Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:08 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
:-)
As well as the cap hit to go along with that.
Donk show has to pray they land some cheap free agents and hit in later rounds. The move makes the competitive, sure. But how much more is the question?
Wilson's regression last season is worriesome. He has always been a very streaky inconsistent qb. Let's see how this all unfolds.
The cap hits are fucking minimal for a QB.
[Reply]
YayMike 01:09 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow. Shelby Harris was the best player on their team, other than maybe Justin Simmons. I'll be glad to see him gone.
This is a great point. 2 1sts, 2 2nds, Harris and another player? For Wilson... That's a HAUL.

Wilson is a good QB, really good. But...he's declining, he'll be the 3rd best QB in the division. Take away a few pieces on defense from them, and a few picks. Denver might stay the 3rd best team ... wait til we see the rest.
[Reply]
nychief 01:09 PM 03-08-2022
meh.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:10 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
Can some of you reasonable fellows join me in the Raiders chat? They think Wilson now is the Wilson of 5 years ago.
Why would "reasonable fellows" as you put it, want to post in the Raiders chat?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:10 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
English must not be your first language.

You said he "faded down the stretch"

Then I point out the last 2 games he three 7 touchdowns and 1 pick. That's not fading down the stretch. You then try and change the argument saying it doesn't count because those teams aren't good (even though the Cardinals made the playoffs) just come out and already say it dude. Only the Chiefs can make good moves. You even bashed the Chargers when they drafted Herbert

staylor26 doesn’t know shit about football.

He’s a moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:10 PM 03-08-2022
Denver is the second best team in the division with Wilson. At least next season. The Chargers still don't have a defense.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:10 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Correct.

Let's not act like its coincidence that the trigger got pulled here within a half hour of the Rodgers news.

The Broncos made it clear which player they preferred.
So basically what we did when we traded for Orlando Brown because we lost out on signing Trent Williams.

Sometimes the best moves are the moves you don't make . . . . .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:10 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The cap hits are fucking minimal for a QB.
Yeah, the cap hits are dick. That's actually part of the appeal of Wilson.

After the dead money hits the Seattle cap, the cap hits for Denver are $24 and $27 million. If Denver is smart, they'll use that flexibility to build an extension. They didn't give up this kind of capital for 2 years of Russ. You're pot-committed now.

So get him on a new 5 year deal that leverage those low cap hits to get you a nice discount over the length of the deal.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:10 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If I'm the Seahawks I start with Surtain, either Fant or Albert O, the 8 this year, this years 2nd and next years 1st.
We can only hope.

Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Fucking Brady spent 20 years playing the deaf, dumb and blind in his division.
I know, right? Goddamn it. Nothing good comes from the division being awesome. Even when Fuckhead Elway was in he definitely suffered from a strong division.

I mean, there is a real chance he's well on his way to being washed. He's taken a fucking mountain of hits the last few years and damaged his finger. The wheels could very easily come off. And then we can hope Herberts zits get infected and he dies of sepsis or something. I can stand Carr being the biggest competition in the division, but goddamn it....

Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Wilson is several years younger than Rodgers with much less baggage. I'd rather have Rodgers for a season or two but Denver probably thinks Wilson can play into his late 30's.

That said, I wouldn't mortgage my future just to make the playoffs or win the division.
It's pretty well known that he was trying to force his way out last year and quit when he got public pushback. He really hasn't been the same dude since he married that chick.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:11 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Denver is the second best team in the division with Wilson. At least next season. The Chargers still don't have a defense.
Broncos vs. Packers in the Super Bowl next year. Rematch from 1997.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:11 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Wow. Shelby Harris was the best player on their team, other than maybe Justin Simmons. I'll be glad to see him gone.
If true, hate to see that guy go... but top tier QBs are harder to find than top DL.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:11 PM 03-08-2022

The trade is for three players (one being Drew Lock) and two first rounders and two second rounders and a fifth for Russell Wilson and a fourth

— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:12 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
So basically what we did when we traded for Orlando Brown because we lost out on signing Trent Williams.

Sometimes the best moves are the moves you don't make . . . . .
Williams is a far better LT than Brown and wouldn't have cost any picks
[Reply]
kcpasco 01:13 PM 03-08-2022
Well our game against the Seahawks this year just got a little bit easier.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:13 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Still waiting on that 3rd player.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 66
« First < 56789 101112131959 > Last »
Up