ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 247
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are the Bills overhyped?
RaidersOftheCellar 04:07 PM 09-04-2022
Update: Yes, the Bills were overhyped.

Will the next edition prove to be overhyped too? Stay tuned…
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Well they did play two in a row against teams with losing records in a domed stadium in Detroit. You know, adversity and all.
Don't forget only having a week between Thursday games... they're fucking heros.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:16 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I don't think they are overhyped they are still 1 Chiefs loss away from being in 1st in the AFC and :13 seconds away from winning 3 straight in Arrowhead.

With that being said Miller is a huge loss and the Chiefs defense is much better than a year ago. With Bolton being the best MLB in the league & Clark playing better/Dunlap playing like he is I'd argue the Chiefs have premire play on the end with a healthy Jones being one of the best if not the best interior linemen in the game.

This will come down to where the game is played. I think also the Chiefs offense is better than when we last played Buffalo. The offensive line is now healthier, the chemistry at WR is improved, and Pacheco is an upgrade at RB.
Good observation, but I will also say that the Bills were a slipped Mike Hughes away from making 13 seconds irrelevant. They are a great team that most on here acknowledge as the biggest threat to KC. They just aren’t invincible. For whatever reason I don’t think where the game is played will matter as much as the extra week to rest and prepare.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:18 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Well they did play two in a row against teams with losing records in a domed stadium in Detroit. You know, adversity and all.
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Don't forget only having a week between Thursday games... they're fucking heros.
So brave. An inspiration to us all
[Reply]
tredadda 08:19 AM 12-02-2022
Yup. Thursday games are brutal. And to do the back to back with only a week of rest? That’s barbaric, but thankfully the new preseason SB champs (having beaten the Chargers for that trophy this year) overcame unheard of odds while walking to the stadium uphill both ways.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:37 AM 12-02-2022
I really would have thought Bills fans would feel like they belong now, yet it's "Because Bills" one week and chest pounding over beating bad teams the next week.

I feel like all the crying about adversity is just projecting the pressure Bills fans feel right now, having gotten out from under Brady just to become Mahomes' playoff bitch.. and now being in a fight just to win their division with a 3rd team. After all, the Rams mortgaged their future for a SB victory, so how hard could it be to duplicate?

It's not nearly the pressure a professional football team is feeling, as they're obviously simply doing their job and beating shitty teams.... the butt clenching from the stands is palpable though.

Ya'll may need to invest in some anxiety meds, the real season doesn't even start for another month.

[Reply]
htismaqe 08:39 AM 12-02-2022
the butt clenching from the stands is palpable though.
Protecting themselves from fellow fans' fingers...
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:19 AM 12-02-2022
The New England victory is especially impressive for the Bills considering that just earlier that week, Sean McDermott went to Denny's for dinner and the waiter forgot the side bacon he ordered with his Moons Over My Hammy.

What bravery and resilience that team has shown. Such bad luck and they've overcome all of that to win these games!
[Reply]
TambaBerry 09:27 AM 12-02-2022
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerPod/st...Y-PhIoNww&s=19

Jesus
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:39 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerPod/st...Y-PhIoNww&s=19

Jesus
Heh, I guess this answers the question about being overhyped.

I do like that we went from “the most complete roster in the NFL” to “roster mostly filled with rubbish plus Josh and Stef”.

— RunningMn9 (@RunningMn9) December 1, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 12-02-2022
lmao

mahomes would get 1200 and 10 out of gabe davis
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:44 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lmao

mahomes would get 1200 and 10 out of gabe davis
Davis in particular has been hurt by Allen’s play dipping, IMO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 12-02-2022
allen is the third least pressured QB in football :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:58 AM 12-02-2022
Heh, I guess this answers the question about being overhyped.

:-)

So true.

That's been a common theme as I've perused Bills boards. They all think they have zero weapons after Diggs and a weak OL.

They can't bring themselves to utter a critical word about Allen.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:03 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
allen is the third least pressured QB in football :-)
He's got great weapons and a really good LT. The only issue is Davis's drops. There are few, if any, better supporting casts in the league.

It's not the Allen show. We've seen what that looks like.
[Reply]
JustDíqLix 11:08 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
When Miami beats mediocre teams, it’s meaningless and unimpressive. When the Bills beat mediocre teams, it’s “amazing.” :-) :-)
Context.

Did Miami play those mediocre teams while their team was ravaged with injuries, illness sweeping through the locker room, a QB with a torn UCL, losing a home game due to a natural disaster, and being on the road for 3 straight weeks?
[Reply]
Page 141 of 247
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151191241 > Last »
Up