ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 71
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 Missouri Tigers Men's Basketball***
dlphg9 08:07 PM 03-26-2022
Expecting big things boys!

Missouri got rid of crappy CM and the board went out and got one of the top coaches according to some in Cleveland State's Dennis Gates.

In 2 days he has 2 recruits

Top JUCO player 6' 10" Mohamed Diarra
Transport portal DeAndre Gholston who avg 15 pts at Milwaukee over the past 2 years

Very excited!
[Reply]
kepp 02:57 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Per PowerMizzou:

Mizzou #37 right now in Kenpom

Upcoming games vs:

#3 Tennessee
#4 Kentucky
#12 Alabama
#13 Arkansas
#16 Illinois
#17 kansas
#19 Auburn
#26 Mississippi State
#45 Texas A&M
#48 Iowa State
#51 Ole Miss
#53 LSU
#58 Florida
#72 UCF
#78 Vanderbilt
#106 Georgia
#167 South Carolina
#278 SEMO
That's a tough December
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:01 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by kepp:
That's a tough December
The boys are about to learn a few things 'bout themselves, aren't they?
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:07 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
That was part of it. The other part of it was Lisa calling all the shots on medical decisions and avoiding common medical advice in lieu of YouTube research and advice from her fellow Quiverfull parents in their wacky mega church community.

They weren’t using team resources for any of the surgeries or treatments they were undergoing in college, or during rehab. The team had no clue he had back issues coming in and had no input or knowledge of what was happening even while Michael was part of the team and his dad was a “coach.”

They found out he was going to Dallas to have surgery on Twitter or Instagram. Etc.
It's nuts how many people blamed Mizzou for his back injury. Hell, they thought it was his hip at first because apparently he didn't let them know anything. Thats some of the craziest shit I've ever saw about an athlete.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:28 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd like to see some quality games against them again because the atmospheres were always electric - they were a lot of fun.

But I don't have the level of visceral loathing I once did. Honestly, I kinda really hate Georgia now. Tennessee is another team I really enjoy taking shots at but we need to get our !@#$ in order to keep from getting waxed by them going forward in both sports.
Honestly, I think I've fallen into the manufactured rivalry with Arky. I have family who are fans, so it means a bit more. Outside of them, I don't care a whole lot, including kansas.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:33 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Does anyone even care about the MU KU rivalry anymore?

Feels like the hype level is 0.
I better warn you guys.

KU fans (including myself) were saying the same damn things last year - until about 4 days before the game. The KU freshmen were 8 when MU was in the Big 12. The rivalry is dead, right?

But what we didn’t know is that KU Greek Life FIREBOMBED Lawrence social media with all kinds of MU HATE. Shit you’d think Quantrill was coming with you guys to Lawrence. Even Bill Self was dismissive of this, until the zoomers started camping out a week before the game. The college students in the org I still oversee on KU’s campus said some classes got cancelled on that Friday because no one was showing up.

And then the game was so electric that people said it topped our home matchups with Kentucky. Even Bill Self, who did not hide how much he loathed that our old AD forced this matchup again, admitted how fun it was.

I’m just saying, wait until the game and see how the zoomers on your campus start prepping for this, and if your upstart team gets this one close late in the second half before our newest crop of cheating douchebag players get a weak call in their favor, the feelings will all come back again.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:38 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I gotta tell you, guys.

KU fans (including myself) were saying the same damn things last year - until about 4 days before the game. The KU freshmen were 8 when MU was in the Big 12. The rivalry is dead, right?

But what we didn’t know is that KU Greek Life FIREBOMBED Lawrence social media with all kinds of MU HATE. Shit you’d think Quantrill was coming with you guys to Lawrence. Even Bill Self was dismissive of this, until the zoomers started camping out a week before the game. The college students in the org I still oversee on KU’s campus said some classes got cancelled on that Friday because no one was showing up.

And then the game was so electric that people said it topped our home matchups with Kentucky. Even Bill Self, who did not hide how much he loathed that our old AD forced this matchup again, admitted how fun it was.

I’m just saying, wait until the game and see how the zoomers on your campus start prepping for this, and if your upstart team gets this one close late in the second half before our newest crop of cheating douchebag players get a weak call in their favor, the feelings will all come back again.
I didn't even watch last year, because I had checked out with MU basketball. This year ill be watching and will probably feel that old hatred. At least I hope.
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:50 PM 12-01-2022
I don’t feel the hatred I once did. I sometimes find myself rooting for MU in football (like against UGA) because I hate some of the other SEC teams more. But anytime we play MU, you can bet your ass I’ll be cheering like crazy for KU. It’s definitely not as personal as it once was though.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:52 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I don’t feel the hatred I once did. I sometimes find myself rooting for MU in football (like against UGA) because I hate some of the other SEC teams more. But anytime we play MU, you can bet your ass I’ll be cheering like crazy for KU. It’s definitely not as personal as it once was though.
Yeah, back in the day we'd each be invading the others threads to talk shit. Now we can have respectful conversations lol. Back in the day I would have been in the KU football thread talking so much shit after you all lost.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:17 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Yeah, back in the day we'd each be invading the others threads to talk shit. Now we can have respectful conversations lol. Back in the day I would have been in the KU football thread talking so much shit after you all lost.
That's the main difference. Even venturing into this thread back in the day would result in 3 neg reps, and a DM from a KU fan asking WTF I was doing.

But man... during the game last year. You know that scene in Unforgiven when Clint Eastwood's character throws down liquor for the first time in the movie and then goes full Will Munny and unleashes on that saloon? Yeah. Pretty much when we downed our first three it was like your poor team were the same bastards who sacked Todd Reesing in the endzone and dashed our hopes at being the #1 team in the country. For that glorious 40 minutes it was like the rivalry was back (it helped that AFH was going absolutely apeshit).

I also cheer Mizzou on against other SEC teams, the rivalry is certainly not what it used to be, but at the same time, I doubt any other bowl matchup at 6-6 would get me interested in flying across the country to Memphis to see the game. Hell, even Self is openly campaigning for that matchup right now.
[Reply]
kepp 09:29 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I'm kind of the same way. I actually, Lord help me, thought your FB success at the beginning of the year was kind of cool. Ugh, did I just say that?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:03 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
That's the main difference. Even venturing into this thread back in the day would result in 3 neg reps, and a DM from a KU fan asking WTF I was doing.

But man... during the game last year. You know that scene in Unforgiven when Clint Eastwood's character throws down liquor for the first time in the movie and then goes full Will Munny and unleashes on that saloon? Yeah. Pretty much when we downed our first three it was like your poor team were the same bastards who sacked Todd Reesing in the endzone and dashed our hopes at being the #1 team in the country. For that glorious 40 minutes it was like the rivalry was back (it helped that AFH was going absolutely apeshit).

I also cheer Mizzou on against other SEC teams, the rivalry is certainly not what it used to be, but at the same time, I doubt any other bowl matchup at 6-6 would get me interested in flying across the country to Memphis to see the game. Hell, even Self is openly campaigning for that matchup right now.
Too bad Moo is ducking us on that potential matchup.

Per @Brett_McMurphy, this is why #KUfball won’t be playing Missouri in a bowl game this year. 🤔 pic.twitter.com/RLS2NSallq

— Michael Swain (@MSwain247) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:04 PM 12-02-2022
I'm kind of the same way. I actually, Lord help me, thought your FB success at the beginning of the year was kind of cool. Ugh, did I just say that?
Quoting so it will live on forever...... :-)

Looking forward to the game next week. The old rivalry was so much fun I'm hoping that with time, multiple basketball/football matchups, and KU obviously cheating to win we'll get to see the same level of hate & disgust for the opposing team & fans that we once did.
[Reply]
kepp 02:15 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Quoting so it will live on forever...... :-)

Looking forward to the game next week. The old rivalry was so much fun I'm hoping that with time, multiple basketball/football matchups, and KU obviously cheating to win we'll get to see the same level of hate & disgust for the opposing team & fans that we once did.
Nevermind. I take back everything I said.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:49 PM 12-02-2022
Nevermind. I take back everything I said.
Too late. I read it. You said the KU football success was cool. Welcome to the Jayhawk family!
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:51 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Too bad Moo is ducking us on that potential matchup.

KU fans like you are a reason why I hated KU so much. You guys pulled that shit for a decade in regards to basketball or any other sport. Your football team is finally not absolute dogshit, so you're some big badasses now.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 71
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up