ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 173
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
blake5676 08:44 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Breakfast is actually my favorite meal of the day! I LOVE some biscuits & gravy + eggs. Mix it all together.

They have this thing called "the Stretch" at the Broadway Diner in Columbia...Chili and gravy with onions on eggs and hash browns, covered in cheese. It's probably not any easier on ya than the Pad thai...but oh man, it's good.

:-)
Hahaha! I've put down a good 150 stretches in my days. I like mine topped with syrup, ranch and ketchup. And only after 2am.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:47 AM 11-23-2016
Originally Posted by blake5676:
Hahaha! I've put down a good 150 stretches in my days. I like mine topped with syrup, ranch and ketchup. And only after 2am.
:-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:34 AM 11-23-2016
Anti-nausea meds are working for me so far...
[Reply]
Buck 07:50 PM 11-23-2016
Ed you're a fucking champ man. Have fun in Europe
[Reply]
patteeu 07:55 PM 11-23-2016
I'm glad you're getting another chance to go. You're an inspiration.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:56 PM 11-23-2016
Oh hell no.

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Anti-nausea meds are working for me so far...
Now I need some after reading that lol

Originally Posted by Buck:
Ed you're a ****ing champ man. Have fun in Europe
X2
[Reply]
CanadaKC 08:19 PM 11-23-2016
Do you need a place to stay in Copenhagen? My cousin has an apartment she AirBnB's there. Awesome news you're feeling better
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:40 PM 11-24-2016
Originally Posted by CanadaKC:
Do you need a place to stay in Copenhagen? My cousin has an apartment she AirBnB's there. Awesome news you're feeling better
I won't be in Copenhagen at all this trip, actually. With the unbelievable 1000 dollar drop in the fare on KLM, I am going through Amsterdam instead to Aalborg. Thanks, though!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:50 AM 11-27-2016
Ugh! Now that wretched tune is in my head! Only my Black Sabbath tunes will break through now and set things right.
Rocking the new colored Sabotage reissue right meow...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 12:00 PM 11-29-2016
That is a great album and aren't the songs Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe just heavy as all get out?

In other news, my trip next spring is all set as of this morning. I booked a side trip to London, complete with a hotel, and already have my main trip set. So, it shaped up like this: I leave KC on 24 April and arrive in Aalborg, Denmark on 25 April with my friend Chipp. A few hours later, my brother and nephew will arrive. We will all stay in Aalborg for 6 nights. I am having a big party for my family and friends in the Irish House on 27 April. My nephew has been to a Mexican border town when he was 14, but never across the Pond. I will teach him the finer points of beer appreciation since he made the claim to me that he "doesn't like heavier beers." I'll start him out on Carlsberg and Green Tuborg. On 1 May, we all head north to Løkken. Chipp and I will go to London on 2 May and return on 7 May. Chipp can only stay until 9 May, so he will be going back first. My nephew is staying for 3 weeks and my brother for 6. I will still be in Løkken when he goes home. On 14 June, I will head back to Aalborg for the last days of my trip, flying back to KC on 20 June.

My nurse practitioner told me to go for it and they would work around my trip, so I am not going to worry much about the cancer gaining ground on me while I am off treatments for probably 10 weeks. My body and spirit will be much stronger after the long break and I can renew the battle after my return. As long as I don't die until the last day of my trip, it's all good.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:08 PM 11-29-2016
That is a great album and aren't the songs Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe just heavy as all get out?

In other news, my trip next spring is all set as of this morning. I booked a side trip to London, complete with a hotel, and already have my main trip set. So, it shaped up like this: I leave KC on 24 April and arrive in Aalborg, Denmark on 25 April with my friend Chipp. A few hours later, my brother and nephew will arrive. We will all stay in Aalborg for 6 nights. I am having a big party for my family and friends in the Irish House on 27 April. My nephew has been to a Mexican border town when he was 14, but never across the Pond. I will teach him the finer points of beer appreciation since he made the claim to me that he "doesn't like heavier beers." I'll start him out on Carlsberg and Green Tuborg. On 1 May, we all head north to Løkken. Chipp and I will go to London on 2 May and return on 7 May. Chipp can only stay until 9 May, so he will be going back first. My nephew is staying for 3 weeks and my brother for 6. I will still be in Løkken when he goes home. On 14 June, I will head back to Aalborg for the last days of my trip, flying back to KC on 20 June.

My nurse practitioner told me to go for it and they would work around my trip, so I am not going to worry much about the cancer gaining ground on me while I am off treatments for probably 10 weeks. My body and spirit will be much stronger after the long break and I can renew the battle after my return. As long as I don't die until the last day of my trip, it's all good.
Sounds awesome, bro... so glad you're going back to revive your inner spirit

And it looks like the airfare is going to be $1000 cheaper? holy crap, talk about a discount... more money for beer :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:10 PM 11-29-2016
"Hole in the Sky" is probably my favorite late-era Sabbath tune.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Heavy.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:32 PM 11-29-2016
Glad you are feeling better!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:54 AM 12-01-2016
Today marks two years since I had my port replaced. It's working fine and I am grateful that the doctor did such a good job. I can't prove it, but I think my first port was poorly done, which is what led to the infection that nearly killed me. I won't forget the agonizing two months of having the wound packed with hydrafera blue and repacked every couple of days. That was a painful experience that went on and on. I still have a dent in my chest on the right side where the infection ate down about 2 inches.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:57 AM 12-01-2016
Glad you're doing better man! Keep fighting.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 173
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Up