ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matt Nagy gave Mahomes the plays Reid planned to go over during his Top 30 visit the
Sassy Squatch 10:19 AM 12-01-2022

They should put Matt Nagy in the Chiefs Ring of Honor for this.

Amazing story from Mahomes. https://t.co/0AoFmWrQUn

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) December 1, 2022

[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:58 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Nagy had no idea how to.design an offense for Fields in Chicago.
He was also hanstrung with Ryan Pace, who was worse than hot garbage as a GM.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:03 AM 12-02-2022
League circles have confirmed that this story is 100% true.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:07 AM 12-02-2022
AFC West wants draft pick compensation. Broncos' go to Seattle
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:58 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Can Reid get in trouble if he admits involvment?
I don't really think it violates any rules to give a guy your plays in advance if you have an officially scheduled pre-draft meeting with them. That's up to the organization I would assume.

I just think Reid didn't want Pat to know he was already madly in love with him. :-)
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:31 AM 12-02-2022
This also reminds me of all the pundits that crapped on the Chiefs for picking Mahomes. Some historically bad hot takes. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:33 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
This also reminds me of all the pundits that crapped on the Chiefs for picking Mahomes. Some historically bad hot takes. :-)
Imagine being Tigeruppercut today....
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:05 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Imagine being Tigeruppercut today....
Look, I already rabblerouser problems, I can't be plumb stupid too.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:13 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
He was also hanstrung with Ryan Pace, who was worse than hot garbage as a GM.
I mean they did have an elite defense. But I will always wonder why Pace thought Mahomes wasn't the right guy.

Patrick said in the Kelce podcast that he "crushed the Bears interview." I have no reason to believe that Mahomes is lying about that. He probably did crush the Bears interview. So why wouldn't Pace draft him? Mahomes clearly showed unbelievable talent on his college film, plus he did a great interview. Seems like a no-brainer.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:17 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I mean they did have an elite defense. But I will always wonder why Pace thought Mahomes wasn't the right guy.

Patrick said in the Kelce podcast that he "crushed the Bears interview." I have no reason to believe that Mahomes is lying about that. He probably did crush the Bears interview. So why wouldn't Pace draft him? Mahomes clearly showed unbelievable talent on his college film, plus he did a great interview. Seems like a no-brainer.
Because Pace is bad at his job*. So bad, in fact, that a former Chief executive now has that job.

*Justin Fields may eventually win Pace back some credibility, but we'll see if that's sustainable.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:27 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Because Pace is bad at his job*. So bad, in fact, that a former Chief executive now has that job.

*Justin Fields may eventually win Pace back some credibility, but we'll see if that's sustainable.
Good at the defensive side of the ball, terrible at the offensive side of the ball. Looks like Pace was a linebacker & defensive end in high school and college. Makes sense that he is better at figuring out the defensive roster.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:39 PM 12-02-2022

Because Ryan Pace is a racist.

It's the only reasonable, logical explanation.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:44 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Because Ryan Pace is a racist.

It's the only reasonable, logical explanation.
:-) :-)

But really it's pretty interesting to see how these things play out. If Mahomes had more conventional footwork & mechanics, some of these teams would have been more willing to take him. If he didn't come from the Air Raid offense right after Jared Goff went #1 overall from the Air Raid and flopped in his rookie year, that would have helped Mahomes as well.

In the case of the Bears, they still had some bad memories with "gunslinger" Jay Cutler, which probably contributed to their conservative approach in staying away from Mahomes. Funny thing is Mahomes was way more experienced playing QB in college than Trubisky, so Mitch was arguably the riskier draft pick from that standpoint.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:39 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
That makes a good bit of sense.

And of course, Pat studied his ASS off and killed it, which might have been what they were after.

You suppose Kyler would have done that? LOL
Only if it was in his contract.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 12-02-2022
The way Nagy answered the question in this video, it definitely seems like he was just following orders from Coach Reid to leak the playbook to Patrick. I bet Kingsbury & the Arizona people wish they did this with Kyler Murray before they drafted him. They would have found out very quickly that Kyler is unwilling to do the homework!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4R9-ca0nc
Two things:

I saw a Sean Payton interview a couple years ago where he said that the Saints did something very similar with their best prospects, to use it as a kind of character test (something beyond just the numbers and the tape).

After watching Andy's presser a few minutes ago, t's obvious that he knew about it the whole time. Probably it was his idea.
[Reply]
xztop123 06:31 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
To me that part is the bigger story. He basically told the Chiefs exactly how high they needed to go to make this happen.
That seems like more tampering than actual stuff that gets teams in trouble. Oh well not complaining
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up