ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 211 of 435
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:17 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I have never seen ANYONE so protective of the shit they post.

Good fucking grief, you're fucking woman.
and you're a know nothing bitch talking asshole who should stick to chase underage actresses in cali and leave football to the rest of us.

Time for another sabbatical, pussboy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:26 AM 10-12-2020
While I'm on a roll, however...

Can anybody tell me why Frank Clark with all his tenacity and attitude can't ever seem to finish sacks? He sure does leave a lot of them on the field where other guys seem to have no trouble taking down the QB and completing the big play.

Yeah, the pressure is nice and all, but...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:15 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Can anybody tell me why Frank Clark with all his tenacity and attitude can't ever seem to finish sacks? He sure does leave a lot of them on the field where other guys seem to have no trouble taking down the QB and completing the big play.

It seems like he just yeets his body a qbs expecting them to fall sometimes. He could probably be a 20 sack guy if he follows through on those. It is a head scratcher. As a fatty who played DL and DE in high school I always considered that the easy part, and getting to the qb the actual job.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:52 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
You stepped on your dick. Did you honestly think you wouldnt be given shit for a mindless response to a 7 month old post, on CP of all places?

Must be slipping.
And this is Dane. Did you honestly think he wasn't going to call someone a cunt for doing so?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:27 AM 10-13-2020
Kolton Miller is developing.

Kolton Miller shut down Frank Clark in Week 5. If you said these words two years ago on this website it would've been dismissed & laughed at by nearly everyone (including me). Incredible job by Tom Cable & Miller. Great example of why "traits" matter so much in the process too. pic.twitter.com/SXTHi7vhZM

— Brandon Thorn (@BrandonThornNFL) October 13, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 10-13-2020
2 of those plays weren't Frank Clark, they were Willie Gay and Taco Charlton if I'm seeing correctly.

That being said, Miller did a fine job for sure.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:26 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

This is my theory after watching a bunch of film from last season: he's aiming too high, like about shoulder height. He needs to aim for the midsection, and he'll bring people down a lot more consistently.

Funny thing is, I can't imagine why he hasn't seen it himself, or at least one of the coaches; it's kind of obvious to me. Which just leads me to think maybe I'm missing something.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 06:14 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This is my theory after watching a bunch of film from last season: he's aiming too high, like about shoulder height. He needs to aim for the midsection, and he'll bring people down a lot more consistently.

Funny thing is, I can't imagine why he hasn't seen it himself, or at least one of the coaches; it's kind of obvious to me. Which just leads me to think maybe I'm missing something.
It depends on a lot of factors. Just watching film sometimes isn't enough without knowing what Spags was trying to do. It seemed like they were more concerned with keeping Carr in the pocket and trying to interrupt pass lanes. Gruden likes to run a lot and use the 3 step game, so they probably didn't expect to get to him a lot unless they could force 3rd and long situations (which they didn't do a lot of) where they had to run 5-7 step type routes. Gruden ran a sh1t ton of play action with a little waggle as well so they had to play gap integrity first. Either way I expected better dline play that game. It was a sh1t fest even with 8 in the box, too much reading and not enough run blitzing.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:17 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
It depends on a lot of factors. Just watching film sometimes isn't enough without knowing what Spags was trying to do. It seemed like they were more concerned with keeping Carr in the pocket and trying to interrupt pass lanes. Gruden likes to run a lot and use the 3 step game, so they probably didn't expect to get to him a lot unless they could force 3rd and long situations (which they didn't do a lot of) where they had to run 5-7 step type routes. Gruden ran a sh1t ton of play action with a little waggle as well so they had to play gap integrity first. Either way I expected better dline play that game. It was a sh1t fest even with 8 in the box, too much reading and not enough run blitzing.
Okay. But even if I agree with you, none of that explains why Clark seems to aim high when he tackles. Not all the time, but a lot.
[Reply]
cookster50 08:49 PM 10-13-2020
Heard a quote on the radio, with Frank it is always really great or really horrible, no consistency or average games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:29 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Heard a quote on the radio, with Frank it is always really great or really horrible, no consistency or average games.
That's like half of the league, though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 PM 10-13-2020
Okay. But even if I agree with you, none of that explains why Clark seems to aim high when he tackles. Not all the time, but a lot.
Just throwing this out here but I wonder if it has to do with hitting the QB and being worried about getting flagged. I've seen two flags in the last two weeks for QB's getting hit in the thighs, which should be legal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:36 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Just throwing this out here but I wonder if it has to do with hitting the QB and being worried about getting flagged. I've seen two flags in the last two weeks for QB's getting hit in the thighs, which should be legal.
Maybe. It just seems so academic: aim just above the hips, so youreyes are focused on the hips and he can't juke you.

On a sidenote, I noticed that Chris Jones aims high as well. Missed a couple sacks already this season because he went for the shoulders and the QB ducked and basically went under his arm.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:39 PM 10-13-2020
Maybe. It just seems so academic: aim just above the hips, so youreyes are focused on the hips and he can't juke you.

On a sidenote, I noticed that Chris Jones aims high as well. Missed a couple sacks already this season because he went for the shoulders and the QB ducked and basically went under his arm.
It's clearly an issue with this defensive line that needs to be addressed. I hope our defensive coaches are coaching them up. These should be easy fixes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:42 PM 10-13-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's clearly an issue with this defensive line that needs to be addressed. I hope our defensive coaches are coaching them up. These should be easy fixes.
I have faith in the coaches. Chris Jones was a liability against the run in 2018 and started out 2019 much the same way. They refocused him after the Titans loss and he was a force for the rest of the season.
[Reply]
Page 211 of 435
« First < 111161201207208209210211 212213214215221261311 > Last »
Up