ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 435
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:29 PM 10-13-2019
I remember Stephon Gilmore getting roasted by Tyreek and then getting roasted quite a few times in the next three or four weeks when he first signed for the Pats...He just flat out didn't even know where to go (watch Ty's TD for example) but he obviously managed to get it right through coaching and working hard. Clark's stats were right up there with the likes of Mack and Vonn Miller at times last season and he can't have become a bad player overnight. In Seattle THEY RESPECT DEFENSE and coach it accordingly!!..In KC? Well, we'll see. I'll judge him fully at the end of the season.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:49 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I remember Stephon Gilmore getting roasted by Tyreek and then getting roasted quite a few times in the next three or four weeks when he first signed for the Pats...He just flat out didn't even know where to go (watch Ty's TD for example) but he obviously managed to get it right through coaching and working hard. Clark's stats were right up there with the likes of Mack and Vonn Miller at times last season and he can't have become a bad player overnight. In Seattle THEY RESPECT DEFENSE and coach it accordingly!!..In KC? Well, we'll see. I'll judge him fully at the end of the season.
Baldy was ripping on Spags on his usage of Clark. I am not excusing Clark's play but I think there is something to that as well.

As Baldy put it, we just have 4 guys trying to bull rush straight ahead down after down.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:50 PM 10-13-2019
Even Shaun Smith said on Twitter that Clark doesn’t fit Spags scheme
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:54 PM 10-13-2019
The Clark trade should be the final straw to dump Veech.

He had the big fumble recovery then gets faked out of his jock by Watson. 2 weeks in a row he can't tackle a speedy QB.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:16 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Baldy was ripping on Spags on his usage of Clark. I am not excusing Clark's play but I think there is something to that as well.

As Baldy put it, we just have 4 guys trying to bull rush straight ahead down after down.
Ok Pete, that's your newest defense? Spags isn't using him correctly? Lmao
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:16 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Even Shaun Smith said on Twitter that Clark doesn’t fit Spags scheme
Oh good.

We've reached the "Bob Suttons Complicated Scheme" stage of our program already. That's neat.

Y'know what? Sometimes the players just aren't going their jobs. Spags isnt a good DC and really never has been, but scheme is not Clark's problem.

No scheme can salvage poor get off, sub-par functional strength and non-existent technique. Frank Clarks problems are Frank Clark problems - not Spags.
[Reply]
-King- 07:19 PM 10-13-2019
How does a scheme keep a DE from reaching a quarterback all but once in 6 games?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:24 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
How does a scheme keep a DE from reaching a quarterback all but once in 6 games?
It doesn't.

But even Pete's weekly straw man arguments have fallen apart so this is the best he has.

At least Staylor knew enough to just stay out of the thread and hope Clark gets to a respectable level at some point.

This fucking dipshit, OTOH, just can't stop digging.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:34 PM 10-13-2019
Week one against the Jags the defense played with some intensity and swarmed the ball carrier.

Today was a crap effort. No swarming, no punishing Hyde. That's on the coaches.
What's the harm in starting Ragland? At least try to send a message that if you aren't doing your job, they will try to find someone else.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:18 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I've done that too. I'm particularly fond of that little move he has where he stays in one spot in front of the Tackle and does that slow-motion helicopter-spin with his arms halfway extended. Not really sure what he's trying to accomplish with it other than possibly paralyzing the opponent with overconfidence. Or making them laugh so hard that they get short of breath.
I've been studying Frank to see what his moves are. He has several, but they're not working yet. I see the following:

1. The Lean. He stands up and leans against the offensive lineman, hiding behind the guy so he can catch a quarterback by surprise if the quarterback runs by. This is apparently his favorite move since he uses it a lot.

2. The Gator. He falls down and lies very still, ready to grab a QB's ankles when he least expects it.

3. The Sprint. He runs straight upfield past the quarterback, positioning himself to make the tackle if the quarterback inexplicably starts running toward his own end zone.

4. The Windmill. He stands several yards from the quarterback, waving his arms wildly to distract him.

5. The helicopter. As you mentioned, he spins rapidly to create a wind vortex that will blow the ball off course.
[Reply]
scho63 11:22 PM 10-13-2019
Has there ever been just ONE Chiefs player that got a fat contract and out performed?

I can't think of any.......(Tyreek so far?)
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:40 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Has there ever been just ONE Chiefs player that got a fat contract and out performed?

Tony Gonzalez
[Reply]
RunKC 05:54 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

Kelce
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:42 AM 10-14-2019
This has nothing to do with fucking scheme. Everyone runs the same nickel and dime shit most of the time.

This is a guy who is playing hurt. I saw it with my own eyes yesterday when he sprinted off the field mid-drive, grasping one of his elbows in pain.

They traded for a guy with 2 torn UCLs. That’s why this move is ultimately stupid as fuck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:43 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This has nothing to do with fucking scheme. Everyone runs the same nickel and dime shit most of the time.

This is a guy who is playing hurt. I saw it with my own eyes yesterday when he sprinted off the field mid-drive, grasping one of his elbows in pain.

They traded for a guy with 2 torn UCLs. That’s why this move is ultimately stupid as fuck.
He's definitely hurt.

I hope he can come back next season full strength because it doesn't look like he's going to get right this year.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 435
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up