ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 192
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
louie aguiar 04:04 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
YET, but we are going to this offseason. They did not make this trade just to throw it all away after one season. We will sign Brown to an extension at the end of this season for somewhere between $16 and $20 million AAV.
Not if he keeps playing like this. That would be doubling down on a mistake. I don’t see Orlando Brown as a fit for the offense Andy Reid wants to run. He’s limited in pass protection. He’s always going to struggle with speed rushers.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:07 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’s getting beat on ten step drop backs because he’s always had issues with speed rushers. That’s like drafting Bolton and asking him to go cover TEs 90% do the time.

Pat needs to step up in the pockets
more.
He's trying, that's why he looks so uncomfortable. Mahomes wants to run around until someone pops open.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:07 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If the Chiefs were going to sign him he'd locked up already this is a" prove it" year
This is a prove your worth in our scheme year.
Who are we going to sign in the off-season if not Brown? Are we going to get high enough to draft a top LT? Are we going to get a FA LT? The answer to both of those is somewhere between highly unlikely to no.
He will be willing to sign a "lower than market" contract to keep his dream alive while he continues to get better ala, Eric Fisher.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:13 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
This is a prove your worth in our scheme year.
Who are we going to sign in the off-season if not Brown? Are we going to get high enough to draft a top LT? Are we going to get a FA LT? The answer to both of those is somewhere between highly unlikely to no.
He will be willing to sign a "lower than market" contract to keep his dream alive while he continues to get better ala, Eric Fisher.
Like I said Brown would be signed now if Veach thought he's the answer especially when it concerns protecting Patrick's blindside.
Everything is fluid in the NFL concerning draft prospects or players on other teams wanting to be traded or released
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:22 PM 10-25-2021
We just need Pat to adjust to Brown's deficiencies that we've known about months ago
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:23 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Don't pay this guy.

Veach will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
TEX 04:23 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
Not if he keeps playing like this. That would be doubling down on a mistake. I don’t see Orlando Brown as a fit for the offense Andy Reid wants to run. He’s limited in pass protection. He’s always going to struggle with speed rushers.
Amen.
[Reply]
-King- 04:55 PM 10-25-2021
Its kind of funny how little we play to his strengths though. I think he's sucked so far but shit we don't even try to help. What's the point of building this great run blocking line and then not even running. Or when you run, it's with two RBs who are slower than Mahomes? Why not try quick passes so that DEs can't speed rush every single time? Why not help him out when you're running long developing plays? What's the point of us having kept all these tight ends if they can't help block?

As bad as players have been, the coaches have probably been worse. You should know a players weaknesses by the end of camp. You should be able to gameplan around those weaknesses by now.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:04 PM 10-25-2021
The bigger question might be why bring in, let alone trade for, a guy that doesn't fit your strengths?

On the coaching front, yeah its week 7 and he's struggling with the same stuff he was in camp and beyond, so make the adjustment already unless you're confident he's going to magically figure it out midseason.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:27 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
The trade was:
Orlando Brown
Nick Bolton (Ravens pick)
6th rounder next year

for
Odafe Oweh, DE
Ben Cleveland, G
Pick traded to Cardinals for 5th(Shaun Wade, CB) and 2022 4th rounder
5th rounder next year

Shaun Wade was traded for 2022 seventh-round pick and a 2023 fifth-round pick.

Cleveland is on the IR.

Ravens got a bunch of picks for the 4th rounder. That's about it.
Oweh has almost half as many sacks (3) as our entire defense (8). With a couple forced fumbles. He'd immediately be the most effective pass rusher on our team not named - and I'm being very generous here based on his play so far this season - Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Hoover 05:29 PM 10-25-2021
Guys we are going to sign Remmers to a 5 year deal and hold Niang can play LT
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:33 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Guys we are going to sign Remmers to a 5 year deal and hold Niang can play LT
Only if they secretly hate Mahomes and are trying to get him killed.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:34 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Only if they secretly hate Mahomes and are trying to get him killed.
Not convinced Veach isn't.

I think he may just be that incompetent though.
[Reply]
-King- 05:38 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Oweh has almost half as many sacks (3) as our entire defense (8). With a couple forced fumbles. He'd immediately be the most effective pass rusher on our team not named - and I'm being very generous here based on his play so far this season - Chris Jones.
Yeah Ravens gave us a player and immediately used the pick we gave them to draft someone that can abuse him. Hell Oweh was the reason they beat us week 2.

The Ravens couldn't have planned this any better.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:25 PM 10-25-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah Ravens gave us a player and immediately used the pick we gave them to draft someone that can abuse him. Hell Oweh was the reason they beat us week 2.

The Ravens couldn't have planned this any better.
nah, if we don't trade we don't have Bolton or Humphries, you choose...

Pat need to quit drifting back 10-12 yards and it will fix most of the problem.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 192
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155 > Last »
Up