ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Finally decided to give Ghost a real chance...
MTG#10 05:36 PM 08-01-2018
Really glad I did. I know they've been around awhile but only popular in the states for a short time. First time I heard them I thought they sucked ass but a friend talked me into checking out more and as I'm going through their entire discography I'm finding some really good tunes.

Some tracks kind of remind me of an "overproduced The Sword". Actually not overproduced, but "more" produced. I couldn't give two shits about their theatrics, I have always thought theatrics in metal were dumb but if I like the music I ignore them and I have to say I'm really digging the music.

Some of my favorites:

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:30 PM 08-01-2018
Meliora is a great album. Ghost really doesn't stick to one sound even on an album.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:45 PM 08-01-2018
Saw them live when they were first touring with Avenged Sevenfold as Ghost B.C. Damn they were good. Bought a Tshirt and their CD before leaving.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:55 AM 08-02-2018
Caught them open up for Iron Maiden in July 2017 and was pleasantly surprised at how good they were live. I dig them for the most part, though not a fan of their most recent album.
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:14 AM 08-02-2018
never heard of any of them - congrats looser
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:15 AM 08-02-2018
JJ

You seem nice still (not a looser)
[Reply]
Bowser 07:29 AM 08-02-2018
STRAIGHT UP SATANIC MUSIC

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
lcarus 01:57 PM 08-03-2018
Of the few songs I've heard they're pretty cool. They have a unique sound and kind of reminds me of the 80s. One of my friends is a fake metal head and he hates whenever I listen to them or Maiden. He's the type that only likes the type of metal where the dude has a deep growling voice. More interested in listening to "tough guy music". You know the types that are more interested in people seeing them listen to a certain type of music. The guy that turns his rap music up really really loud when he goes into a QuikTrip parking lot because he thinks people think hes cool or something.

Don't know why I felt like ranting about that. Ghost is pretty cool.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:49 PM 08-03-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Of the few songs I've heard they're pretty cool. They have a unique sound and kind of reminds me of the 80s. One of my friends is a fake metal head and he hates whenever I listen to them or Maiden. He's the type that only likes the type of metal where the dude has a deep growling voice. More interested in listening to "tough guy music". You know the types that are more interested in people seeing them listen to a certain type of music. The guy that turns his rap music up really really loud when he goes into a QuikTrip parking lot because he thinks people think hes cool or something.

One of my best friends is exactly the same, drives me nuts. I know when he's alone he's probably listening to Seether or some shit. Dont get me wrong, I love me some hardcore growling metal but I have to be in the mood for it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:06 AM 08-04-2018
Originally Posted by lcarus:

I am not a fan of growling vocals. I much prefer the classic clean vocals even if the singer is a little gruff like Hetfield. I can listen to a song and appreciate the instrumentation but then the barely intelligible growling vocals come in and it just kills it for me.

I can stand bands like Avatar that mix it up though.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:19 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Meliora is a great album. Ghost really doesn't stick to one sound even on an album.
Agreed, after listening more since I posted this it is definitely their best album. I do quite enjoy Prequelle as well.

One thing I've noticed is while I love their tunes I'm getting tired of them quicker than most bands. I was stuck on APC Eat the Elephant for probably three straight weeks, listened to it all the way through 2-3 times per day...its been about a week with three Ghost albums and the "newness" is already wearing off.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:23 PM 10-26-2018
Decided I'm going to dress as Papa II to hand out candy on Halloween while playing Circie on repeat from a bluetooth speaker hidden on my porch. My house is decorated all kinds of evil. It's going to be fun watching/hearing the parent's from my Blink XT security camera.
[Reply]
jjjayb 02:35 PM 10-27-2018
I thought Patrick Swayze did a great job in Ghost.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:25 PM 10-27-2018
Oh i thought this was going be about a ghost inhabiting Whoopie Goldburg so he could make whoopie with his girlfriend.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:07 AM 10-03-2021
Coming to Independence in late Feb. Anyone going? Guess I'm gonna drive up and go to a concert alone for the first time in my life because none of my friends/family are into them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up