ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 220 of 435
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:54 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Originally Posted by mac459:
I love watching things like this, so cool to see things like this that never get any attention during the games
Plays like this for Frank sprinkled in every game, but you'll never get the haters to even admit they happen, because they aren't "splash plays."
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 AM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Who said anything about the Raiders O line not being good? I completely agree with you its a very good line. Or are you arguing that guys getting paid $20m a year are only expected to get pressure against bad O lines?

You jump up and down in here about people not watching the games over and over and studying a players every snap, then you use a box score stat like sacks to try and prove your point? Heh.
Ah, I get it now. You're just trolling. Okay, well played, I fell for it.

Btw, I actually watched that game with Kalil vs. the Raiders OL; the Raiders OL just stoned him. And I love Frank, but as a pass rusher he isn't in the same league as Kalil.
[Reply]
-King- 12:00 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Plays like this for Frank sprinkled in every game, but you'll never get the haters to even admit they happen, because they aren't "splash plays."
Pretty sure everyone is talking about him rushing the passer. But yeah he's great at recognizing screens and jet passes.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:00 PM 11-03-2020
Isn't this video from last season? Anyone got anything newer, like from this season?
I was just referencing it in regards to Jones

If there's a newer video that breaks down the teams run D I'd love to watch it as well
[Reply]
-King- 12:01 PM 11-03-2020

Btw, I actually watched that game with Kalil vs. the Raiders OL; the Raiders OL just stoned him. And I love Frank, but as a pass rusher he isn't in the same league as Kalil.
You're not even trying to make a point. Just saying vague shit. It's like you want to defend Clark but don't know exactly how to do it.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:03 PM 11-03-2020
Clark comes up big in big games. I'm not gonna freak out if he doesn't rage against terrible teams in the middle of season. Save it for the key games big dawg
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're not even saying anything.

"hAhAh wAtCh tHe TaPe"

Clark is not playing up to snuff. Literally anyone who watches this shit can agree to that. We've got two $100m men on the D line and I'm more impressed with the other one, because he's a fucking animal, a couple rookies and a reclamation project.
Whatever. you guys bore me at this point. "Clark sux because he doesn't get me a bunch of splash plays every week!"

No context, no discernment, just reading a boxscore and complaining about a couple statlines. Not going to argue with a bunch of guys that only care about a couple columns in the statbook.

It's going to be hilarious though when you guys have to eat crow yet again by season's end.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:21 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
I was just referencing it in regards to Jones

If there's a newer video that breaks down the teams run D I'd love to watch it as well
No I get it. I wasn't criticizing you, I was just wondering if there was a newer film analysis.

I haven't spent a ton of time watching Jones this season in gamefilm yet, but he's had a couple three games where I noticed his play against the run, because he looked a lot more disciplined and his recognition seemed to be significantly higher than his average last season.

Would just be nice if Kohlmann or Krueger had put together a tape on our run defense this season, or at least one on Jones' play so far this season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:31 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
You're not even trying to make a point. Just saying vague shit. It's like you want to defend Clark but don't know exactly how to do it.
Actually, I've already done it. Several times in this thread alone. I even went so far as to go back and log every Frank Clark snap in two different games last season, and explained what the play was, and how Frank played each of those snaps.

didn't make a lick of difference because most of the whiners just said, "didn't read it because too long," which is just another way of saying, "I love my bitchy stance, and I'm not interested in any other POV." And the rest either only understand football in Madden terms, or not even to that level.

What I've come to realize is that either some of you really don't understand football, or you simply have become so entrenched in the idea that Clark "sucks" that you aren't able to watch Frank with any objectivity.

Which is why I keep saying watch the gamefilm, in the hopes that some of you can take your blinders off and actually understand what's happening on the field, instead of just pointing at a column in the boxscore and wailing about it.

But what I'm not going to do AGAIN, is repeat myself for about the 5th time. go back thru the thread for my arguments. OR WATCH THE FILM.

That is all.:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:52 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Damn, son.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:20 PM 11-03-2020
Then don't think. Actually look up their stats.

Things like:

Charles Haley played in 12 games in 1987, and recorded just 6.5 sacks. in 1991 he played in 14 games and had just 7 sacks. in 1994, 14 games, just 4 sacks.

How about Reggie White? In 1986, Reggie started the season recording just 3 sacks in 8 games (including a stretch of 5 games with one a single sack) , but finished the season with 18 total.

Charles Haley in 1988, through the last half of the season record just 1.5 sacks. His season total was 11.5.

Bruce Smith in 1989 went a stretch between weeks 8-13 recording just a single sack, but finished the season with 13. In 1994 Bruce went a stretch in the second half of the season recording just one sack, but totaled 10. He started the following year generating just 3 sacks over the first 10 games. He ended up with10.5.

Derrick often went a month or more without a sack several times in his career.

i could keep on going, but you get the picture. Getting sacks is very difficult, and no one gets them consistently. It goes in streaks. NFL history tells us this is true. What you think about it is irrelevant.

But here's a little interesting tidbit: a lot of sack artists get them early in the season and then drop off towards the end of the season. You can see that with every one of the guys i mentioned above. Several seasons (not every or most; just multiple examples) where they stated hot then tapered off or just flat fell off a cliff production-wise.

Frank Clark seems to get more productive the later it gets into the season. Now, he's young and we don't have a lot of data to work with, but so far in his career he seems to make more splash plays after week 8 than before it.
Owned City.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 11-03-2020
The best part, though, is that it WAS a splash play. Just not "splashy" enough.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:28 PM 11-03-2020
Actually, I've already done it. Several times in this thread alone. I even went so far as to go back and log every Frank Clark snap in two different games last season, and explained what the play was, and how Frank played each of those snaps.

didn't make a lick of difference because most of the whiners just said, "didn't read it because too long," which is just another way of saying, "I love my bitchy stance, and I'm not interested in any other POV." And the rest either only understand football in Madden terms, or not even to that level.

What I've come to realize is that either some of you really don't understand football, or you simply have become so entrenched in the idea that Clark "sucks" that you aren't able to watch Frank with any objectivity.

Which is why I keep saying watch the gamefilm, in the hopes that some of you can take your blinders off and actually understand what's happening on the field, instead of just pointing at a column in the boxscore and wailing about it.

But what I'm not going to do AGAIN, is repeat myself for about the 5th time. go back thru the thread for my arguments. OR WATCH THE FILM.

That is all.:-)
You just wait. We're probably not too far away from another "Andy Reid is a terrible head coach" or "We aren't sniffing the playoffs" thread.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:33 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm not gonna bash Frank Clark, but I'm also not gonna let people tell lies. Chris Jones was a beast yesterday and played much better than Clark.
Jones had more "splash" plays where he almost got there but he was no more productive than Clark.

Like I said before Wharton put them both to shame.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:46 PM 11-03-2020

Haha I was slightly baiting you with the second sentence, I'm sorry. You did put words in my mouth about the Raiders O line when you quoted me though, so you deserved it.

I do think the point is valid that you pay guys the big bucks to beat the good O lines, I'm not really willing to get into too much of a debate about Mack because I don't have time to go back and watch the Bears Raiders game and see if they just shut Mack down by chipping him every passing down, or at the cost of giving up pressure elsewhere by focusing on Mack.

I'm not even one of the people on here expecting splashy plays all the time from him. The thing about D linemen is that an offense can commit to shutting them down if they want to pay the price that it costs. You can double team Donald every snap and probably prevent him from getting much pressure for a whole game, if you want to leave the guy next to him 1 on 1 all game.

I don't even think Clark sucks, I am just not a fan of the deal that brought him to KC. He's a good player we paid an elite player price for.

How about this, when you look at the price tags on Clark and Mack, would you agree they are both in the same ball park, 20.8m vs 23.5m average per year and 2 first rounders vs a 1st and a 2nd rounder? Do you think Clark and Mack are in the same ballpark talent wise?
[Reply]
Page 220 of 435
« First < 120170210216217218219220 221222223224230270320 > Last »
Up