ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>New Heights: The Kelce Brothers' Podcast
Tribal Warfare 03:42 AM 09-09-2022

[Reply]
DaFace 07:46 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by luv:
I wonder if they'll get any backlash from the comments about white people not being corners. How, if there was a white corner, they'd target them all day long. And calling them a highlighter. Don't get me wrong, I laughed. I could just see those who are easily offended taking issue with it.
Is there a single white corner in the NFL? I'm thinking no, but I could be wrong.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:27 AM 10-13-2022
I wonder if they'll get any backlash from the comments about white people not being corners. How, if there was a white corner, they'd target them all day long. And calling them a highlighter. Don't get me wrong, I laughed. I could just see those who are easily offended taking issue with it.
They're white themselves so I'd hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Is there a single white corner in the NFL? I'm thinking no, but I could be wrong.
I think the bigger issue is them saying playing CB is "something white people can't do". Not that I personally think it's an issue, but I can imagine some crybabies keying on that aspect of the conversation.

"Well, imagine if someone said a black person couldn't do something!"
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:36 AM 10-13-2022
Eh, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It was funny as hell.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:40 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They're white themselves so I'd hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion.

I think the bigger issue is them saying playing CB is "something white people can't do". Not that I personally think it's an issue, but I can imagine some crybabies keying on that aspect of the conversation.

"Well, imagine if someone said a black person couldn't do something!"
Right but if, in a sport with plenty of white guys, not a single team has decided that white guy can play corner, isn't it a reasonable conclusion that white guys aren't capable of playing the position?

This just seems like fishing for something to get angry about.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:48 AM 10-13-2022
I thought Eli Apple was white. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 AM 10-13-2022
Just for fun, I did a little digging. Troy Apke is a white safety who was drafted by the Redskins in 2018. They tried to convert him to CB last year, so technically he became the first white CB in the NFL since 2002. Since then, he's been signed, then released, then signed to the PS, then released. He's currently a FA.

So yeah, we went 19 years without a white corner in the NFL, and the streak was broken by a guy who couldn't make the roster of a bottom 5 team. I think it's safe to say that, even if you don't appreciate that they were just joking around, it's 99% factual that white guys are incapable of being NFL CBs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troy_A...%205%2C%202022.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:51 AM 10-13-2022
Right but if, in a sport with plenty of white guys, not a single team has decided that white guy can play corner, isn't it a reasonable conclusion that white guys aren't capable of playing the position?

I don’t think it is, honestly. I think there’s probably some other factor that plays into the lack of white CBs in the NFL.

Perhaps it’s the bias that white people are not as athletic as black people, sort of similar to the notion that white people are smarter than black people leading to the idea that black people just weren’t smart enough to play QB for decades.

There are tons of fast, athletic white dudes out there playing WR. I’m sure a fair number of them could have been successful CBs in the league.

Hell, Julian Edelman played CB briefly in a pinch and he wasn’t half bad.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 10-13-2022
Criticizing white people does not create backlash. Whites are fair game.
[Reply]
luv 12:06 PM 10-13-2022

There are those that do. I laughed, but, in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, "Man, I hope they don't catch flack for that." I have a feeling the type of people that would be offended aren't the type to watch football, let alone listen to a sports podcast. [Look at me stereotyping.]
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:36 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It was funny as hell.
Man if they catch shit for that take I hope they push back on it.

And you’re right. That was funny as hell. I was losing it in this stupid tractor cab.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:44 PM 10-13-2022
Last night I finally watched one of these podcasts. Great stuff, easy to watch/listen to. Looking forward to the next one.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:48 PM 10-13-2022
The fact that we all know/remember who Jason Sehorn is is significant as well.
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:00 PM 10-13-2022
I agree that CB (other than QB) is the toughest position to play.

You are running backwards and sideways against NFL elite receivers and guessing at which way they are going to go. If you are off by 1 yard, these elite QB's are going to fit it in that window. On top of that, the rules say you must make a 180 degree turn in midair to make a play on the ball without contacting the WR or it's a penalty AND you can't face guard.

This is why I give CB's a free pass for the most part as they are setup to fail.

We have something really special in Sneed.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:47 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

You are running backwards and sideways against NFL elite receivers and guessing at which way they are going to go. If you are off by 1 yard, these elite QB's are going to fit it in that window. On top of that, the rules say you must make a 180 degree turn in midair to make a play on the ball without contacting the WR or it's a penalty AND you can't face guard.

This is why I give CB's a free pass for the most part as they are setup to fail.

On the aggregate, yeah. But there are different assignments that can make it easier. I’ve seen bad QBs seem pretty good until they get in man Coverage and get fucking destroyed by scrubs.

Not every CB is on an island.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:54 PM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

And you can't touch the receiver beyond 5 yards. And the receiver can commit OPI almost at will (as hollins did Monday night vs. Watson i think), but a DB must avoid bodily contact, and turn his head around before the ball arrives, etc. Dbs are handcuffed before the game even starts.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 32
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up