ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Matt Nagy gave Mahomes the plays Reid planned to go over during his Top 30 visit the
Sassy Squatch 10:19 AM 12-01-2022

They should put Matt Nagy in the Chiefs Ring of Honor for this.

Amazing story from Mahomes. https://t.co/0AoFmWrQUn

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) December 1, 2022

[Reply]
digger 11:35 AM 12-01-2022
He got the message to the CHIEFS that they better pick him before 12 or he was gone...!!! He called his own draft...
[Reply]
carcosa 11:49 AM 12-01-2022
This fucking rules lmao
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:52 AM 12-01-2022
"I wanted to be here"

Couldn't love him more if I tried/swoon
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:58 AM 12-01-2022
Still doesn't even seem real tbh. I can't believe we got this dude, I can't believe he wanted to be with us so badly, and I can't believe he turned out to be as good of a dude as he is a football player - and he may be the best football player ever.

We have truly been blessed. In a blink of an eye it will all be over though, so milk every last second of it.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 11:58 AM 12-01-2022
I'm in the middle of the podcast and it's amazing.

Nagy=Legend
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:01 PM 12-01-2022
Wow. That's the most amazing Chiefs story ever. Naggy with the insight and Mahomes helping himself get here is beyond great.

I hate statues of people but I have no issue with Mahomes getting one. Kelce as well.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:01 PM 12-01-2022
It just keeps getting better and better.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Nagy had no idea how to.design an offense for Fields in Chicago.
Few coaches are going to take a guy like Fields and 'play the slice' so to speak.

Especially when it's a young passer you may be able to mold into something more.

I don't fault him for trying to do what he did with Fields. It was a better long-term solution than saying "hey, just go out there and run around a lot..."

In time you may have seen the sort of hybrid player the Eagles are getting out of Hurts. But that wasn't going to be a seamless process.

The real mistake he made (or Pace) was having Andy Dalton and Nick Foles as backups. Granted, those backups went 4-3 to the 2-8 he got from Fields, but if he's going to try to develop Fields in a multi-faceted offense, he needs a veteran passer that can actually run that kind of offense so he can do a full install of it.

The Bears trapped themselves in between. Once they drafted Fields, they needed to get someone like Tyrod Taylor in there behind him who could move the pocket around, make smart underneath throws and use his legs to extend drives.

Dalton is none of those things.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:12 PM 12-01-2022
I'm going to have to call a little BS on this one. No way Nagy went behind Reid's back and did this. My guess is Andy was in on it as well.

I'm sure they were testing Pat to see how badly he wanted to be here, and wanted to check how quickly he could absorb Reid's complicated scheme and if he would put in the effort to do so in such a short period of time.

Either way, just awesome.
[Reply]
Graystoke 12:14 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm going to have to call a little BS on this one. No way Nagy went behind Reid's back and did this. My guess is Andy was in on it as well.

I'm sure they were testing Pat to see how badly he wanted to be here, and wanted to check how quickly he could absorb Reid's complicated scheme and if he would put in the effort to do so in such a short period of time.

Yes, I have to agree. Reid knew.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:47 PM 12-01-2022
What the hell is up with those Pistol Pete 70s basketball short shorts?
[Reply]
threebag 01:11 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Who gives a fuck. Mahomes news isn't relegated to a podcast thread FFS
Don’t twist your lips in your panties
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:11 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:

Agreed, but if they were doing this on the sly who were they hiding it from? Dorsey?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:12 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
What the hell is up with those Pistol Pete 70s basketball short shorts?

Brittney wants more babies.
[Reply]
wazu 01:12 PM 12-01-2022

Matt Nagy being asked if he gave Mahomes Chiefs plays before his visit:

"I mean...maybe a little bit"

Adding⬇️
"I had a little part of that to help out...I just know a lot of people (Reid and Veach) in the building liked Patrick...everybody was all in on him"#ChiefsKingdom

— Hayley Lewis �� (@HayleyLewisKSHB) December 1, 2022

[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up