ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 190
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 12:37 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
This was the best playoff series in ages. Tell me I'm wrong. Maybe we should stop the madness that sports are better with the same players and teams winning all the time.
Best playoff series in ages? You are joking right?
[Reply]
sedated 12:39 PM 07-21-2021
To be fair, Milwaukee had little choice but to do it the "old fashioned" way. No one was signing there, and the biggest stars would tell them to piss off if they started talking about trades (ie, I won't re-sign here so don't waste your time on trading for me).

Portland is going through the same thing with Lillard.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:45 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Best playoff series in ages? You are joking right?
For the nba, yes. Is it even close?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:51 PM 07-21-2021
I guess it depends on the definition of "ages".

Heat over the Spurs and Dallas over the Heat were probably up there IMO. This was a really good one though.

The Warriors vs Heat/Cavs year after year shit got stale.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:53 PM 07-21-2021
The Bucks were largely terrible for the first two games and the Suns were awful for the last four. Beyond Giannis' dominance, this wasn't a particularly good playoff series for me. Both teams showed their inexperience (although the Suns had a lot more of it). Nets/Bucks even earlier in the playoffs was better (if only because of the insane final game between Durant and Giannis).
[Reply]
staylor26 12:54 PM 07-21-2021
It wasn’t a great series in terms of the actual games and how they played out.

But it was refreshing to see 2 smaller market teams that aren’t super teams playing for all the marbles.

It was great for the NBA IMO.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:56 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
A lot of people will say they never would have beaten the Nets if they were at full strength, and that very well might be true. I'll still take it. The stars aligned and they got it done.
And a lot of people say the Raptors wouldn't have won if Durant got never hurt, which is definitely true and yet still not relevant to much of anything.

Injuries are a part of the game and the Bucks were the best team this season at the end of it. There's nothing to apologize for.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:58 PM 07-21-2021
Best* series I've watched since Jordan pushed off.

*and just about only

But yeah... rooting for the Suns, the first two games were fun. The 4th quarter collapses not so much, and from the end of game 5 through game 6 was closer to watching college in terms of brick houses and terrible decisions.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:59 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:

Heat over the Spurs and Dallas over the Heat were probably up there IMO. This was a really good one though.

2016 Cavs/Warriors surpasses those but I know why you'd be reluctant to say so.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:05 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:

The east has been so bad in the Lebron era it became almost unwatchable. Once he started rolling with the heat, there was a brief "cool" moment to see Cleveland win one. But other than that the east was horrible to watch.

The west was more competitive. But then the warriors started rolling and only thing people started caring about was knocking the warriors out. Then the Lakers won in a year where everyone was tuned out.

Almost every series this year was intriguing. And both conferences actually had good teams. Let alone the awesomeness of watching a new fan base get pumped up. Like the Suns in 4 guy. The same kind of cool shit we saw when the Chiefs and blues won.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:06 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
2016 Cavs/Warriors surpasses those but I know why you'd be reluctant to say so.
That was just the finals. The east playoffs for over a decade has been mostly unwatchable. I did forget about the raptors winning one, which was kind of cool.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:11 PM 07-21-2021
That was just the finals. The east playoffs for over a decade has been mostly unwatchable. I did forget about the raptors winning one, which was kind of cool.

This series was pretty good, yes. That 76ers team with Embiid, Butler, Simmons, Harris, and Redick was stacked with talent.
[Reply]
crashcourse 01:45 PM 07-21-2021
might have had 2 of the greatest plays ive ever seen both involving ayton--his game winner against utah and him getting rejected by the greek

but best series of all time--nah pick any series involving bulls/celtics/lakers/pistons in 80s and they seemed more competitive

spurs teams with robinson/duncan had some great series

this was fun basketball and brought me back mostly because i live in zona now but doesnt hold a candle to nba 25-35 years ago
[Reply]
BWillie 03:22 PM 07-21-2021
Not sure why people feel like the Bucks are not deserving. They've been one of the best teams in the NBA for the last few years.

And people act like the Suns shouldn't have been there. They were one win away in the regular season from being the best team in all of basketball by win percentage.

LeBron's NBA is over. A new reign is in upon us.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 03:41 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Not sure why people feel like the Bucks are not deserving. They've been one of the best teams in the NBA for the last few years.

And people act like the Suns shouldn't have been there. They were one win away in the regular season from being the best team in all of basketball by win percentage.

LeBron's NBA is over. A new reign is in upon us.
I think both Suns and Bucks are getting respect they deserve. End of day though neither team was that great when comparing w past champions but they both had great seasons.

For the nba, yes. Is it even close?
See Lakers/Blazers series 2000, Lakers/Kings 2002, Warriors/Cavs 2016, Heat/Spurs 2013.. I could go on
[Reply]
Page 182 of 190
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186 > Last »
Up