idiot for reporting a non true story? Got it, nice to know that’s where your brain has brought you to.
I don't know how it got out, but it did. And it's awfully convenient that it got out when Brady is out of the country and won't be able to officially make his choice and his announcement until he returns during the week of the Super Bowl.

I don't have all this respect for Schefter, but he's not going to shoot his load on something that might not be true. And I have waaaaay more trust in Schefter to report the items when he trusts them than I have trust for Tom Brady to not be a crybaby bitch just because we're about to go a full two weeks talking about a Super Bowl he won't be involved in.
[Reply]
kstater 04:29 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yeah, he's due a roster bonus on February 4th. Conveniently out of the country till after that...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TripleThreat 04:31 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don't know how it got out, but it did. And it's awfully convenient that it got out when Brady is out of the country and won't be able to officially make his choice and his announcement until he returns during the week of the Super Bowl.

I don't have all this respect for Schefter, but he's not going to shoot his load on something that might not be true. And I have waaaaay more trust in Schefter to report the items when he trusts them than I have trust for Tom Brady to not be a crybaby bitch just because we're about to go a full two weeks talking about a Super Bowl he won't be involved in.
You should watch the video above from Ian rappaport. This “announcement” is awful for Brady.

He wants to do it his way, in a way to promote again his brand and name. Having it leak before maybe his final episode, or having it leak before the actual announcement is detrimental and makes it lose its “surprise” and “wow factor”

So again, I think you’re misguided for thinking this leaked from his camp, per his request.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:34 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
True But in 2021 they only got 12

Matt Ryan got 10 roughing the passer calls for 2021, Tom Brady got 1.

2020 Pittsburgh got 19 DPI and Miami also got 19. 1 shy away from the previous “record” of 20 lol….. so nothing crazy about breaking 20 when these two teams damn near did it.

Not to mention you had Brady throwing the ball to gronk, AB, Godwin, and mike evans. If mahomes had that amount of weapons, he’d break that record as well. Defenders would be holding like crazy.

My point is, You’re reaching here.
I'm reaching?..he broke the DPI record by ****ing 7 calls. One DPI can win you a close game...he had 27.

Jesus...you Brady ballwashers know no limits...****ing cult.

Well, there are two other teams that "almost" had 20...so the record isn't a big deal...news flash...they didn't break it because it's an unparalleled threshold...Chiefs had 4. Think on it..
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 04:37 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Something about a cheater potentially retiring? Nobody cares.
You care enough to post
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:37 PM 01-29-2022
I hope he retires during the preseason like Luck, so he can ruin all of the Buccaneers offseason plans.
[Reply]
eDave 04:38 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456:
You care enough to post
Four pages of no one caring.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:43 PM 01-29-2022
Media sources backtracking already.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:45 PM 01-29-2022
Maybe he's tired of using drugs to keep playing. He obviously is and the NFL just ignores it as they would with any star QB. If Brady played any other sport he would under heavy scrutiny as a ped user but we are to believe his stupid TB12 method keeps his arm from being weak and his body fresh after getting hit. It's total bullshit. If he played baseball, basketball or fucking soccer would you believe any of that shit? He's been hit more than any QB ever but played longer than any QB ever but he's totally clean? Common sense says no.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 04:46 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I'm reaching?..he broke the DPI record by ****ing 7 calls. One DPI can win you a close game...he had 27.

Jesus...you Brady ballwashers know no limits...****ing cult.

Well, there are two other teams that "almost" had 20...so the record isn't a big deal...news flash...they didn't break it because it's an unparalleled threshold...Chiefs had 4. Think on it..
Or maybe it’s because you’re cherry picking and comparing the 27 holds over 20 games compared to the other teams that only played 16.

In a sense they had 4 more games of penalties than the average team since you’re counting the full 20 games for the “record” rather than viewing it on an even playing field such as “regular season”.

Why did Tampa bay only get 12 this last season? Why did Tom only get 1 roughing the passer call all year but Matt than got 10?

Why did the bucs mount an amazing come back but still lose the game to the Rams? I mean shit, if they win that game your “fixed is in” ass would be on that game like flys on shit.

Think on it black op, if it pushes your narrative, you’re going with it, if it doesn’t, it’s just extra shit that doesn’t matter.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:46 PM 01-29-2022
The real Brady is the one that Bill didn't want. He was declining. The doper is the one TB got.
[Reply]
BlackOp 04:47 PM 01-29-2022
I hope he disappears forever...so many fake wins propped by fake calls. I had documented it...then lost track.

The Steelers TE TD reversal was the epitome of 50% of his legacy...there will never be another player who the NFL orchestrated a fictitious narrative around. That is how I will remember him...the fake Michael Jordan. The NFL needed a Superstar to grow it's international brand...so they invented one.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 88
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up