ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 382 of 435
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383384385386392432 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
6.5% of the cap this year is going to Frank Clark.

"YOu guys are bitching just to bitch".

When they can't afford to pay Creed or Trey Smith or Bolton in a year or two, maybe remember this money?
That money they're paying Clark this year and next or whatever, could have, you know, been rolled over and accounted for paying out the ass for one of those pass rushers you don't like.

They're paying out the ass for nothing with CLark. He literally brings nothing to the table you couldn't have paid JPP a couple million to do.
This contract was structured in 2019 and this year they brought his cap number down to what he was going to be paid regardless of staying or leaving.

This was a bad deal structure done by a young GM 3 years ago. Unfortunately it is what it is. You can’t just not pay a player his dead money.

Frank’s deal sucks but the good news is we’re getting good production from low cost players.

Karlaftis-11th in NFL pressures
Danna-16th in NFL in pressures
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL

^^^that’s how you balance it out
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 09-23-2022
DJ, you wanna take this one?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 AM 09-23-2022
6.5% of the cap this year is going to Frank Clark.

"YOu guys are bitching just to bitch".

When they can't afford to pay Creed or Trey Smith or Bolton in a year or two, maybe remember this money?
Nah we’ll be fine with those guys. Frank is off the books completely after 2023.

You know how to keep us in this mess? By using the O.city gameplan of doing this shit again trading high draft picks and paying Brian Burns :-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nah we’ll be fine with those guys. Frank is off the books completely after 2023.

You know how to keep us in this mess? By using the O.city gameplan of doing this shit again trading high draft picks and paying Brian Burns :-)
They could have had him off the books now. Done. Gone.

But they didn't. Now here we are.

But don't worry about just burning that cash. No biggie. Don't bitch about Frank CLark. Go all Run and bitch about Chris Jones. Lets cut or trade him. Seems wise.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 09:31 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Clark has to go next year.
Said the last few years….
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:08 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Did you seriously think edge set per capita was a real stat? :-)
I wasn't really paying attention to the post as much as I should have but honestly I just saw edge and thought maybe some weird pff stat someone found.

Regardless, to it mildly, Def dumb on my part!
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 AM 09-23-2022

You know how to keep us in this mess?
Re-signing Clark to a deal that makes us pay him $9mil in 2023 even if we cut him in the off season?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:31 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Re-signing Clark to a deal that makes us pay him $9mil in 2023 even if we cut him in the off season?
Yes he’s off the books after 2023. We get roughly $10.5 million from him after you deduct dead cap from the savings to release him
[Reply]
-King- 10:40 AM 09-23-2022
Yes he’s off the books after 2023. We get roughly $10.5 million from him after you deduct dead cap from the savings to release him
If we cut him this off season, there wouldn't be any money at all in 2023.

I feel like this has been said 100 times and some people just choose to flat out ignore it.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:42 AM 09-23-2022
They could have had him off the books now. Done. Gone.

But they didn't. Now here we are.

But don't worry about just burning that cash. No biggie. Don't bitch about Frank CLark. Go all Run and bitch about Chris Jones. Lets cut or trade him. Seems wise.
Every team has a situation like this. It’s the NFL.

Go look at Kenny Galladay in NY. Hell Ravens fans want Marcus Peters gone yesterday bc he was lazy and is their 2nd highest cap hit this year, Browns are paying Baker over $10 million in dead money to not be on their team, Saints are paying Armstead $12 million to lot be on their team while their QB is getting killed, Rams are paying Robert Woods $12 million to not be on their team.

If’s and but’s are fine but damn you guys act like we are the only team with a problem player being paid too much to either be bad here or play somewhere else.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 09-23-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
If we cut him this off season, there wouldn't be any money at all in 2023.

I feel like this has been said 100 times and some people just choose to flat out ignore it.
It's a fight barely worth having at this point because no matter how small you make the words you use, some people choose to simply ignore them.

Someone yesterday actually said "Maybe California can save us, get him suspend him and void his guarantees."

Because they don't have any concept of how dead money actually works.

There are none so blind as those who will not see...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:45 AM 09-23-2022
Every team has a situation like this. It’s the NFL.

Go look at Kenny Galladay in NY. Hell Ravens fans want Marcus Peters gone yesterday bc he was lazy and is their 2nd highest cap hit this year, Browns are paying Baker over $10 million in dead money to not be on their team, Saints are paying Armstead $12 million to lot be on their team while their QB is getting killed, Rams are paying Robert Woods $12 million to not be on their team.

If’s and but’s are fine but damn you guys act like we are the only team with a problem player being paid too much to either be bad here or play somewhere else.
We had an opportunity to cut him outright, have the exact same number on the cap this year and then had zero on the cap next season. Instead we elected to keep him and now we'll have $9 million in dead money on the cap next year.

This is AFTER it was clear he was shot.

WTF does anyone else's roster have to do with anything? They're two completely independent inquiries.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:48 AM 09-23-2022
Frank is gone next March and we’ll get around $10 million back from releasing him
Off a $20 million cap figure that he was as likely to actually see as you and I would have been.

You're buying a pair of shoes you don't need that won't work because you see a half-off sale.

We aren't getting shit 'back' from releasing him next season. We're carrying $9 million in dead cap space we shouldn't be carrying.

You have this completely backwards. And the reasons our DE group looks good have zero to do with the most expensive defensive end on the roster.

In a cap league with rollover provisions, that's absolutely something worth bitching about and hardly 'bitching just to bitch'.

It's not my fault you're doubling down on stupid here.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:50 AM 09-23-2022
This contract was structured in 2019 and this year they brought his cap number down to what he was going to be paid regardless of staying or leaving.

This was a bad deal structure done by a young GM 3 years ago. Unfortunately it is what it is. You can’t just not pay a player his dead money.

Frank’s deal sucks but the good news is we’re getting good production from low cost players.

Karlaftis-11th in NFL pressures
Danna-16th in NFL in pressures
Dunlap-1 sack, 1 TFL

^^^that’s how you balance it out
At the COST of adding $9 million in dead money to next year's cap.

Are you really not understanding this?

None of this is a result of the original contract. Take that out of the equation entirely because you had 2 options left even AFTER that fuckup.

A) Keep Clark on a $13 millionish cap hit this year and have $9 million in dead money on next years cap.

B) Cut Clark outright, absorb the same $13 millionish in dead money and have ZERO in dead money on next year's cap.

Throw the 'young GM' shit out because it doesn't mean anything. Brett Veach: Super Bowl Winning General Manager had options A and B above in front of him last March and he elected option A. That's friggen asinine.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 09-23-2022
DJ, you wanna take this one?
Sorry I just got back - my god-awful heathen twins actually ganged up on their teacher, made her cry and then LAUGHED at her for it this morning.

This is a 7 year professional; the lead teacher at daycare. Someone that actually had my oldest at school and then has followed the twins from class to class for 3 years.

And they broke her. Then laughed at her for it. At 4 years old.

I'm impressed, furious and terrified all in one measure.
[Reply]
Page 382 of 435
« First < 282332372378379380381382 383384385386392432 > Last »
Up