ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 445 of 469
« First < 345395435441442443444445 446447448449455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 09:32 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
A pissed off fanbase.
If he's the #1 rated guy on team for trade value, hell check it out.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:53 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If he's the #1 rated guy on team for trade value, hell check it out.
Only kind of trade I'd consider is a young controllable TOR pitcher, another solid big leaguer, a top 30 prospect and another top 75 prospect.

He has a chance to be one of the best players in baseball, so it's be hard for me to part with him.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:58 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Only kind of trade I'd consider is a young controllable TOR pitcher, another solid big leaguer, a top 30 prospect and another top 75 prospect.

He has a chance to be one of the best players in baseball, so it's be hard for me to part with him.
To do that hes going to have to learn plate discipline, how to play defense, or be a good outfielder.

Traditionally you are born or just have those skills versus being able to acquire them. Haven't seen him as an OF so he may excel there like Alex did.

I would seriously consider a trade partner if someone gave you the world because so much of his value is what scouts project him to be. And yanno, we know scouts are never wrong.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:17 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
This has all of a sudden become a trend this winter, owners becoming heavily involved in baseball decisions. Houston Astros owner Jim Crane appears to be operating as his franchise's general manager at the moment. Crane seemed miffed during postseason interviews that he wasn't given enough credit for the team's transactions.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:19 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Gaylord Perry. Saw him pitch in Royals stadium the year he started 0-1 and reeled off 16 straight. What a pitcher he was.

Also, he had a big part in the Pine Tar game back in 83. He tried to sneak the bat into the Royals clubhouse before Tim McLelland could get his hands on it to measure the Paine tar on Brett’s bat. But a clubhouse security guy kind of apprehended him in the tunnel.
Helluva teammate.
Great memory.

Perry was also ejected for doing that LOL
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:23 PM 12-01-2022
To do that hes going to have to learn plate discipline, how to play defense, or be a good outfielder.

Traditionally you are born or just have those skills versus being able to acquire them. Haven't seen him as an OF so he may excel there like Alex did.

I would seriously consider a trade partner if someone gave you the world because so much of his value is what scouts project him to be. And yanno, we know scouts are never wrong.
Man lack of plate discipline is so weird, almost like that was a trend with almost every prospect we've had since 2010 due to the head of our organization preaching balls out aggressiveness for his entire reign here.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:26 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Man lack of plate discipline is so weird, almost like that was a trend with almost every prospect we've had since 2010 due to the head of our organization preaching balls out aggressiveness for his entire reign here.
Wonder what is wrong with Melendez, Pratto, and Pasquantino then. Must not be good listeners.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:29 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think it's too early to beat up Witt for plate discipline.

He skipped low and advanced Single-A altogether because of the 2020 cancellation and went straight to Double-A for his first full season assignment out of high school. That's an insane jump.

And he posted a 9% walk rate in both Double-A and Triple-A, which is impressive considering the situation he was in.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:31 PM 12-01-2022
Wonder what is wrong with Melendez, Pratto, and Pasquantino then. Must not be good listeners.
Good signs, no doubt. As is the fact that Bobby Witt had a similar walk rate to the three listed above in the minors.

But wanting to trade away Bobby Witt Jr. is knocking on the door to Pete's "Is Watson better than Mahomes" potential for being reposted with abandon in the coming seasons. Especially considering how GMDM saw Witt's aggressiveness as a good thing here in the majors.
[Reply]
tk13 10:44 PM 12-01-2022
This is something I was interested to see as well. I would hate this but it's something I've been wondering about with Sherman talking so much about being more transactional. If they were going in on being a Cleveland or Tampa type organization they would likely end up making some pretty tough trades. Trades Dayton just would not make because of he always talked about how KC sports fans get attached to their favorite players.

There has been like…really quietly a little smoke building around Salvy and I don’t care for it not one bit.

I’d give the odds of anything happening like a 0.001% chance but…who knows. https://t.co/tnU94KUqHn

— Royals Farm Report (@RoyalsFarm) December 2, 2022

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:29 AM 12-02-2022
The thing about a Salvy trade is that it would likely be a trade that the Royals could end up "winning" handily. It would be hard to be against it, objectively from a KC fan's perspective. I can't see it being a good trade for Salvy. The White Sox window is a mirage - never thought this group was fit for a championship run. Salvy's last few years would be obscure and forgotten. "Remember when Salvy briefly finished his career with the Sox"? "Oh yeah...almost forgot about that."
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:47 AM 12-02-2022
I love Salvy, but it's time. And IMO, it's been time for a while
[Reply]
nychief 09:52 AM 12-02-2022
The rest of that article goes on to say the Royals aren't inclined to move Salvy and that other teams don't even bother to bring his name up in conversations. It was pure speculation on Heyman's part connecting dots with Grifol and Perez.
[Reply]
blake5676 10:14 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I love Salvy, but it's time. And IMO, it's been time for a while
100%. I can't think a single negative thought about the guy. He's been such a cornerstone and the face of the team since being brought up like 10 years ago.

But....if you can unload his contract, you do it. It was a poor financial decision that a team like the Royals can't afford to make. I understand he's Mr. Royal but he's also an aging player who's catching is subpar and hitting can be streaky at best. Poor OBP but has pop. You can find that elsewhere for 1/4 the cost when taking emotion out of those decisions.

That being said, I'd still be sad to see him in another uniform. He's a top 5 Royal ever in my book.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:45 AM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
100%. I can't think a single negative thought about the guy. He's been such a cornerstone and the face of the team since being brought up like 10 years ago.

But....if you can unload his contract, you do it. It was a poor financial decision that a team like the Royals can't afford to make. I understand he's Mr. Royal but he's also an aging player who's catching is subpar and hitting can be streaky at best. Poor OBP but has pop. You can find that elsewhere for 1/4 the cost when taking emotion out of those decisions.

That being said, I'd still be sad to see him in another uniform. He's a top 5 Royal ever in my book.
Dayton would never trade him, but the Shermdog will allow it.
[Reply]
Page 445 of 469
« First < 345395435441442443444445 446447448449455 > Last »
Up