ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 240
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 AM 09-26-2016
Bill Burr is a god.

My favorite comedian by far. I can't believe somebody like Kevin Hart is more popular than him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Bill Burr is a god.

My favorite comedian by far. I can't believe somebody like Kevin Hart is more popular than him.
Louis C.K. is still my favorite but Burr's not far behind.

Kevin Hart is the Josh McDaniels of stand up...
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:55 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Kevin Hart is the Josh McDaniels of stand up...
This. Louis C.K. and Bill Burr are tops for me.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:58 AM 09-26-2016
Dirk Koetter is a terrible head coach. Andy Reid is not.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:10 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by milkman:
I'd trade Reid for Josh McDaniel right now without a second thought.

The Chiefs offense scored 10 points on 4 turnovers today, with two TDs scored by the defense and special teams on the other 2.

That is pathetic and inexcusable.
We controlled that game from the jump. I agree it was hard to watch, not to mention that we should have scored 45 with all the turnovers, but they put the offense in a shell early, likely to keep the Steelers from seeing anything on tape. Just my theory, anyway.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:12 AM 09-26-2016
You people are fucking idiots.

Reid has had TWO losing seasons in an 18 year career.

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt fucking Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

Fuck me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Idiots, the whole fucking lot of you.

Excellent post, btw. 100% spot on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:15 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
We controlled that game from the jump. I agree it was hard to watch, not to mention that we should have scored 45 with all the turnovers, but they put the offense in a shell early, likely to keep the Steelers from seeing anything on tape. Just my theory, anyway.
I think it has less to do with that....and more to do with Reid being conservative when his defense is playing well. I don't think that Reid has a killer mentality. He isn't the coach to put his foot on their throat and go in for the kill shot. The last 2 minutes in the 1st half proved that. I know Smith chucked it deep twice...but he wasn't really going for the kill by wasting time.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:23 AM 09-26-2016
This!
:-):-)
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:41 AM 09-26-2016

The Chiefs offense scored 10 points on 4 turnovers today, with two TDs scored by the defense and special teams on the other 2.

McDaniels has been a train wreck when he doesn't have BB holding his hand. Trust me I was a Rams fan I've seen it personally & it wasn't good. He was basically going to run the Patriots O with no regard to whether he actually had the players to do it. He just kept trying to ram the square peg into the round hole.

Granted I just started following the Chiefs this year but I've always thought Reid was a good coach from afar. I would never want McDaniels, seen it once before & it wasn't pretty.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:43 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
McDaniels has been a train wreck when he doesn't have BB holding his hand. Trust me I was a Rams fan I've seen it personally & it wasn't good. He was basically going to run the Patriots O with no regard to whether he actually had the players to do it. He just kept trying to ram the square peg into the round hole.

Granted I just started following the Chiefs this year but I've always thought Reid was a good coach from afar. I would never want McDaniels, seen it once before & it wasn't pretty.
Apologies for you having to deal with Kroenke steal your team away.

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. New guy always brings the beer.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:50 AM 09-26-2016
You people are ****ing idiots.

Reid has had TWO losing seasons in an 18 year career.

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt ****ing Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

**** me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Idiots, the whole ****ing lot of you.
I tried to find the like button for this post.

Thumbs up.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:59 AM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Apologies for you having to deal with Kroenke steal your team away.

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. New guy always brings the beer.
Thanks man!!

Actually have really been enjoying it here, been somewhat laying low as I'm still learning the team so I feel like I lack the knowledge you guys have to be able to really chime in on the debates. But as I get more involved you'll see me post more.

And honestly it's been easier to transition than I thought, it probably helped to have such a great game as my first experience When that game tying extra point almost hit the upright my heart jumped.

Hopefully I can make it to a game this year & meet up with some of you guys & buy you that beer.:-)
[Reply]
Kman34 01:40 PM 09-26-2016
The Chiefs are 12-1 in the last 13 games.... I'd say he's doing a ok job...
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 01:54 PM 09-26-2016

As offensive coordinator ... yes
As Head Coach ... no

Belichek keeps McDaniel in check

Want no part of him as HC yet.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 02:22 PM 09-26-2016
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
As offensive coordinator ... yes
As Head Coach ... no

Belichek keeps McDaniel in check

Want no part of him as HC yet.
I wouldn't even want him as OC unless he comes as a package with Belichek. He's spent 3 years without BB, his 2 seasons at Denver his offense finished 19th & 20th in points. His season as OC of the Rams he was dead last, & let me tell you from experience it was ugly.

Meanwhile in N.E. while he was gone they finished 6th, 1st & 2nd. He's along for the ride IMO.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 240
« First < 253132333435 363738394585135 > Last »
Up