ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 333
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 PM 04-17-2023
The Royals are going to pay for Moore's drafting philosophy for awhile, you can't just flip a switch with something like that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:22 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Royals are going to pay for Moore's drafting philosophy for awhile, you can't just flip a switch with something like that.
It's drafting AND development.

Neither one is a super quick fix.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:48 PM 04-17-2023
I'll just leave this here. College...

++++ LANGUAGE ++++

https://www.tiktok.com/@everythingsp...n&ug_btm=b2001
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:55 PM 04-17-2023
Really? Baltimore did. 2nd best offense in baseball
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:11 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They're also 4.5 years into their regime change, rather than six months.

What did 2019 look like for Baltimore? (They lost 108 games). Then they were on pace for 97 in 20. And lost 110 in 21.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:12 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
They changed everything long before the Royals did and I can argue the Royals keeping Piccollo instead of going outside isn't a full change which could easily stunt the process.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:24 PM 04-17-2023
Yeah I won’t agree we had a “regime change” when piccolo is the GM
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:02 PM 04-17-2023
They changed everything long before the Royals did and I can argue the Royals keeping Piccollo instead of going outside isn't a full change which could easily stunt the process.
That's a fair critique, and if Picollo doesn't make things work long-term, one we can criticuze Sherman for.

However, they did recycle a good portion of the development staff. Not sure on scouting.

Zumwalt and co. staying is good. They've been doing good work. I think some of the changes made on the pitching side are bearing fruit, at least early.

As cited, Bubic and Keller have expanded their arsenals in ways the previous staff was resistant to do, and it has paid off. In the minors, not a lot to mention yet, but Alec Marsh has looked strong for NWA (with the walks down. Encouraging).

There's room for some optimism. Especially if you like Maikel Garcia, Nick Loftin, and Tucker Bradley.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:04 PM 04-17-2023

If cream rises to the top, then sludge sinks to the bottom. It's early in the MLB season, but we already kinda know which clubs kinda stink.

I wrote about the five worst teams in baseball over @MLBONFOXhttps://t.co/TMhKG23JyM

— Céspedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) April 17, 2023

5. Kansas City Royals (4-12)

The Good: A bunch of things, believe it or not. Vinnie Pasquantino has doubled down on last year's breakout. Bobby Witt Jr. is finally looking like the prince who was promised. A bearded and rejuvenated Aroldis Chapman hasn't allowed a run yet. New pitching coach Brian Sweeney has helped Kris Bubic and Brad Keller revamp their arsenals to great effect. There are some legit bright spots here.

The Bad: KC somehow has the worst K/BB in baseball, even though Pasquantino has more walks than strikeouts. That's because the second half of this lineup is a brutal watch. Michael Massey, Hunter Dozier, Jackie Bradley Jr. and Nate Eaton have gone a combined 15-for-131 with just three extra-base hits. MJ Melendez hasn't settled in at all. The Franmil Reyes reclamation project isn't going to plan. Maybe they can find a way to let Pasquantino and Witt switch off every single at-bat.

The Upshot: There’s actually a lot to like about the Royals, especially if the strides in the rotation prove to be real. But the bottom of the lineup is just so outrageously dreadful that a legitimately encouraging display by Kansas City’s arms might not lead to many wins.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:37 PM 04-17-2023
That was very kind of them.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 03:41 PM 04-17-2023

A look at last week's standouts as selected by our play-by-play broadcasters at each affiliate! #RaisingRoyals pic.twitter.com/uDDl7a1to6

— Raising Royals (@KCRoyalsPD) April 17, 2023

[Reply]
srvy 04:02 PM 04-17-2023
:-) Going on the defensive :-)

This is the same dude that lied to us that Tyreek was guilty as charged because his wife had a nurse friend that had all the dirty details and Reek was a POS.

When the truth came out he just slipped away into the shadows and never apologized for anything. I don't listen to anything you have to say in any sport here. Woke blowhard
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:24 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
:-) Going on the defensive :-)

This is the same dude that lied to us that Tyreek was guilty as charged because his wife had a nurse friend that had all the dirty details and Reek was a POS.

When the truth came out he just slipped away into the shadows and never apologized for anything. I don't listen to anything you have to say in any sport here. Woke blowhard
Yeah, that's not true, bud.

I did apologize (and share what details I could) and, when all was said and done, talked about how I needed to change my mindset on DV cases with athletes. That I was going to take it as an opportunity to grow.

Also not quite what my sourcing on things was. So hate me all you want, bro. I'm not crying into my pillow about it.

Take this as a "gotcha, he mad" if you're so inclined. I'll just sign off by pointing out that I'm not the one triggered by something that happened four years ago.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:42 PM 04-17-2023
Dozier trying to lose the game in the first inning with his defense.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:44 PM 04-17-2023
And Texas hits a 3 run homer when the inning should have been over.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 333
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up