ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 752 of 3903
« First < 252652702742748749750751752 75375475575676280285212521752 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:01 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
At what point do people just pack up and move to a place with less hysterical people running the show?
I don't think this would be a good time to sell or to look for another job, etc.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:01 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
At what point do people just pack up and move to a place with less hysterical people running the show?
We went from cant wait till spring to Escape from LA in 2 weeks.
Would make a great movie.
[Reply]
wazu 06:02 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't think this would be a good time to sell or to look for another job, etc.
Maybe not sell, but if you’re a renter that’s already lost your job...
[Reply]
chinaski 06:03 PM 03-25-2020
The governor announced a 90 day forbearance on mortgages without any impact on credit for almost all banks.

They're really expecting us to get hit hard.
Did we shut down earlier than NYC?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:05 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Garcetti is saying Los Angeles will be locked down for at least 2 months, and be prepared for longer. He doesn't sound optimistic at all.
Source? I can't find anything on this anywhere.
[Reply]
kgrund 06:05 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
That was my point this morning...

Their daily deaths are still at 14. Since before noon.

We’re going over 250 today I’m betting
Said it earlier, but I will say it again. The numbers today do not have anything to do with the less testing today. The numbers reported today are when heavy testing was still occurring. These tests and test results are not on real time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:07 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Did we shut down earlier than NYC?
I don't know but Garcetti just ordered the water and power to be shut off for "non-essential businesses".

He's really getting after it.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:07 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Source? I can't find anything on this anywhere.
https://www.businessinsider.com/covi...-months-2020-3
[Reply]
chinaski 06:10 PM 03-25-2020
I don't know but Garcetti just ordered the water and power to be shut off for "non-essential businesses".

I'm pretty sure we were one of the first to shut down, after Washington I believe. I also don't quite understand why our officials are saying that we are 6 to 12 days behind NYC.

New York is certainly more densely populated than LA, and we don't rely on public transportation as much as they do. Just trying to be optimistic.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:10 PM 03-25-2020
For those of you that know me personally, I'd ask that you keep this to CP and off of any other forms of social media...feel free to PM me here if you want to chat.

Sunday overnight, I had the worst coughing fit of my life. Damn near puked on several occasions. Woke up with a tight chest, a pounding headache, body aches and a temperature that was all over the map. Reached 101.7 at one point, as as low as 96.5 at another.

Called the hotline and met the criteria to test - but only because I was recently in California. Was told that the symptoms alone were not enough to warrant a test. Earliest they could get me in to test was today. Symptoms have not lessened, and the body aches have gotten worse. Was told that rest and hydration was really all I could do at this point, and that treatment would be the same even if I test positive. Only way they'll admit me is if my breathing becomes more labored.

Literally have zero energy. It takes a massive amount of effort just to get to the bathroom. Shit, it's taken me like 10 minutes to type this out. If I don't have CV, I'd love to know WTF it is, because it's unlike anything I've ever had before.

Anyway, take this shit seriously. Stay the fuck home if you can.

Socially distant hugs and kisses,

OTW15
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:11 PM 03-25-2020
There is going to start being some major push back. People are already getting restless.
[Reply]
chinaski 06:11 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
For those of you that know me personally, I'd ask that you keep this to CP and off of any other forms of social media...feel free to PM me here if you want to chat.

Sunday overnight, I had the worst coughing fit of my life. Damn near puked on several occasions. Woke up with a tight chest, a pounding headache, body aches and a temperature that was all over the map. Reached 101.7 at one point, as as low as 96.5 at another.

Called the hotline and met the criteria to test - but only because I was recently in California. Was told that the symptoms alone were not enough to warrant a test. Earliest they could get me in to test was today. Symptoms have not lessened, and the body aches have gotten worse. Was told that rest and hydration was really all I could do at this point, and that treatment would be the same even if I test positive. Only way they'll admit me is if my breathing becomes more labored.

Literally have zero energy. It takes a massive amount of effort just to get to the bathroom. Shit, it's taken me like 10 minutes to type this out. If I don't have CV, I'd love to know WTF it is, because it's unlike anything I've ever had before.

Anyway, take this shit seriously. Stay the **** home if you can.

OTW15
God bless you, take care and FIGHT IT!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 06:12 PM 03-25-2020

Wow that is really extreme and stupid if they are cutting off power and water to “non-essential” businesses.

Even if closed there are still power needs... security systems, climate control, etc.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:12 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

Anyway, take this shit seriously. Stay the fuck home if you can.

OTW15
Get well man, sounds awful no matter what it may end up being.
[Reply]
eDave 06:13 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I totally wish I could. I've probably taken it 50 times today. I can give you a run down of the times and my temps if you'd like?
With all due respect, this is not healthy.
[Reply]
Page 752 of 3903
« First < 252652702742748749750751752 75375475575676280285212521752 > Last »
Up