Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark arrested for felony possession of a firearm
Hammock Parties 03:40 PM 06-21-2021
Well, bye...

https://www.tmz.com/2021/06/21/frank...ty-chiefs-nfl/

K.C. CHIEFS' FRANK CLARK
ARRESTED
... Cops Say NFL Star Had Uzi In Lambo SUV

Originally Posted by :
NFL star pass rusher Frank Clark -- one of the best defensive players in the league -- was arrested Sunday after cops say he had an uzi in his Lambo SUV ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us Clark was pulled over for a routine traffic stop Sunday evening in Los Angeles ... when cops say they noticed an open duffle bag in his ride.

Our sources say officers saw the gun inside the bag ... and arrested the 28-year-old for felony illegal possession of a firearm.

The Kansas City Chiefs superstar is still behind bars in the Los Angeles area, jail records show.

According to the records, Clark -- listed at 6'3", 255 pounds -- was arrested at 9:20 p.m. ... and was booked into jail hours later at 9:28 a.m. Monday.

We've reached out to Clark and the Chiefs for comment ... but so far, no word back yet.

Clark was a key piece in the Chiefs' runs to the Super Bowls the last two years ... after being traded from Seattle to Kansas City before the 2019 season, Clark logged 14 sacks in 26 starts and was great in postseason play too.

In fact, Clark was so good for the Chiefs since joining the team ... he was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his 2 seasons on the squad.

Of course, this is not Clark's first brush with legal trouble ... you'll recall, he was arrested in 2014 after being accused of domestic violence -- and was kicked off the Univ. of Michigan football team over it all.

Clark eventually struck a deal with prosecutors in that case, agreeing to plead guilty to a lesser charge of misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

Clark is currently in the middle of a 5-year, $104 MILLION contract with the Chiefs.

Story developing ...

[Reply]
FAX 10:49 PM 07-11-2021
Sadly, this may spell the end of Clark's aspirations of Mensa membership.

FAX
[Reply]
flinchfree 10:53 PM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
I have a loaded 45 by my chair all the time. If someone breaks in I doubt they're polite enough to be patient while I load.
This is such a weird fucking country.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:29 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
At a cap number of $26.3 million next year you can bet your ass he’s gone. The question is how do you replace him, not much waiting in the wings.
It doesn't matter who the replacement is. He needs to be gone regardless. It's a business and with this shit now on his unofficial record (and potentially his actual record, if convicted) there's no reason to make him essentially a franchise player (which is what he is with his current contract).
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:32 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Marshall Lynch 3 games, 2009

The Buffalo Bills running back was suspended after he was arrested near Los Angeles on Feb. 11 and later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge. Searching a parked car occupied by Lynch, police found a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun inside a backpack in the trunk. After pleading guilty to having a concealed firearm in a vehicle, Lynch was sentenced to 80 hours of community service and three years' probation.
Misdemeanor - singular.

If this is the benchmark and Clark is found guilty of felony possession on just one charge, he's gonna get at least 6 games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:35 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If this is true, then wow. I was fine with Clark for another year, but to get our cap space back and move on now would be huge.

We could go grab a couple FA DEs to replace his production and be set up well next offseason.
Yeah, I wasn't aware of this either.

If this is indeed true, the Chiefs could cut him after his arraignment and move on.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:02 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Misdemeanor - singular.

If this is the benchmark and Clark is found guilty of felony possession on just one charge, he's gonna get at least 6 games.
Little chance these charges get litigated this season unless its a plea to a lesser charge taking it down from a felony.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Little chance these charges get litigated this season unless its a plea to a lesser charge taking it down from a felony.
The 2nd date isn't even until October so you very well could be right.

The problem is that he's starting out with felony charges so even if he pleads guilty to misdemeanors for both incidents, he's still facing at least 6 games, which is what I said.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:08 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
At a cap number of $26.3 million next year you can bet your ass he’s gone. The question is how do you replace him, not much waiting in the wings.
He rarely gets doubled and hasn’t produced.

The cap space is far more important than his production. Very replaceable.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, I wasn't aware of this either.

If this is indeed true, the Chiefs could cut him after his arraignment and move on.
It would feel like taking a bit of a shitty way out….but I don’t see him repaying the franchise for being so overpaid.

Don’t like the outs in your deal? Negotiate a better deal or make sure you know the law.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:13 AM 07-12-2021
It would feel like taking a bit of a shitty way out….but I don’t see him repaying the franchise for being so overpaid.

Don’t like the outs in your deal? Negotiate a better deal or make sure you know the law.
He's basically got this upcoming season to prove that the Chiefs should do ANYTHING other than exercise the out in his contract and he gets arrested for felony possession of a firearm not once but twice?

Yeah, I'm not overly concerned about it. He's either going to be gone here shortly or about 12 months from "shortly". Either way, he's gone and that money can finally be spent elsewhere.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:59 AM 07-12-2021
He rarely gets doubled and hasn’t produced.

The cap space is far more important than his production. Very replaceable.
If Veach could void his contract and wanted too then it would probably already have been done, wouldn't you think?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:57 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
If Veach could void his contract and wanted too then it would probably already have been done, wouldn't you think?
His contract wouldn't be voided until after he's found guilty. I highly doubt his contract voids if he gets accused. No NFL contract would be written that way unless it's a guy like Josh Gordon.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 02:17 PM 07-12-2021
So, what's the likelihood of Clark playing this season for the Chiefs or in general?
[Reply]
wazu 02:18 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
So, what's the likelihood of Clark playing this season for the Chiefs or in general?
From what I can tell there isn't a single person on Earth that has any idea.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:43 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Marshall Lynch 3 games, 2009

The Buffalo Bills running back was suspended after he was arrested near Los Angeles on Feb. 11 and later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge. Searching a parked car occupied by Lynch, police found a 9 mm semiautomatic handgun inside a backpack in the trunk. After pleading guilty to having a concealed firearm in a vehicle, Lynch was sentenced to 80 hours of community service and three years' probation.

"I'm just here so I don't get fined."
[Reply]
Page 36 of 43
« First < 263233343536 37383940 > Last »
Up