Page 212 of 934
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312712 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:24 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
He never once mentioned Trump. You're reaching. He did however blast central banks...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Wow. What do you think he’s referring to when he mentions ‘politics’ exactly? Brexit? Italy? Argentina?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:34 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Wow. What do you think he’s referring to when he mentions ‘politics’ exactly? Brexit? Italy? Argentina?
Reaching.....

Mohamed: $15t in negative rates globally. This is not a US story......

Whole host of political dislocations = ALL TRUMP??? WOW!

[Reply]
Cosmos 10:38 AM 08-15-2019
Not going to get political but anyone, regardless of whom or what party, that wins a Presidential election when literally all the odds are overwhelmingly against them is hardly an "idiot".
No, that term would be applicable to those who voted for him.

Is not qualified, never was qualified for public service.

A majority of voters told you as much.

Wonder how his Trump Moscow Resort is coming along..
[Reply]
petegz28 10:41 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
If you don't get it, I can't help you. There are plenty of alternatives to the stock market. The last week is the 4th largest drop in the market's history. Anyone buying stocks right now isn't seeing the bigger picture.
No need to get all defensive. I never said I didn't "get it". I said I don't think it's all that it's cracked up to be.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:42 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by Cosmos:
No, that term would be applicable to those who voted for him.

Is not qualified, never was qualified for public service.

A majority of voters told you as much.

Wonder how his Trump Moscow Resort is coming along..
Take it to DC, ass wipe.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:53 AM 08-15-2019
Reaching.....

Mohamed: $15t in negative rates globally. This is not a US story......

It's not possible to have a conversation with someone who puts his hands over his ears and ignores 98% of a 6-minute clip. This sort of willfully obtuse behavior is exactly why I avoid DC and why I'll ignore you here going forward.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:59 AM 08-15-2019
It's not possible to have a conversation with someone who puts his hands over his ears and ignores 98% of a 6-minute clip. This sort of willfully obtuse behavior is exactly why I avoid DC and why I'll ignore you here going forward.
I am not the one laying the blame of an inverted yield curve solely at the feet of one person. I am sorry you do not like who the President is but frankly it doesn't matter. You tried this same shit with me about Tyreek Hill and again you weren't really close to right.

I am not trying to discount your market takes per say but I am laughing at your obvious attempt to blame President Trump for all the world's ills. That, my friend is being willfully obtuse. Please go ahead and ignore me. I won't worry much about it.
[Reply]
eDave 11:11 AM 08-15-2019
Glad that's over.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:47 AM 08-15-2019
You people are focusing on the wrong thing. The Super Bowl stock market indicator is the way to go. With Patrick Mahomes II at the helm, this is looking to be a bear market for many years to come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_indicator
[Reply]
scho63 12:36 PM 08-15-2019
I don't think there's a simple answer to this. My own personal view is that Trump is certainly on the right track in standing up to China, particularly on the issue of IP theft, but his haphazard methods aren't always ideal, certainly not for markets that don't appreciate his 'madman' style of negotiating (if that's even his deliberate intention). I also don't think it's clear at all that China's currency is 'manipulated' (a lot of countries run managed exchange rates for very genuine reasons) or undervalued right now - many smart people who would argue the exact opposite (based on different FX valuation frameworks). And trade balance is determined by a number of factors that aren't always so clear cut.

In my industry, I'd say there's a general belief that standing up to China is a good thing, but it's an extremely difficult issue to fix and Trump is proving that daily.
I would agree if China was an immature, unstable or small economy but nothing could be further from the truth now after 25 years of massive growth and controlled capitalism.

Their currency should be floating not fixed. That makes them a currency manipulator.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:47 PM 08-15-2019
Gold is up 30 pct in the last year. Stocks 3 pct. Countries around the globe are stockpiling in millions of pounds. They know the central banks are out of options. Everyone should have at least 10 pct in gold.
This is horrifically bad advice.

Gold is, and always was until fools thought bought hogshit salesman’s advice, a commodity. Thusly it makes a horribad investment. Nobody was saying dudes should own 10% wheat in 08 or corn in 12.

It’s a commodity man. Don’t buy the shit. Look at a monthly chart and go back as far as you can go. It’s not an investment, it’s a commodity.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:49 PM 08-15-2019
Gold is up 30 pct in the last year. Stocks 3 pct. Countries around the globe are stockpiling in millions of pounds. They know the central banks are out of options. Everyone should have at least 10 pct in gold.
If you don't get it, I can't help you. There are plenty of alternatives to the stock market. The last week is the 4th largest drop in the market's history. Anyone buying stocks right now isn't seeing the bigger picture.
I'm sorry we can't help you in seeing that investing in Gold over decades, sure as shit comes no where close to the gains you'll make in the market over the same period. NEVER.

4th largest drop? I guess if going solely by point values, which is retarded. It was a day where it dropped 3%. Hardly something unheard of.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:54 PM 08-19-2019
I’m selling covered calls on IQ around $17.50 until it sells. I’ll take the loss once one sticks and my shares are called away. Fuck this piece of shit.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:46 PM 08-21-2019
FUUUUUUU

ten days ago I was looking up stocks to buy during a recession (looking to maybe move some of my FAANG money ) I found an article that said healthcare and groceries. People still buy / use those things. It listed Target and Walmart. I added those to my follow list but didn’t buy. Was waiting to see...

TARGET WENT UP 20% TODAY ON EARNINGS BEAT. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:51 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
FUUUUUUU

ten days ago I was looking up stocks to buy during a recession (looking to maybe move some of my FAANG money ) I found an article that said healthcare and groceries. People still buy / use those things. It listed Target and Walmart. I added those to my follow list but didn’t buy. Was waiting to see...

TARGET WENT UP 20% TODAY ON EARNINGS BEAT. :-)
I was pleased to look at my Target holdings today, even though they're not large. Nonetheless, it helps to make up for the day last week when I was holding the three biggest losing stocks in the S&P 500. That was a first.
[Reply]
Page 212 of 934
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222262312712 > Last »
Up