ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 286
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:58 PM 07-30-2015
I saw The Drop over the weekend and I really liked it. Terrific send off for Gandolfini, and Hardy was great too. You had a feeling the entire movie that he was stone cold underneath his simple mindset.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:30 PM 07-30-2015
Ripley at the end of Aliens. Damn! What a beast.

Alien 3 sucks so far. Another stow away alien? Come on now.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:51 AM 07-31-2015
Watched Max Max Fury Road finally. Great spectacle.

Just watched Rise of the PLanet of the Apes, too. I really enjoyed it as well, and I'm looking forward to the sequel. I could watch the ape armies swinging through the trees and fighting and such all day.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:50 AM 08-01-2015
Watched "APRIL" on Netlix.

Great, great, good acting, solid performances, then what...the...****...it's all...melting...like...sand on...the...beach....then WHALE $#IT. Avoid. Don't waste your time.

"These Final Hours" on Netflix. As advertised it's an end-of-the-world pic. The main character isn't all that likable and is clearly flawed but you cheer for him. The science in this is $3it but if you can ignore that it's a good character piece. I'd give it a 3 out of 5.

"All Good Things." A definite watch and a perfect preamble to to the HBO special on Robert Durst called "The Jinx." Make a night of it - watch the movie and then the HBO special. It's amazing how a killer can be both easy to pick out yet impossible to pin down. I'd give the film a 4 and "The Jinx" a 5 out of 5...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:26 AM 08-01-2015
Got my MI6 or whatever it is ticket. Great reviews so far.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:27 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ripley at the end of Aliens. Damn! What a beast.
I hope Neill Blomkamp gives us another 2 hours of that Ripley. That's all I want. A pissed off, unfrozen Ripley, hell bent on destroying Weyland Yutani.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:32 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
I hope Neill Blomkamp gives us another 2 hours of that Ripley. That's all I want. A pissed off, unfrozen Ripley, hell bent on destroying Weyland Yutani.
I haven't been paying attention to the new Alien production news.

Is Ripley going to be in it? If so, will she be played by Sigourney Weaver? She's got to be in her 70s by now.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:39 AM 08-01-2015

Is Ripley going to be in it? If so, will she be played by Sigourney Weaver? She's got to be in her 70s by now.
No, Ripley will be played by Melissa Joan Hart...
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:42 AM 08-01-2015
I watched Alien: Resurrection this morning to finish up the series.

That movie was pretty bad, critically. As a fan of the Alien franchise I enjoyed it despite the horrendous plot and character caricatures.

I will say that the aliens themselves, apart from the weird, white, mutant Ripley-baby-alien looked AMAZING.

From Alien:

From Resurrection:

Much scarier.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:47 AM 08-01-2015

Ripley and Hicks are in it played by the original actors.

Sig is 65 and looks amazing. I'm confident she can pull it off.

[Reply]
Rausch 11:53 AM 08-01-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Ripley and Hicks are in it played by the original actors.

Sig is 65 and looks amazing. I'm confident she can pull it off.

CGI is amazing these days...
[Reply]
-King- 05:34 AM 08-06-2015
Watched The Truman Show. Really enjoyed it. Good mix of comedy and drama.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:02 PM 08-06-2015
Pompeii with Jon Snow and Adebisi sucked. The only redeeming quality was Jessica Lucas' fooooine ass and those succulent breastsssss.

[Reply]
frankotank 01:53 PM 08-06-2015
I watched the original Alien yesterday.

I can see how it was critically acclaimed in a different era. Although I already knew the outcome, they did a good job of setting up suspense and intrigue.

With that said, thank God for modern advances in costume design, animatronics, and CGI. The Alien was so obviously a man in a poorly designed suit that it was distracting. The scene where you can see the obvious swap between Ash's robotic head and his real head was the most egregious. It reminded me of Arnie taking off his sunglasses in the original Terminator.

Their idea of future tech is also pretty hilarious. These boxy 70s-esque computers and operating systems on a supposedly interstellar-capable spacecraft just makes you laugh. They can terraform planets 40 light-years away but their rendition of a motion detector is a leaf-blower that can only detect movement from about 10 feet away.

Prometheus is supposedly set in the same universe and as a prequel to Alien but their tech is vastly superior. It's just me nitpicking, I know- I just found it funny. That movie definitely wasn't intended to be viewed for the first time nearly 40 years after its creation. I suppose some douchey little kid will watch Prometheus in 40 years and laugh at the idea of 3-D holograms.

All in all it was a good experience. It was cool to see the space jockey and derelict spaceship.
after Alien and Aliens you should just stop. the others are crap.
those two are the best and couldn't be any more different.

I don't disagree with you takes on the effects. but still cool considering what they had to work with. now with that in mind, if you've never seen 1981's An American Werewolf In London.....you gotta see it. it's easily my fav werewolf movie and they didn't have SHIT back then. in the scene where he transforms in the living room they literally made a face that would expand for just that one 2-3 second shot. it's how they had to do it back then. and it's pretty cool. his hands and feet elongating. but.....by todays standards it's kinda lame....but still. they made it work. I've seen the extras and the guy who made the expanding face was talking about all the work he put into it and then the directory says "ROLL"....3 seconds pass...."CUT"...that's a wrap. and the guy is like WTF! :-)

anyways....a great great flick in my opinion. humor plus horror. pretty cool.
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:59 PM 08-06-2015
I watched Sleepaway Camp last night from 1983 - PHENOMENAL hit!!!
[Reply]
Page 129 of 286
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179229 > Last »
Up