Shelby Harris
Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
New World Order 12:27 PM 10-20-2023
Knowmo, any word on how the Paton Plan is progressing?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:28 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I was definitely 3. He was pure garbage down the stretch in Seattle and has declined further since
I did say he was more Tannehill than Rodgers.

So I'm gonna say 2.5.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:29 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Knowmo, any word on how the Paton Plan is progressing?
I'm renaming him Private Pyle
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:36 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I believe I was in 2.

It cost a lot, but quarterbacks cost a lot and in light of that, the return wasn't unreasonable.

Where I felt like the Broncos really screwed the pooch was the extension. They took the value in the trade and immediately set it on fire. And they did so without seeing how Wilson would even transition to a new team.

So yeah, i think 2 works.
Wilson was NEVER going to be worth 2 firsts, 2 seconds, plus other players and picks. Group 3 was easy money.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:37 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I was definitely 3. He was pure garbage down the stretch in Seattle and has declined further since
You have face fucked Dildo Joe into oblivion over the last few years. I’m not sure he even exists anymore.

*salutes*
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:45 PM 10-20-2023
On a personal level, I truly love an overrated, cornball, grifty **** like Wilson receiving his comeuppance.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:49 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
Can we get an update on this?
A lot of apathy about the Seahawks around here, TBH. They made a great move getting rid of Russ at exactly the right time, but the Seahawks are now pretty much just a middling team without any future at QB, which is hard to get excited about. Russ' years here were a huge bright spot for a team that never really did much, and now it looks like they're back to the norm.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:51 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
A lot of apathy about the Seahawks around here, TBH. They made a great move getting rid of Russ at exactly the right time, but the Seahawks are now pretty much just a middling team without any future at QB, which is hard to get excited about. Russ' years here were a huge bright spot for a team that never really did much, and now it looks like they're back to the norm.
Better than being a putrid team without any future at QB...

And the draft/cap capital they've accrued as part of the deal allows them to build a foundation while looking for the next long-term solution at QB. With the way QBs age these days, they can reasonably expect roughly average QB play for the next 3-5 years.

That's a pretty long window to find the next option.
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:05 PM 10-20-2023
Wilson's best play as a QB is so front-loaded in his career (when he was playing on loaded teams) that it's crazy anyone thought he was worth the equivalent of 3 first round picks or so at age ~33
[Reply]
Eleazar 01:08 PM 10-20-2023
Then there's this:

Russell Wilson already has $39M guaranteed next season. Any kind of significant injury that would not allow him to pass a physical in March would guarantee another $37M. At some point the #Broncos probably have to consider pulling him as starter

— Jason_OTC (@Jason_OTC) October 13, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 01:09 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Well at least you aren't the Saints. They have an unprecedented amount of cap issues looming. They are $87 million over the cap and are stuck with Derek Carr.

They're in the worst possible place of any team IMO
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:25 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well at least you aren't the Saints. They have an unprecedented amount of cap issues looming. They are $87 million over the cap and are stuck with Derek Carr.

I think Saints fans are just happy for the Brees years. They’ve been mostly a terrible franchise, but got the HOF QB for a bit and cashed in with a Super Bowl.

They’re probably kind of like most Royals fans. We’re amazed we saw our team win the big one once, and we’re used to being bad.

Bronco fans aren’t used to this, which makes it funnier.

And yet, they still deserve worse.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:34 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

They aren't the Saints *yet.*

Payton will create those same cap issues for the Broncos, too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 10-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
They aren't the Saints *yet.*

Payton will create those same cap issues for the Broncos, too.
It appears the Broncos are going to come to grips with their suck (or in the Saints case, mediocrity) far sooner than NOLA did.

Things like moving on from Chubb and looking to move on from Jeudy suggest they're unlikely to get themselves in THAT tight of a bind.

I mean, until Sean Payton gives Taysom Hill another $15 million as the missing piece of the puzzle or something...
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:52 PM 10-20-2023
Trade vs swindled has been answered
[Reply]
Page 66 of 66
« First < 16566263646566
Up