ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Super Bowl Halftime Show announced already?
luv 03:15 PM 09-30-2021

Dr Dre
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Mary J. Blige
Kendrick Lamar
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:21 AM 10-01-2021
"Boomers" -as we're now affectionately being stereotyped here on the CP now- don't drink much Pepsi. As you get older you get wise that soft drinks are bad for you. So we're not in Pepsi's target demographic. It's business, I get it.

I wonder if Vegas will take bets on any entourage gunfire happening during the actual show? Probably not inside the stadium, but outside is always a possibility in LA. Wonder if Frank Clark is going to try to take his Uzi in with him?

Snoop sold out to Corona Beer.
Ice T is hawking Tide Pods and Carshield.
I think you lose your artistic credibility when you become commercial pitchmen.

I can see it now:
Super Bowl Commercial:
Eminem and Jay-Z wearing wife beaters, baggy pants; grabbing their junk with one hand and a mic in the other; decked out in backwards hats and about 30 pounds of gold chains, and they rap "MF...MF...MF...MF...McDonalds!" Cha-Ching!
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:33 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yep he carries it for me personally. While I like em and snoop just fine I honestly don’t give a shit about dre or mary j bilge.
I'm looking forward to Snoop and Dre the most. Kendrick next and MJB will be a nice touch. Eminem music is ok but he's not my favorite performer
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
"Boomers" -as we're now affectionately being stereotyped here on the CP now- don't drink much Pepsi. As you get older you get wise that soft drinks are bad for you. So we're not in Pepsi's target demographic. It's business, I get it.

I wonder if Vegas will take bets on any entourage gunfire happening during the actual show? Probably not inside the stadium, but outside is always a possibility in LA. Wonder if Frank Clark is going to try to take his Uzi in with him?

Snoop sold out to Corona Beer.
Ice T is hawking Tide Pods and Carshield.
I think you lose your artistic credibility when you become commercial pitchmen.

I can see it now:
Super Bowl Commercial:
Eminem and Jay-Z wearing wife beaters, baggy pants; grabbing their junk with one hand and a mic in the other; decked out in backwards hats and about 30 pounds of gold chains, and they rap "MF...MF...MF...MF...McDonalds!" Cha-Ching!
Claims to be stereotyped.

Blatantly stereotypes people in his post.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:40 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Claims to be stereotyped.

Blatantly stereotypes people in his post.
Ironic, ain't it?
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:42 AM 10-01-2021
The only thing funnier than old farts bitching about rap is old people in their thirties trying to convince themselves they aren't old by hanging out in a forum full of sixty year olds. It's like convincing yourself that you're good looking by hanging out in a leper colony.

The Super Bowl half-time show is going to suck no matter who they pick. They should just pick whoever the hottest teen pop chick is that year and have her shake her ass in front of the camera while she lip-syncs to her shitty number one hit. The kiddies get the music they like and us old men get to look at some titties. Everybody wins.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:46 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
While I was really only interested in Aerosmith... this was a good blend.

I had forgotten that one. That was really good. That's how you do it!
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:46 AM 10-01-2021
:-) Wow
[Reply]
morphius 09:47 AM 10-01-2021
Glad some people will like it, luckily halftime shows are relatively easy to ignore. They will have their cute fake crowds jumping in front of the stage to try and up the excitement, which just hurts for me to watch no matter the act. Pet peeve I guess.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:56 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Ice T is hawking Tide Pods and Carshield....
Those Carshield ads are the absolute worst....especially the ones with Ric Flair.

But ya...i'll check out the halftime show.

Tune in. If good, continue watching...if bad, flip and wait for Q3.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:17 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
The Super Bowl half-time show is going to suck no matter who they pick. They should just pick whoever the hottest teen pop chick is that year and have her shake her ass in front of the camera while she lip-syncs to her shitty number one hit. The kiddies get the music they like and us old men get to look at some titties. Everybody wins.
I thought the same but the amount of people who complained when they had Beyonce was much higher than I anticipated.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:24 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I thought the same but the amount of people who complained when they had Beyonce was much higher than I anticipated.
The fact is not everyone likes the same stuff, I’m sure there is a music genre and artists you’re simply not a fan of… and that’s fine, you should be able to express that view without everyone shitting on you
[Reply]
stevieray 10:28 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Neg rep me some more, Grandpa.
Thanks for proving my point.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:31 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Thanks for proving my point.
That you cry just as much as you claim I’m doing?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:31 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The fact is not everyone likes the same stuff, I’m sure there is a music genre and artists you’re simply not a fan of… and that’s fine, you should be able to express that view without everyone shitting on you
Surely. I don't care about any of this so I'm not invested anyway. They could bring in a country star, pop star, rap star, rock star.. fuck, they could bring in a Malaysian opera singer and I wouldn't give two shits.

I think the key here is that those who bring the criticism are opening themselves up to the negativity.

Take this thread for instance. Those experiencing the biggest backlash aren't the guys who say "Eh, I was hoping they might bring in a rock show this time", it's the ones who say shit like "This is the cRAPpiest show yet", "Rap is easily the least popular genre! WTF are they thinking!?", "None of these people have any talent", etc.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:32 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Yep he carries it for me personally. While I like em and snoop just fine I honestly don’t give a shit about dre or mary j bilge.
He's got his following. Im not much of a Kendrick guy myself, but i got a few of his tracks on my spotify. But he is the face of the current west coast rap scene.

Im more of a YG guy. I like rock loud, fast and heavy. I like my rap to be gangster with same glass shaking beats. This shit with some knockin' subs is where it's at.

[Reply]
Page 14 of 20
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up