ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 208
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
staylor26 10:40 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
A 3rd down RB according to Urban.
Wait, what???
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:41 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wait, what???
Yep.

They spent a 1st round pick on a running back they intend to use situationally.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 PM 04-29-2021
Wait, what???

Urban says he sees J-Rob, Carlos Hyde as the 1-2 punch, Etienne as a third-down back.

“We wanna be Top-8 in the league... and with James Robinson, Hyde and Etienne, we think we’re there” #Jaguars

— Mia O'Brien (@MiaOBrienTV) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 10:45 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
:-) wtf?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:47 PM 04-29-2021
:-) wtf?
Urban is a guy that wants to run the ball 60% of the time. He's a dinosaur.

The only reason they drafted Lawrence is because not even Urban Meyer could fuck up the #1 overall pick when Lawrence and Wilson are your choices.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 10:51 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

The only reason they drafted Lawrence is because not even Urban Meyer could fuck up the #1 overall pick when Lawrence and Wilson are your choices.
Mayock and Gruden on the other hand...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:52 PM 04-29-2021

If what he’s saying is true, it’s even worse than the Raiders pick.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:55 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He’s keeping it close to his vest. He did say a week ago that they really like Pringle
Maybe they sign a vet WR? Larry Fitzgerald might have a little left in the gas tank. He'd only be the 4th option on this team anyway. Plus, with him on the squad we'd be the sentimental favorite to win it all so he'd get a ring...
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Maybe they sign a vet WR? Larry Fitzgerald might have a little left in the gas tank. He'd only be the 4th option on this team anyway. Plus, with him on the squad we'd be the sentimental favorite to win it all so he'd get a ring...
If you want a vet, Golden Tates a good fit.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:12 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If you want a vet, Golden Tates a good fit.
He works too.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:13 PM 04-29-2021
I think JOK is a victim of Simmons rookie year.

Teams are scared to take a guy like that unless they know what to do with them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 PM 04-29-2021
If what he’s saying is true, it’s even worse than the Raiders pick.
Oh you know it's true because you can't make shit like that up.

I mean, first he says they want to be top 8 in rushing. Not top 5. Not top 10. Top EIGHT, like it's some kind of magic number.

And then he mentioned Carlos Hyde, like he fully intends to use the guy and take carries away from Robinson.

Yeah, it's true alright.

But hey, I guess when your starting left tackle is Cam Robinson and you draft a QB #1 overall, the best way to move forward is to draft a 3rd down back...
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:22 PM 04-29-2021
They filled that spot last year. They don't need a RB.

They certainly don't need to live in the past, which is all this is.
Nope, poor hyperbole as I said you need more than one RB that can do it. I've said my comparison but with a 17 game schedule got to plan ahead for injury and CEH was gone for extended period thus sparking a proposed contingency plan. The injury happened, and like Kamara and Ingram it's always good to have more options to split CEH out and have Clyde work in space and flourish with Javonte in the backfield to run or go into pass pro sets
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Nope, poor hyperbole as I said you need more than one RB that can do it. I've said my comparison but with a 17 game schedule got to plan ahead for injury and CEH was gone for extended period thus sparking a proposed contingency plan. The injury happened, and like Kamara and Ingram it's always good to have more options to split CEH out and have Clyde work in space and flourish with Javonte in the backfield to run or go into pass pro sets
Kamara was a 3rd round pick. I think we'll be just fine without a 2nd round running back.

Hopefully Williams goes off the board well before we pick and this conversation is over at that point because taking a RB in the 2nd round would be absolutely awful value, especially on the heels of taking a RB in the 1st last year.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:25 PM 04-29-2021
The only RB I'd consider is Trey Sermon because he looks special in a spread running scheme.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 208
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up