ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 156 of 934
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Unclesam 05:51 PM 09-19-2018
I started investing when I was 24. 5k per year Roth IRA. Will be millionaire.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:53 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Nope. IQ is still an ass.

I'm thinking about taking that money out and making a few investments in Mahomian Stocks.
IQ still blows. When it spikes, I sell a covered call to at least make some money. Once it gets back above $30 I will be looking to sell.

Alibaba is killing me too. Fucking China!!!

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have some apple and it's been great. I'll keep it. But I still kind of wonder why that stock is so valuable. They're in a field that has lots of competition, and their niche seems to be user interface and cult loyalty. The first one of those is easy to lose as soon as someone else comes up with a great idea. I think the second one lasts as long as the first one is in place.

So I've got some, but I don't think I'd keep buying more.
They are a cash heaven and are well run, that's why it's so valuable. They are always innovative and have secured cult status for many. The stock buybacks will continue to keep the stock price nice and healthy as well.

Smart move Rainman.
[Reply]
Unclesam 05:54 PM 09-19-2018
I have my Roth IRA through Betterment. Should I switch to Vanguard?
[Reply]
Munson 06:02 PM 09-19-2018
I had some Apple stock for several years, but sold it off when it was edging down back in June.

And with my shitty luck, with a couple of weeks, it starts climbing up and eventually gains about $30/share.

I might buy back in before the end of the year.
[Reply]
EPodolak 07:52 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I have some apple and it's been great. I'll keep it. But I still kind of wonder why that stock is so valuable. They're in a field that has lots of competition, and their niche seems to be user interface and cult loyalty. The first one of those is easy to lose as soon as someone else comes up with a great idea. I think the second one lasts as long as the first one is in place.

So I've got some, but I don't think I'd keep buying more.
It's a great brand, and they've got enough cash to buy one of Earth's hemispheres. Lot's of means for innovation and who know's what else that they can pursue in decades to come.

I'm not a buyer beyond what I own, but if I was younger I wouldn't hesitate.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:51 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
It's a great brand, and they've got enough cash to buy one of Earth's hemispheres. Lot's of means for innovation and who know's what else that they can pursue in decades to come.

I'm not a buyer beyond what I own, but if I was younger I wouldn't hesitate.
Their cash stream is truly remarkable. Literally insane.

I sold all my shares around $210 for a nice profit but am thinking of buying back if it continues to dip more.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:19 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Their cash stream is truly remarkable. Literally insane.

I sold all my shares around $210 for a nice profit but am thinking of buying back if it continues to dip more.
Heh, sorry man. My comment was practically a repost of yours just above. Too lazy to read sometimes.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:59 PM 09-20-2018
Today was a fun day.

More days like today please.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:00 AM 09-21-2018
XRP is up 43 percent today
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:14 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Today was a fun day.

More days like today please.
the chinese are flipping assturds
[Reply]
lewdog 07:34 PM 09-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
the chinese are flipping assturds
I've been making money.

Not on IQ or BABA though. :-)
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 03:43 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Driven by this:

Originally Posted by petegz28:
It had also better be legit or he can find his ass in a lot of trouble with the SEC.
Welp.. Tesla down big on the news the SEC is suing Musk. It's not a big surprise, you can't really come up with 70+ billion in funding to go private without significant conversations over a long period that would have leaked out.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:46 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Welp.. Tesla down big on the news the SEC is suing Musk. It's not a big surprise, you can't really come up with 70+ billion in funding to go private without significant conversations over a long period that would have leaked out.
I haven’t seen anything. What are they suing him for?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:03 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven’t seen anything. What are they suing him for?
If you're asking what the punishment might be, it sounds like they could ban him from being an executive with any public company (like Tesla).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ocket-jml0ca0m

Originally Posted by :
It sought unspecified monetary penalties and added a market-rattling request -- that a judge bar Musk from serving as an officer or director of a public company.
Honestly, that might not be the worst thing in the world. The dude clearly needs to step back a bit and get some sleep.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:15 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
If you're asking what the punishment might be, it sounds like they could ban him from being an executive with any public company (like Tesla).

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ocket-jml0ca0m

Honestly, that might not be the worst thing in the world. The dude clearly needs to step back a bit and get some sleep.
Man I’ve apparently paid zero attention. So the SEC dinged him for not disclosing shareholder activity?

I didn’t think the SEC filed lawsuits. I thought they levied criminal charges.

RE: Musk. Yeah. I watched him on the Joe Rogan Podcasr and he looked and sounded like he’ll.
[Reply]
Page 156 of 934
« First < 56106146152153154155156 157158159160166206256656 > Last »
Up