ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 212 of 240
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:23 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I'm talking about ingame management on Sunday gamedays.

You're the type of mother****er where someone asks you the time, you try to to tell them how to build a watch.

I'm no draftnik. I'm not a talent evaluator.

But I've played enough Madden and watched enough football to know that I could've done a better job than Reid last night.

And his in game incompetence is enough to get him fired, if I were the owner.

It was embarrassing and unacceptable.

I would DEMAND greatness.

Be great or be gone.

And Andy is far from great.

Playing Madden should be a prerequisite for getting hired as an NFL head coach.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:27 AM 02-07-2020
Hey Warrick:

Suck my dick
[Reply]
BWillie 08:32 AM 02-07-2020
hahah rabble. never change.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:36 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Did anyone quote and save the OP?
eriously.

This guy is terrible at game management...which is really the #1 job of a head coach, above and beyond all the other things some coaches do and others don't, they ALL have one thing in common : game management.

People make the excuse, "well, that's who he is. He was like that in Philly. Good Andy/Bad Andy."
- Well, I know if any one of us fuck's up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.
+ Well, I know if any one of us ****'s up constantly, and don't learn and don't change the stupid tendecies, then we don't have a job anymore.

- His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out fucking unacceptable.
+ His failure to adapt his "strategy" to something more than a 9 year old's Madden technique is more than maddening - it's flat out ****ing unacceptable.

If I was Clark Hunt, and I watched that embarrassing shitshow that went out over national TV last night, Reid's ass is in my office 1st thing this morning and I might fire him. Seriously. That was horrific.

I find it unfathomable that a coach of some 20+ years NFL experience (16 or 17 as HC) is so blitheringly ignorant of basic situational football.
1st qtr, 1st and goal from the 2. RUN THE BALL 4 STRAIGHT TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO. The all time leader in NFL rushing average is in the backfield...or is Reid thinking about Burnt ends??

1st and goal with 90 sec at the end of the half - you lead 14-7, their offense just got some momentum, so...END THE HALF with 3 kneel downs and go in the locker room leading by 7. 14, because it's 21-7 if you run with Jamal at goal to go on the 1st series.

Take the guy getting toasted out of the game - Jemel Phlegming SUCKS. maybe Reid started Sanders and Manning in his fantasy team??

After Knile Davis goes UNTOUCHED for an 8 yd TD scamper in the 4th, you keep feeding those fresh legs the ball, and never relinquish the lead.

****, that sequence at the end of the 1st half was ABYSMAL. Reid and his staff should be FIRED for gross incompetence. Before that mini-shitshow, Denver didn't even think they could play football anymore, and 5head looked like he was ready to lay down and die.

This is ALL on the coaching staff. They threw this game.*

Andy Reid should be held accountable.

Instead...he gets a paycheck and a mixed plate.

How is this guy a head coach??

DAMN NEAR ANYONE ON CP COULD HAVE CALLED A BETTER GAME THAN ANDY FAT SHITSHOW REID LAST NIGHT...

He wins most of the games he should, based on talent alone...
- How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right fucking now!!!???
+ How does he keep jobs?? How is Clark not roasting his ass right ****ing now!!!???

What will it take, blowing a 50 point lead in the playoffs???
+
(Don't know if it was intentional or just a byproduct of Reid's now-obvious incompetence...but make no mistake - this game was ours and Reid GAVE IT AWAY. INEXCUSABLE.)

But why should Reid care??

He's gonna be eating KC BBQ for the next 5-6 years.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:38 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Reid is the best thing thats ever happened to Kansas City sports. It allowed us to get a great offensive scheme. It allowed us to finally acquire our franchise QB. And as it turns out we were fortunate to be able to get him simply because he was unlucky with Philadelphia. It almost seems like fate.

Andy and Patrick are the epitome of Kansas City.
Andy Reid is the best thing to happen to this franchise since Len Dawson..that is before we drafted Mahomes. Andy Reid is a god damned offensive wizard.
Just remember how bad we sucked before Andy Reid. He's going to the HOF. He's a ****ing stud.
It still is true that Andy struggles with clock management, but it's usually overstated. That is the easiest part of being a HC. Creating an elite offensive scheme, making adjustments on the fly based on what the other team is doing, etc that is the hard part.
[Reply]
burt 08:51 AM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Some of you have very unrealistic expectations given our talent level on defense vs a HOF QB.

We're 2-0 in two road games with a QB who had never started a real game before.

Andy Reid is a fucking genius and a top 5 NFL coach.
[/QUOTE]

And this is why I respect Clay. ALL YEAR, he was a staunch support and totally unwavering. I almost want to put him up for MVF!
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:31 AM 02-07-2020
Let's not believe that a Super Bowl title buys you amnesty. We can still discuss his shortcomings and not just ignore them like they don't exist. We need to understand that without Andy, Patrick probably wouldn't have been as prolific the last two seasons, and Andy, without Patrick, wouldn't have gotten his Super Bowl. They make an amazing pairing that cancels out each others flaws well, but there are always weaknesses that could be strengthened. You can always improve your game.
[Reply]
bdlangton 10:01 AM 02-07-2020
I remember when people wanted Andy fired in the first quarter of the Houston game. What a time that was.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 10:02 AM 02-07-2020

[Reply]
Shields68 11:58 AM 02-07-2020
It still is true that Andy struggles with clock management, but it's usually overstated. That is the easiest part of being a HC. Creating an elite offensive scheme, making adjustments on the fly based on what the other team is doing, etc that is the hard part.
I would agree it is overstated. He usually has some decent explanations for the decisions that he makes and so a lot of the perceived really poor decisions were actually more borderline not good calls or other peoples mistakes that he tried to correct before they became a disaster. You have to also factor in that in a lot of games prior to this year that the defense had a very very low chance of getting a stop in a crucial situation. So the benefit of saving timeouts to use to get a stop v using the timeouts to have the most optimal play is actually not as obvious a call.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 12:15 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Let's not believe that a Super Bowl title buys you amnesty. We can still discuss his shortcomings and not just ignore them like they don't exist. We need to understand that without Andy, Patrick probably wouldn't have been as prolific the last two seasons, and Andy, without Patrick, wouldn't have gotten his Super Bowl. They make an amazing pairing that cancels out each others flaws well, but there are always weaknesses that could be strengthened. You can always improve your game.
Good point. People acted like I was an Andy-hater just b/c I pointed out some flaws with him even though I qualified it by saying i still thought he was a good coach and that we would still win the super bowl.

Well, he still has flaws. Even in the super bowl, it took him way too long to adjust and for the first 3 quarters, he allowed the SF defense to dictate his game plan, choosing to try to dink and dunk b/c the defense was getting pressure. Luckily, he finally trusted mahomes to move around and beat the pressure to be able to take some deeper shots and it worked out great.

Hopefully, andy learned from this and will trust mahomes from the start and not get scared and let the D dictate his plan. It took a while, but I'm very encouraged by the adjustments Andy made - the going for it on the 4th and shorts and finally trusting mahomes to be mahomes. This wouldn't happen pre-mahomes.

We used to talk about Alex smith saying that he was psychologically shell-shocked from the all the pressure and hits he took early in his career and that's why he played scared. It's almost like Andy was psychologically messed up from dealing with crap like mcnabb and smith most of his career and he coached scared b/c of it. Let's not also overlook that this is andy's own fault for sticking with mediocre QBs for so long despite knowing their limitations and even protecting them by calling the game conservatively.

This may have been a bigger problem over his career than his game/clock management if it turns out that the reason for the lousy management was b/c he had loser QBs who were incapable of running an offense with proper timing. If you have a limited QB and need to score quickly, I still don't think the answer is to go on a long-time consuming drive - I'd rather coach the limited QB to throw the ball downfield and risk a turnover b/c if you take that long to score, you're going to lose anyway. If andy would have done this and exposed those limited QBs for the losers they were instead of protecting them by calling the game conservatively, then he may have found a decent QB a while ago. There's also the small chance the loser QBs would have come through for him.

The good news is that it looks like those days are behind us and andy can be a much better coach than he used to be. It looks like mahomes has worked his magic on andy and Im looking forward to them both continuing to get better and win more bowls.
[Reply]
stumppy 12:30 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Playing Madden should be a prerequisite for getting hired as an NFL head coach.
:-)

Beat me to it.
[Reply]
warpaint* 12:41 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
Good point. People acted like I was an Andy-hater just b/c I pointed out some flaws with him even though I qualified it by saying i still thought he was a good coach and that we would still win the super bowl.

Well, he still has flaws. Even in the super bowl, it took him way too long to adjust and for the first 3 quarters, he allowed the SF defense to dictate his game plan, choosing to try to dink and dunk b/c the defense was getting pressure. Luckily, he finally trusted mahomes to move around and beat the pressure to be able to take some deeper shots and it worked out great.

Hopefully, andy learned from this and will trust mahomes from the start and not get scared and let the D dictate his plan. It took a while, but I'm very encouraged by the adjustments Andy made - the going for it on the 4th and shorts and finally trusting mahomes to be mahomes. This wouldn't happen pre-mahomes.

We used to talk about Alex smith saying that he was psychologically shell-shocked from the all the pressure and hits he took early in his career and that's why he played scared. It's almost like Andy was psychologically messed up from dealing with crap like mcnabb and smith most of his career and he coached scared b/c of it. Let's not also overlook that this is andy's own fault for sticking with mediocre QBs for so long despite knowing their limitations and even protecting them by calling the game conservatively.

This may have been a bigger problem over his career than his game/clock management if it turns out that the reason for the lousy management was b/c he had loser QBs who were incapable of running an offense with proper timing. If you have a limited QB and need to score quickly, I still don't think the answer is to go on a long-time consuming drive - I'd rather coach the limited QB to throw the ball downfield and risk a turnover b/c if you take that long to score, you're going to lose anyway. If andy would have done this and exposed those limited QBs for the losers they were instead of protecting them by calling the game conservatively, then he may have found a decent QB a while ago. There's also the small chance the loser QBs would have come through for him.

The good news is that it looks like those days are behind us and andy can be a much better coach than he used to be. It looks like mahomes has worked his magic on andy and Im looking forward to them both continuing to get better and win more bowls.
Six paragraphs b/c the man isn't perfect.

Other than the Christ no one is.

Bill Belichick not only has flaws but also got fired once.

You know Mahomes threw two picks Sunday right?
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:42 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by bdlangton:
I remember when people wanted Andy fired in the first quarter of the Houston game. What a time that was.
This is why you don't hang out on CP during a game. mouth-breathers running amock
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:50 PM 02-07-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:

. . . .
That post shouldn't be re-read by anyone, ever. But we need a point of reference, so . . .

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 212 of 240
« First < 112162202208209210211212 213214215216222 > Last »
Up